Anyone's cruise affected by this snow storm coming?

No, it doesn't happen often. He said he doesn't think there has been a ban signed since the Blizzard of 78.

The Blizzard of '78 is the reason the date on my high school diploma is a full week earlier than the actual event.:rolleyes:

We're starting to get worried about the effect this storm could have on a trip the end of June. The ladies in my family are going to London and Paris...4 days after my niece graduates. We obviously don't have time for them to tack a week on to the school calendar, especially since they're already having to make up everything they missed with Sandy!:eek:

The Blizzard of '78 is the reason the date on my high school diploma is a full week earlier than the actual event.:rolleyes:

We're starting to get worried about the effect this storm could have on a trip the end of June. The ladies in my family are going to London and Paris...4 days after my niece graduates. We obviously don't have time for them to tack a week on to the school calendar, especially since they're already having to make up everything they missed with Sandy!:eek:

Just get someone to bring a laptop to the graduation and you can be there via Skype!

Good luck to you. I hope it all works out ok with not too much stress.

Thanks, I am taking it in stride. I am a believer that vacation starts when you leave your house, so a couple of beer and and book are the two items on my Toronto Airport Cruise Compass for today! That being said.... I hope i'm in FLA before this time tomorrow!

RCCL has this update now.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do?pagename=important_updates

I hope that all of those traveling during the storm have a safe trip.

If NYC gets snowed in, what happens to the people who are getting off the cruise ship? I would think the hotels are pretty booked up.

Our local airport in Syracuse took the initiative to close at 3;00 today, and re-open on Sunday morning. I found out last night that my flight was cancelled. They had two seats for one flight on Sunday morning, which were taken by the time I told the rep we wanted them. We are now driving to Rochester (about 1 1/2 hours away) tomorrow and flying from there.

The storm is expected to be over with in the wee hours here, and a few hours earlier in Rochester. Since Rochester is still on track, our fingers are crossed.

I keep wishing Jet Blue had sent me notice of the cancellation, so that I could have called even sooner to try to reschedule. My fingers are crossed! 8 inches really isn't much for us.

jobowl & laurspag and all who are traveling,

Wishing you the best in trying to get to your cruise.

laurspag,

If you have never left from Rochester, the air port is small. But can get crowded in the AM. There are lots of hotels along 390 ( by air port) and Ridge Road (in Greece), if you should need one.

Got a 7:45 am flight this Sunday out of Newark--crossing my fingers that it will not affect us.:cool:

How is the snow now? I lived in Staten Island for 45 years. I have family there and they will not get home from work until late.

How is the snow now? I lived in Staten Island for 45 years. I have family there and they will not get home from work until late.

So far, not so much. It's just now turned to snow and the expectation is from 6-10 inches. My guess is 6 as we are some 20 minutes for the Rock.

Confession time: I smelled my sunblock last week. You know.....to get in the mood ;) ' Just sayin'

Confession: I use my sunblock year round not for the reason I should... Just for the smell of it :)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Confession: I use my sunblock year round not for the reason I should... Just for the smell of it :)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

I totally respect that - I put a dab on my arm and sniff it all day at the office :rolleyes: Hmmm....sniffing sunblock......that's a new one :o:p

Archived