Anyone's cruise affected by this snow storm coming?

We leave on the Explorer from Bayonne, NJ on Sunday. We live about 1 1/2 hours from the port and will be taking the bus to the pier. Where we live they are predicting 3" to 8" of snow, but I figure that by Sunday the major roads (I-78) will be clear. Funny thing is that our last cruise was the Hurricane Sandy cruise from Bayonne!

I fly into San Juan from Philly on Saturday morning. I am hoping that the weather doesn't delay the plane, but the ship (Adv of the Seas) doesn't leave until Sunday night, so we should be fine even if there is a delay. Hoping all goes well!

We leave on the Explorer from Bayonne, NJ on Sunday. We live about 1 1/2 hours from the port and will be taking the bus to the pier. Where we live they are predicting 3" to 8" of snow, but I figure that by Sunday the major roads (I-78) will be clear. Funny thing is that our last cruise was the Hurricane Sandy cruise from Bayonne!

LOL--tell us the next time you book a cruise. We will pick another time.:eek::rolleyes::p

I fly into San Juan from Philly on Saturday morning. I am hoping that the weather doesn't delay the plane, but the ship (Adv of the Seas) doesn't leave until Sunday night, so we should be fine even if there is a delay. Hoping all goes well!

Last report I saw said 1 - 3 inches late Friday for Philly. Lot's of northeast area flights being cancelled but I would think (hope) on Saturday Philly would be OK. The bigger problem might be if your flight is cancelled from somewhere out of the northeast the night before and doesn't reach Philly for an AM departure. Good luck - hope you're not affected - and with the late Sunday sailing hopefully you have some cushion.

Also leaving on Explorer on Sunday out of Bayonne.....maybe. Trying to get there from Chicago....STANDBY, as airline employees. Oh well. If the trains are running, IF, we may fly to PHL and take the train. We'll just wait and see. We also were sailing out of Bayonne on Nov 2, after Hurricane Sandy. RCCL let us change cruises at the last minute to the Oasis. I think we're done with Bayonne! LOL

Peter

From CNN:

Nearly 3,000 flights were canceled in anticipation of the storm as emergency crews geared up for inclement weather, most of which was expected late Friday into Saturday.

Good luck all.

Also leaving on Explorer on Sunday out of Bayonne.....maybe. Trying to get there from Chicago....STANDBY, as airline employees. Oh well. If the trains are running, IF, we may fly to PHL and take the train. We'll just wait and see. We also were sailing out of Bayonne on Nov 2, after Hurricane Sandy. RCCL let us change cruises at the last minute to the Oasis. I think we're done with Bayonne! LOL

Peter

DC would also be a good alternative to get a train to New York. We are not expecting much of anything. Good luck!!!!!!!

DC would also be a good alternative to get a train to New York. We are not expecting much of anything. Good luck!!!!!!!

We aren't, but NY/NE is. The trains will cancel if they can't get far enough north. Just because DC is open, doesn't mean the tracks north of Philly are.

Peter

Also an airline employee. Cruising Sunday out of Port Canaveral. We bought tickets CLE-MCO. Couldn't take the chance with standby.

Just wondered if anyone's supposed to be heading out this weekend for cruises...first thing I thought of while listening to all the dramatic reports. Anyone flying out early? Hope everyone gets to the port safely.

That would be me.

I was flying out this coming Sat and boarding the ship on Sun. Had to reschedule my flight to today. Thankfully I can work remotely tomorrow (indeed the whole office is) and the airline waved the change fee.

So right now I am staying with my best friend in Miami, reading CC, and happily waiting for the weekend.

I do hope all of you who might be affected get to your destination safely and timely.

Also an airline employee. Cruising Sunday out of Port Canaveral. We bought tickets CLE-MCO. Couldn't take the chance with standby.

Our saving grace is that we can take jumpseats, as we are both crewmembers. That has saved us several times over the years! LOL

Peter

Wish I was - then I wouldn't be dreading spending the weekend shoveling! Unfortunately it's not just "your" airport you have to worry about its where the plane is coming from... If a bunch of planes get stuck in Boston etc and can't get to PHL, DCA, BWI etc you're still up the creek... Hopefully the airlines get their planes out of the path so others totally out of the hit zone aren't affected!

Ill be popping my Orville Popcorn for the weekend and the how "I missed my cruise" and "I didn't have trip insurance and its everyone else's fault" threads on CC ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't, but NY/NE is. The trains will cancel if they can't get far enough north. Just because DC is open, doesn't mean the tracks north of Philly are.

Here in CT both Amtrack and Metronorth scedules have been changed. If I had a cruise scheduled to depart this weekend, I would have already made it my business to have gotten to a hotel near the port today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in CT both Amtrack and Metronorth scedules have been changed. If I had a cruise scheduled to depart this weekend, I would have already made it my business to have gotten to a hotel near the port today.

x2. There's a major concern of not only canceled trains during the storm, but issues with clearing the predicted drifts from the tracks in time for the Monday commute.

Good luck!

I found out on the heels of Sandy that most trip insurance is crap. If the planes are flying anywhere within 24 hours - whether or not to your destination and whether or not you can get a seat - the trip cancellation won't pay. I hope this is useless information for anyone traveling this weekend. Good luck from snowy NYC.

Hi Susan,

I'll be on the ship with you on Sunday. Considering your track record with the weather could you let me know the next time you book a cruise so I can avoid it..LOL!!

See you Sunday....warm weather awaits!

Archived