Letter from Gerry Cahill

PittsburghGirlee

this is what was said "as an opinion" by the OP. Opinion does not constitute "fact" as many of us try to point out when we personally post an OPINION. I don't think the OP really has anyway of knowing who this letter was actually sent or emailed to. So those with their panties in a twist because they didn't get a letter better rethink the source of the initial statement.

Please...please...please....if you are going to use the QUOTE, make sure you include my updated post that stated 'MINE SAID TO ALL PAST GUESTS"... Sorry for assuming that meant every person that has ever cruised before..Oh wait, THAT IS A PAST GUEST:rolleyes:

I keep fogetting that every word that you post on these boards are analyzed and tore apart to make the poster feel like...crap. Most of the time anyhow...

I just posted a letter that I felt was a very nice gesture and also well written. In the future, MAYBE .... I will just post what is sent and not any personal verbiage, or MAYBE I won't post at all, or MAYBE I will just starting telling the NASTIES to :D"BUGGER OFF":D

Please...please...please....if you are going to use the QUOTE, make sure you include my updated post that stated 'MINE SAID TO ALL PAST GUESTS"... Sorry for assuming that meant every person that has ever cruised before..Oh wait, THAT IS A PAST GUEST:rolleyes:

I keep fogetting that every word that you post on these boards are analyzed and tore apart to make the poster feel like...crap. Most of the time anyhow...

I just posted a letter that I felt was a very nice gesture and also well written. In the future, MAYBE .... I will just post what is sent and not any personal verbiage, or MAYBE I won't post at all, or MAYBE I will just starting telling the NASTIES to :D"BUGGER OFF":D

Try to ignore the nastiness, OP. I think we were all on the same page, here - just tossing around harmless conjecture as to who got the letter and who might get the letter, and when that might be, etc., in a light-hearted, non-panty-twisting way. Well, all of us except for one.:rolleyes:

The fact of the letter being sent is interesting and I think it was nice of you to post it so that even those who didn't receive it can read it.

Also, to everyone who didn't get it and want to get future emails from Carnival (hope this helps:)), this is at the bottom of the letter email:

Guarantee our messages always go straight to your inbox.

Add funships@carnivalfunmail.com to your Address Book or Safe List.

I believe it went out to everyone who ever cruised..

February 18, 2013

Dear Carnival Past Guest,

We realize many of you have been following last week's events on the Carnival Triumph and I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with some information. Additionally, I wanted to thank many of you who have taken the time to write to me personally to express your support.

Let me begin by saying that all of us at Carnival deeply regret the hardship our guests had to face during their days on board the ship. Our number one concern was to ensure the safety and welfare of our guests and crew and to get them home as soon as possible. Our shipboard and shore side teams worked tirelessly to take care of them and minimize their discomfort and inconvenience. We also focused on making sure their loved ones had a direct link to our Family Support Center where they could obtain round the clock information on their family and friends on board.

Now that all the guests are safely home, our efforts are firmly focused on the ongoing investigation into the root cause of the fire and what measures we can take to ensure this does not happen again. These efforts are taking place in collaboration with the U.S. Coast Guard, the National Transportation Safety Board, the Bahamian Flag Authority and other independent parties. We know, however, that preliminary investigations indicate the cause of the fire was the result of a leak in the fuel return line for the number 6 diesel generator.

The safety and security of our guests remains of the utmost importance to all of us here at Carnival. All our ships are safe and secure. All of them meet, and in many areas exceed, all regulatory standards. I promise we will continue to investigate in order to understand what took place and to learn what steps we can take to improve going forward.

During the past week, so many of you have written letters, emailed, posted on Facebook or tweeted to show your support for all of us here at Carnival during this difficult time. Your thoughtful comments and words of support are so greatly appreciated. Thank you. It has really meant a lot to us.

We know you can choose from a vast variety of vacation options and that you expect a fantastic vacation from us. We are very sorry that this time we did not deliver. I want to personally acknowledge how much we appreciate and value that you have chosen to spend your vacation time with us at Carnival in the past. We hope you will continue to do so in the future and are committed to doing everything we can to provide you with a fun and memorable vacation experience.

Thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,

Gerry Cahill

President and CEO

Carnival Cruise Lines

Well Gerry, those passengers on the Carnival Triumph weren't the only ones not having a "Fantastic Vacation" with you folks. You need to fix your entire Cruise Line, top to bottom.

We received the letter, and since we were on the Triumph "incident" we also got a call this morning from Carnival Customer Support Center to ask if we had any questions or concerns and to make sure we arrived home safely. Also have received a call from our fantastic cruise consultant Jose who I have booked several cruises with. Jose was so concerned and thoughtful. No problem here with the intentions of the letter and with the manner in which Carnival has reached out to us and tried to make it right during the entire ordeal. Not a blind cheerleader, but stuff happens and we're okay with it.

We received the letter, and since we were on the Triumph "incident" we also got a call this morning from Carnival Customer Support Center to ask if we had any questions or concerns and to make sure we arrived home safely. Also have received a call from our fantastic cruise consultant Jose who I have booked several cruises with. Jose was so concerned and thoughtful. No problem here with the intentions of the letter and with the manner in which Carnival has reached out to us and tried to make it right during the entire ordeal. Not a blind cheerleader, but stuff happens and we're okay with it.

Nice attitude. ;)

You have a good attitude.

I'm not sure this would fall into a "stuff happens" category for me considering that there was several inclinations that the ship NEEDED to be fixed. But to each their own.

You have a good attitude.

I'm not sure this would fall into a "stuff happens" category for me considering that there was several inclinations that the ship NEEDED to be fixed. But to each their own.

So you're 100% sure they should have known that fuel line world ld break?

Sent using my Commodore 64

Use your free cruise on the Splendor out of NYC on 3/31. My family would love to cruise with you. :)

Sent using my Commodore 64

It's a nice letter and I know it doesn't take lots of effort to send anything by email... But I believe Carnival truly does care about the guests and our feelings. I know, we pay the bills with our bookings and cruises, but it's their reputation that keeps us coming back!!!

Great post! Thanks for letting us know how they treated you! :)

It's a nice letter and I know it doesn't take lots of effort to send anything by email... But I believe Carnival truly does care about the guests and our feelings. I know, we pay the bills with our bookings and cruises, but it's their reputation that keeps us coming back!!!

Agree totally with you Lambie. We got the letter/email today also and it was a nice touch even though we were not directly involved.

My husband and I received the email. We haven't posted or stated anything negative. In fact have been impressed with several of the people who were on the ship and haven't totally freaked out. Can't say the same for the others. From the majority of what I've read I've been impressed with the way the accident was handled by Carnival and the crew! Just like reviews the statements have to be taken a grain of salt, or in some cases a gallon. We also have a future cruise booked.

If Cahill wants to help the company, the only thing he should be writing is his resignation.

CCL has suffered under his miserly regime and is nearly unrecognizable from the company he inherited from Uncle Bob. Its time for a new administration that cares more about keeping customers happy than cost cutting.

4 Platinums in my family - we all cruised together (2 cabins, separate bookings) in Dec. We have 4 separate e-mail accounts. No letter for any of us!! (not spammed, either) 2 of us are booked for a March cruise, 2 have no future cruise booked yet. No rhyme or reason on how the letters were sent, it seems!

Archived