Email from RCI - Premium Drink Package

louhun88

I'd love to see a list of included wines and champagne. I love to have a glass of champagne with dinner and if I remember correctly the house brand was pretty awful :(

Me too, I did ask in my email about wines but they said they change from ship to ship and different itineraries :(

I'd love to see a list of included wines and champagne. I love to have a glass of champagne with dinner and if I remember correctly the house brand was pretty awful :(

I'm convinced they are not going to list wines or put max values on glasses of wine. I can understand why they may not want to list varieties because that ties them down and could be a stocking issue. However, they could avoid that problem by listing a max value for a glass of wine. They did that for beer, and Celebrity does it for wine, it's really not rocket science. For some reason they are purposely being obtuse about wine.

I emailed Royal Caribbean to try and find out which spirits and cocktails would be included in the Premium Beverage Package onboard our upcoming cruise on the Splendour of the Seas. I received an email with a list of all spirits included and they said that any cocktails made with these spirits would be included. Email below :-

"The ship have come back to me and they have provided a list of all the

spirits included in the premium package also an onboard flyer. All

cocktails including these spirits will be included in the package.

Unfortunately they were unable to provide a wine list as these vary by ship

and itinerary.

I hope this information helps you."

rcidrinkspremium_zpsf6b2f430.gif.html

All of the above spirits are included in the premium packages!

How much is the premium drink package?

Thanks for the info.

It seems pretty inclusive! The only thing I thought was strange is the coke machines don't count. You need the souvenir cup for that, the one you get with the purchase of the unlimited soda package. You just have to go to the bars for soda. Seems as if they'd save by just giving the cup to premium packages. I'll most likely get a rum and coke instead of just a coke at the bar if I have to wait in line. lol Would seem more cost effective to let people use the machines.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if this includes shots? I only have a few bourbons a day usually, but like the have a shot or two of tequila a day while cruising. Is this included, or is it only cocktails? Is there a MAX limit per day? $55 max 10 drinks a day or something like that? Thanks for any additional information

Does anyone know if this includes shots? I only have a few bourbons a day usually, but like the have a shot or two of tequila a day while cruising. Is this included, or is it only cocktails? Is there a MAX limit per day? $55 max 10 drinks a day or something like that? Thanks for any additional information

I don't know about the shots, but there is no max limit of drinks per day at this time.

If you decided to purchase, let us know how it goes!

Louise

I'll be sailing on the Jewel of the seas next Saturday and have already purchased the Premium drink package. I'll be doing a "Live" trip report and plan to speak about my experience with it during that trip report. Please be sure follow along and see how it goes. I should be starting my thread on the live trip report on Friday, April 12th.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

I'll be sailing on the Jewel of the seas next Saturday and have already purchased the Premium drink package. I'll be doing a "Live" trip report and plan to speak about my experience with it during that trip report. Please be sure follow along and see how it goes. I should be starting my thread on the live trip report on Friday, April 12th.

If you could specifically look at what varieties of wine the are serving for both whites and reds that would be helpful.

Many thanks and enjoy your cruise!

If you could specifically look at what varieties of wine the are serving for both whites and reds that would be helpful.

Many thanks and enjoy your cruise!

In particular, sparkling white wines or champagne too please. They're my favourites! Have a great cruise!

Is there any Rose wine included in the house wines?

I`m sure the Beringer Zinfandel is included. Not a bad wine, £5.99 from Sainsburys right now, so certainly within the budget range that RCI set aside for their house wine range. ($30+ per bottle aboard).

Just wondering did anyone buy it and how did they get on?

Did you just go up and order and use sea pass? Was there an indication that it was free as part of your package? How was the wine? any problems ordering cocktails? Does it work in all bars and restaurants ( including speciality) on board?

Thanks

a picture's worth a thousand words . .

beveragepkg_zpscc0ae116.png

Melbur, when is this from? I talked to Royal last night and she seemed to say that the items listed in the primuim box on that picture were not included. She told me Tanqueray X, Pyrat XO, Belvadere, etc were all excluded as "Super Premium"

MrFunInTheSun: Would you be able to check on the availability of Knob Creek, and the Sauza Conmemmorativo for me? I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you.

Chris Marois

One more for you MrFunInTheSun if you don't mind :-) It seem to indicate that the package is good at all bars, and private locations. I am not sure of your itinerary, but if you go to a private island can you verify that the package does in fact extend to the island bars as well? Can you get the drinks from the guys walking around on the beach, or only from a bar? Thank you so much for doing this for us. The available info on line is about as clear as mud :-) I think an really nice post about what is and isn't included will make your live trip thread a VERY popular one. I look forward to reading all about it.

Chris Marois

One more for you MrFunInTheSun if you don't mind :-) It seem to indicate that the package is good at all bars, and private locations. I am not sure of your itinerary, but if you go to a private island can you verify that the package does in fact extend to the island bars as well? Can you get the drinks from the guys walking around on the beach, or only from a bar? Thank you so much for doing this for us. The available info on line is about as clear as mud :-) I think an really nice post about what is and isn't included will make your live trip thread a VERY popular one. I look forward to reading all about it.

Chris Marois

I don't mind at all. Please do me a favor though, once I start my live thread on Friday, either on Saturday or Sunday post on my thread in a bullet form if possible exact items you would like me to check out for you so that when I scan my post it sticks out at me.

It will be fun for sure drinking drinks one would not normally order on this cruise. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

So my question is this: Most of the margaritas advertised contain Patron tequila, which is not included in the premium package (and to be honest I would rather they make this package a true premium package add $5 or $10 per day and let you have everything) are the bartenders able to substitute another brand of tequila/rum/vodka for one within the package to make drinks?

We just got off the Explorer today, and had premium package. We ordered it online so we we all set when we checked in at pier. They will put a yellow sticker that says you have it. Yes drinks are included on coco cay. If you want a coco loco you have to ask for one NOT in a souvenir cup. They will charge for cups. So you must go to the bars and get it. We were able to purchase a RC cooler and he put 4 unopened Coronas in it for us( the cooler has an attached opener) we also got a bunch of plastic Corona cups. If you want soda you just ask for it at the bars or the servers, it's included. The machine how ever is not. It was nice being able to try out all the drinks. If you can drink well this package is worth it. I did have bloody Mary's and mimosa's, they were ok if that. Did not like bloody Mary mix and the champs was ok. We were able to use it in all bars, shows and dinner time. We had some rough seas so I didnt drink a couple days so I felt obligated to drink more on the other days, which I did not like. So plan on your 7 drinks a day to make it worth your while and enjoy!

Thanks ill look forward to reading your posts, as long as I can get my cosmopolitans and appletinis ill be quite happy!

We just got off the Explorer today, and had premium package. We ordered it online so we we all set when we checked in at pier. They will put a yellow sticker that says you have it. Yes drinks are included on coco cay. If you want a coco loco you have to ask for one NOT in a souvenir cup. They will charge for cups. So you must go to the bars and get it. We were able to purchase a RC cooler and he put 4 unopened Coronas in it for us( the cooler has an attached opener) we also got a bunch of plastic Corona cups. If you want soda you just ask for it at the bars or the servers, it's included. The machine how ever is not. It was nice being able to try out all the drinks. If you can drink well this package is worth it. I did have bloody Mary's and mimosa's, they were ok if that. Did not like bloody Mary mix and the champs was ok. We were able to use it in all bars, shows and dinner time. We had some rough seas so I didnt drink a couple days so I felt obligated to drink more on the other days, which I did not like. So plan on your 7 drinks a day to make it worth your while and enjoy!

Thanks for the information we sail on the Explorer May 16th was wondering if we bring our RC cooler that we got from a previous cruise do you think that they would fill it with the four beers. would be much easier than having to go to the bar and getting a beer every time I wanted one. How much was the cooler you purchased? what did it look like?