Dont't flame me, but new gratuities policy ?

JayneHL

I looked over the enormous thread already, but my question is. Our cruise begins on February 25, 2013 & ends on March 2, 2013. I received the email regarding the new policy. Will I have the automatic gratuities added for 2 days or the entire cruise? The policy states it wil be effective for sailings departing on or after March 1? If its effective March 1, why did I get the email? Anybody have an opinion? Again, I am not complaining, just confused.

I looked over the enormous thread already, but my question is. Our cruise begins on February 25, 2013 & ends on March 2, 2013. I received the email regarding the new policy. Will I have the automatic gratuities added for 2 days or the entire cruise? The policy states it wil be effective for sailings departing on or after March 1? If its effective March 1, why did I get the email? Anybody have an opinion? Again, I am not complaining, just confused.

I would not put much stock in the fact that you got an email from Royal. The policy says that it only applies to cruises leaving on or after March 1, so I'd expect that your cruise would not be affected. In any case, you can always visit Guest Services once you are onboard and ask them what they intend to do.

That email probably went out to everyone that currently has a cruise booked regardless of when it departs. The new policy will be in place on those sailings on or after March 1st.

I am cruising March 5th and have not received the email as yet. Good thing I monitor CC........;)

Gwen :)

We have 5 cabins booked for our next cruise (all with my email address as the contact) and have received one email regarding the new policy which is for the cabin that opted to do the pre-paid gratis. The other 4 cabins without haven't received a thing!

One good thing - there's $1200+ less cash we have to keep around (aka not spend) for 2 weeks lol

I received the email the other day. Two cruises booked for September. The way I understand it is if you pre-pay your gratuities you will not be charged for each days tips. If you have not pre paid your gratuities then you will have them applied each day to your onboard account.

I am cruising March 5th and have not received the email as yet. Good thing I monitor CC........;)

Gwen :)

I am sailing then as well and have not received the email either.

I did prepay my gratuities but I wouldn't think this would be the reason

There have been other emails I never received but thanks to CC I have kept up!

My mom got the email, she has no cruises booked, but sailed in Dec on Jewel. I got the email, have a March and Sept cruise booked, both with MTD so it doesn't really matter. I like to pre-pay, one less bill later and I get the credit card points before I cruise.

We are prior guests, have a cruise booked and are from the UK and I have not had the email yet. The only reason I can think that I haven't had it is that I have already opted to prepay my gratuities.

Emma

You will probably get pne idc. My gratuities are pre-paid and I got one :)

So perhaps was the person who sent you the e-mail.

I'm on a sailing departing on March 2 and I haven't received an e-mail about this (not that I doubt that this is true, it just that I have not received an e-mail about this).

So perhaps was the person who sent you the e-mail.

I'm on a sailing departing on March 2 and I haven't received an e-mail about this (not that I doubt that this is true, it just that I have not received an e-mail about this).

With 6.5 million C&A Members, I'm sure yours is on its way.:D

I don't think anyone here can answer your question, only speculate as the new policy is not even in effect yet. So, I would call rci speak to who ever to get your answer and have them also email the answer to you so you have it in writing to carry with you. I will bet the line at GS will be huge all week starting march 1st, not something you would want to deal with.

Archived