Ok Enough is Enough.....

wrigley80

I have a very specific routine: DOD, second breakfast, second half of DW first DOD, take stuff to cabin to free up hands to refill DOD, wardrobe change, back to lido for aforementioned refill and a bacon burger dog, first bucket of beer and back to the room where the beer bucket and I await the muster drill by watching the ant farm on the dock if I am dockside or if I am not dockside, doing my best to encourage flashing by young ladies on passing pleasure boats while DW unpacks. Although she is much better at getting the girls to flash than I am:rolleyes:.

Next, don life jacket upside down and backwards, making sure to let the straps dangle. Set down my next DOD on DW life jacket as it makes a handy table so I can light my cigar. Wear empty beer bucket as crash helmet far added protection as I head up the stairs to the boat deck trying to play the whistle song on the life jacket whistle. Get to the boat deck, place dink back on my portable cocktail table, hand cigar to neighbor so I can get the cutest crew lady to help me buckle my straps. Stand in the back during drill so I can check voicemail and take pics.

Only been on one so far. But first thing we did was run all the way back off the ship in search of a phone that got lost in screening.

Then I scored the DOD! And had the ONLY bad food I had the whole cruise. It was this orange gelatinous cube they were passing out that tasted LIKE FISH! I never figured out what the heck that was :-)

Got rail paint on my new pants.

Found our cabin, survived the boredom of muster and then I believe we hit the Serenity deck prolly the moment they opened it - before anyone else discovered it and those hot tubs. And toasted the retreating wake...

It was an amazing sailaway.

THANK YOU for starting this thread. Too bad we don't have an "ignore user" tool on board. Oh yeah we do! Just find someplace to go :=) No one is going to spoil my holiday!

You're so welcome. I leave on the Carnival Freedom in 17 days. I was so tired of listening to all the complaining and speculating stories.

People watching is my favorite thing to do on a cruise ship. Find a nice quiet corner and just sit. Sit, listen and watch. You know they say kids say the "dam----" things. Well just listen on a cruise ship. You wil be wetting your pants laughing.

I cruise with my Dad and he would be perfectly content to sit all day on the Serenity deck, along Promenade, and in the Atrium and people watch all day. He always says you learn so much by watching people. It's probably why he likes to cruise so much. He can always find someone to talk to

Thank you SO much for starting this thread!!!! I am SO sick of reading all of the negative posts regarding the Triumph.:D:D Heading out on the Breeze in April, and the first thing I will do is get a Miami Vice and explore this beauty. Oh, and maybe a Guys burger, too!!!!:o

You are so welcome!!!! A Miami Vice is my drink of choice as well. I leave out on the Freedom in 17 days and I can't wait to relax out on the Serenity Deck

I have a very specific routine: DOD, second breakfast, second half of DW first DOD, take stuff to cabin to free up hands to refill DOD, wardrobe change, back to lido for aforementioned refill and a bacon burger dog, first bucket of beer and back to the room where the beer bucket and I await the muster drill by watching the ant farm on the dock if I am dockside or if I am not dockside, doing my best to encourage flashing by young ladies on passing pleasure boats while DW unpacks. Although she is much better at getting the girls to flash than I am:rolleyes:.

Next, don life jacket upside down and backwards, making sure to let the straps dangle. Set down my next DOD on DW life jacket as it makes a handy table so I can light my cigar. Wear empty beer bucket as crash helmet far added protection as I head up the stairs to the boat deck trying to play the whistle song on the life jacket whistle. Get to the boat deck, place dink back on my portable cocktail table, hand cigar to neighbor so I can get the cutest crew lady to help me buckle my straps. Stand in the back during drill so I can check voicemail and take pics.

And if you lit that cigar next to my wife you would be sleeping for 8 hours.;)

I cruise with my Dad and he would be perfectly content to sit all day on the Serenity deck, along Promenade, and in the Atrium and people watch all day. He always says you learn so much by watching people. It's probably why he likes to cruise so much. He can always find someone to talk to

In other words he's a peeping tom or a creeper , because on the triumph people watching would be watching people poop in a bag.

We like to get on the ship as soon as they let us on, then it's off to breakfast first. After we engorge ourselves with food, then we head to guest services and get our S&S card hole punch for our lanyards. Then, if needed, we'll visit the excursions desk to book any excursions we didn't have a chance to book or wasn't available online. We try to do one excursion at each port. Then we explore the ship until our cabin is ready. :)

I do everything you guys do, except I take my cruisecritic list of favorite/ secret hiding places and find them! what ever happened to the funnel deck:rolleyes:

Aaaahhh. I do miss the funnel deck. It is still there but on most of the 2.0 ships the slides got taller and now the tots waiting to ride the slide could see all the... Well oh we'll.

:o for the record. Don't smoke cigars. Just goofin. Well except for the beer bucket helmet thing

First we grab some lunch. Then we spend time exploring the ship--taking pictures of the various lounges and things before the ship gets into full cruise mode. That way, we know where the various lounges are before we need to go to them for events, and we know our way around the ship, and even where the forward observation deck is. If there's a door that doesn't say "crew only," "private," or that is unlocked, we're going through it to see where it goes.

Drop off the carry-ons at the cabin, head up to the Lido deck so I can hear the lady in the elevator say "Deck 10, LIDO". Eat lunch, then check out the entertainers, and band to see if there are any folks aboard I've sailed with before.

"SKY"

Well, when we get on our cruise in August (with the F2F, so we'll get on quickly...I hope) we will head to our cabins to drop off carry ons (if we have them...might not) and then head right to Lido for lunch (if no carry ons...we'll go right to Lido). Usually I get my 1st frozen drink (not a DOD as I have too many of those souvie cups already and I don't like the Funship drink) and have DH take pic of me with drink in hand to send to family and friends to rub it in (and say goodbye for a few days). DH usually has his 1st oil can beer...but he's not drinking anymore and so I'm not drinking anymore...not exactly sure how this cruise will go in August (our 1st cruise since he stopped drinking...last cruise we took was the last minute, due to Sandy, 2 day out of Baltimore in the fall). After lunch we will explore the ship. We will be cruising with DH's sister and her DH and DD...and it's their 1st CCL cruise (2nd cruise all together), so they will want to check things out. I then hope we'll be on deck for sail away since this will be our 1st cruise out of Miami.

Drop off the carry-ons at the cabin, head up to the Lido deck so I can hear the lady in the elevator say "Deck 10, LIDO". Eat lunch, then check out the entertainers, and band to see if there are any folks aboard I've sailed with before.

"SKY"

LOL! I love that voice Sky!

Archived