Anyone's cruise affected by this snow storm coming?

I think so too......time to call Ocean Boy :D

Good idea, except I think he's going to be busy shoveling snow for a while.

Hope you have a great 2 weeks on AD. Any chance of checking in live once in a while?

Good idea, except I think he's going to be busy shoveling snow for a while.

Hope you have a great 2 weeks on AD. Any chance of checking in live once in a while?

Bob, definitely. I would really like to do a proper Live report, but I can't guarantee how often I would check in, and I don't want to keep people waiting for updates and replies :rolleyes: I'll start a thread and I will check it probably once a day.....so I will still try and answer questions as best I can.

I'm really excited to get back on my ship after a one year hiatus!!!

The "superstorm" was pretty much a non-event here in SW Lehigh County, PA. We were in the 6"-10" in area, but here at my house I think we've got about 1 1/2 inches. Certainly no big deal for us, but I hope those coming to Bayonne from the North are safe and able to travel. Our sister in Maine got about 15".

My sister and her family are supposed to go on carnival, leaving today.

we [Toronto, ON] got hit thursday with snow and it didnt stop till this morning. 25 inches.. -.-

i hope she made it on her flight.. i could never book a flight in winter, too risky..

Well, the storm has finally blown away. We had about 15 inches in the driveway and I can't even estimate what the snowplow left at the end of the driveway. No power or or heat since last night so after digging out, and then digging my parents out, we moved in with them. Fortunately all they lost was their cable TV. It is great to have internet access here. I felt so cut off from the world without it! Hopefully, we can move back home soon and I can start concentrating on our cruise which is now 21 says away.

I hope folks made it, or are making it, to their cruises ok.

Well, the storm has finally blown away. We had about 15 inches in the driveway and I can't even estimate what the snowplow left at the end of the driveway. No power or or heat since last night so after digging out, and then digging my parents out, we moved in with them. Fortunately all they lost was their cable TV. It is great to have internet access here. I felt so cut off from the world without it! Hopefully, we can move back home soon and I can start concentrating on our cruise which is now 21 says away.

OB,

We're under somewhere between 25 - 30 in the northwest section but we got power. Apparently we got more snow and less wind. Good luck to you. Had to dig out the neighbors because their coming back from Florida this week. :rolleyes: They gonna' owe me big this year.

Not fun! Glad you and your fam are okay though, and that the storm is gone.

We made it to New Jersey! We had to fly Chicago-Philadelphia, then take Amtrak to Newark, but we made it. So, tomorrow, Explorer here we come for a cold cold sailaway! Perhaps we'll rename her "Snowstorm of the Seas!" LOL

Peter

Glad to hear you made it!

We made it to New Jersey! We had to fly Chicago-Philadelphia, then take Amtrak to Newark, but we made it. So, tomorrow, Explorer here we come for a cold cold sailaway! Perhaps we'll rename her "Snowstorm of the Seas!" LOL

Peter

Peter, I like your name...you should patent that: "Snowstorm of the Seas"

Glad you made it, have a great cruise :)

Peter

That is great. I know it was a stressful day. This will make a good story in future years.:p

We are on the Explorer heading back on a very bumpy ride to Bayonne. The Captain announced we would be arriving 45 minutes late 02/10/2013.

Enjoy your cruise...

Peter

Glad you made it! Did you see the above post saying the ship is coming in a little late?

Glad you made it through the storm OK. Hopefully the utilities will be restored soon.

And if I couldn't arrange that then I'd be camping out in front of the terminal tonight.

How did it go at your house? Uncle and Aunt did ok in Westerly no report from parents beach house though. Glad we cruise from Galveston where only fog is an issue this time of year.

Archived