The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Yeah cause 15 beers would be like 120 bucks I think so twice what cheers would cost

I'm using 8.00 for each beer not sure if that's right as I don't drink beer!

Mmmmmm... I thought it was only $5.50 to $6.00 a beer. I must be living in the past again. LOL.

Hello,

Am I correct in saying that if you only drink beer the Cheer package is not for you. 15 beers is easy to drink in a day when you are on vacation. Are there any just beer drinkers out there and do you get the package? Thanks,

Dan :)

15 beers may be easy to drink in a day while on vacation, but I personally could not drink 15 beers a day for fourteen days straight. For me, Cheers wouldn't be worth it on this long of a cruise, but like I said, that's ME.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

15 beers may be easy to drink in a day while on vacation, but I personally could not drink 15 beers a day for fourteen days straight. For me, Cheers wouldn't be worth it on this long of a cruise, but like I said, that's ME.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I agree a 7day is as long as I go to get the package.

QUESTION: Are tips and Taxes included

A: TIPs are included. TAXES while in US waters (IE embarkement day, key west stops, etc) Will be added onto your S&S Account. The package itself is NOT taxed, you will only pay tax on individual drinks in US waters regardless of when you buy the program.

Tips are NOT included in the cost of the Cheers program. A 15% gratuity is added to the program. Perhaps the original poster meant to say that the gratuities are Pre-paid and therefore, you don't have to concern yourself with them like you do when you pay for your drinks on your SAS card.

Is it possible to purchase cruise cash, the bar ones, AND cheers....then use the cruise cash if/when your 15 drink limit has been reached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope, if you've already reached your limit with Cheers you cannot purchase any more no matter how you pay for it with your S&S card.

nope, if you've already reached your limit with Cheers you cannot purchase any more no matter how you pay for it with your S&S card.

Actually I think you can as long as you use it before you hit you 15th Cheers drink. Use them after drink 14!

From all that I have read online. Once you have reached the 15 drink limit the bartender can sell you more drinks if you have not reached your alcohol limit. Meaning if your not inebriated. If you are drunk you will not be able to purchase more.

Also if the bartender determines you have reached your alcohol limit before you reach the 15 drink limit you will be cutoff. Also you will be kicked out of the cheers program and the remaining balance will be refunded to your account

From all that I have read online. Once you have reached the 15 drink limit the bartender can sell you more drinks if you have not reached your alcohol limit. Meaning if your not inebriated. If you are drunk you will not be able to purchase more.

Also if the bartender determines you have reached your alcohol limit before you reach the 15 drink limit you will be cutoff. Also you will be kicked out of the cheers program and the remaining balance will be refunded to your account

This is how it worked in the beginning, but now you are cut off after 15 drinks in the program. You won't have the option to purchase any more drinks after you reach the limit. In my experience, you can purchase drinks at full price for a "friend" before you hit 15 and it will not count towards your total.

Edited by nhslb46

Ugh.

Carnival is killing me with these rules. Not so much the drink limit, but the "everyone in the cabin has to buy the same package" crap. My wife doesn't drink alcohol - all she drinks on board is bottled water and specialty coffees. So, for me to enjoy the package, I have to buy two of them and then buy all her drinks a la carte as well (albeit with a 25% discount on some of them !)

I suppose if I choose to sail CCL, I can buy my own adult beverages a la carte, but I really enjoy buying a package ahead of time and not having to think about cost if I want a snifter of Grand Marnier after dinner or a Bloody Mary in the morning. It's a shame that Carnival is so untrusting of its passengers that they feel the need to apply this policy. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity both trust me not to buy drinks for the wife on the sly after spending $5,000 on a cruise vacation.

Sorry, just venting here. Found a ship and an itinerary I really liked on CCL, but this is probably going to push me back to Royal again.

Not purchasing the package specifically for this reason. We both love our specialty coffee's. I drink, she doesn't. Sailing on the Valor for the itinerary and ease of port access. If Celebrity had a similar itinerary we'd be on that ship enjoying their (ALL-INCLUSIVE, to a point) drink package's. Just venting as well. Maybe if the cruise lines would offer a tiered package they would sell more. But then again if you look at it from a business and bottom line point of view some lines just don't trust the guest's they say are the most important thing.

This is how it worked in the beginning, but now you are cut off after 15 drinks in the program. You won't have the option to purchase any more drinks after you reach the limit. In my experience, you can purchase drinks at full price for a "friend" before you hit 15 and it will not count towards your total.

You are absolutely correct. I just called and asked.

I think I'm starting to understand the cheers program.

My husband is a drinker and I am not. We probably will buy the program (for both of us as required) and I will have a couple of drinks occasionally.

Now I know you can only get one drink at a time with a certain amount of time in between drinks. Is this for alcohol only? If I have cheers I get unlimited soda, correct? So could I get a soda AND an alcoholic beverage at the same time? The only way I figure I'll be able to drink is if I have a few sips of an alcoholic beverage then some soda and repeat.

If I were to do the martini tasting will it count against my Cheers package? Or is that a loophole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you have not reached drink 15, you can do the tasting, but you will be charged for it and it will not count against your program. You could always order four full size versions and then have them count against your 15.

I think I'm starting to understand the cheers program.

My husband is a drinker and I am not. We probably will buy the program (for both of us as required) and I will have a couple of drinks occasionally.

Now I know you can only get one drink at a time with a certain amount of time in between drinks. Is this for alcohol only? If I have cheers I get unlimited soda, correct? So could I get a soda AND an alcoholic beverage at the same time? The only way I figure I'll be able to drink is if I have a few sips of an alcoholic beverage then some soda and repeat.

You can not order a soda and an alcoholic beverage at the same time because of the 5 minute rule. But, once you get to know a bartender they will hook you up. You can have unlimited soda and juice with the program and enjoy am occasional alcoholic drink. If you give the bartender 2 cards, meaning yours and your DH, then you can get two drinks at once, alcoholic or not. You do not have to have a few sips of an alcoholic drink in order to enjoy soda or juice.

Edited by SNJCruisers

Quick questions (that have probably been answered previously), if it's still relatively early and I realize that I am on drink 12 and know i'll have more than 3 that night. Can I start having drinks charged to my room to avoid the drink limit? Conversely, if I'm no where near limit and ready for bed can i order several unopened to take to room? Also, will bartenders tell you how many drinks you have used that day? Finally, if I purchase a discounted beverage (bottle of wine), will that count against my 15, and are you allowed to get two drinks at a time if you have your spouses card also?

Quick questions (that have probably been answered previously), if it's still relatively early and I realize that I am on drink 12 and know i'll have more than 3 that night. Can I start having drinks charged to my room to avoid the drink limit? Conversely, if I'm no where near limit and ready for bed can i order several unopened to take to room? Also, will bartenders tell you how many drinks you have used that day? Finally, if I purchase a discounted beverage (bottle of wine), will that count against my 15, and are you allowed to get two drinks at a time if you have your spouses card also?

To your first question, yes, but you usually have to "buy it for a friend". This is where getting to know your bartender comes in handy.

Not sure on the second. I don't think they'll give you unopened beers, but maybe.

No the last. I've personally done this to avoid the limit.

Quick questions (that have probably been answered previously), if it's still relatively early and I realize that I am on drink 12 and know i'll have more than 3 that night. Can I start having drinks charged to my room to avoid the drink limit? There is no such thing as charged to your room. Everything goes on your sail n sign card and you can buy drinks for friends. Conversely, if I'm no where near limit and ready for bed can i order several unopened to take to room?Yes, I have done that previously on the Freedom last January and took unopened beers that I obtained the previous night ashore to Margaritaville on Grand Turk. Also, will bartenders tell you how many drinks you have used that day?Yes Finally, if I purchase a discounted beverage (bottle of wine), will that count against my 15,No and are you allowed to get two drinks at a time if you have your spouses card also?Yes
Answers above

yes, you can purchase before you reach your limit

yes, in a way. you have to wait 5 mins between drinks, but they will give them to you unopened.

no the wine is not charged toward your 15 drink limit

yes you can get a drink for you and your spouse if you have his/her card with you. my hubby does it for me all the time!