Labadee

Easy enough to find a beach and some lounge chairs and just relax. You can always book excursions, the zip line (loads of fun), the roller coaster and various other pay-as-you go activities. My husband and I just like to sun at the beach, go to the buffet and relax in the sun some more.

Is there any need to book anything when going to Labadee or is it just a great day just going ashore? Most private cruise beaches have been our favorite stops. So relaxing.

About the only thing you should pre-book is the zip line, boat excursions or jet skis if you want to do them. Otherwise, no need. Even the roller coaster can be booked right there.

Easy enough to find a beach and some lounge chairs and just relax. You can always book excursions, the zip line (loads of fun), the roller coaster and various other pay-as-you go activities. My husband and I just like to sun at the beach, go to the buffet and relax in the sun some more.

We love the day at Labadee!

We're leaving for the Eastern Caribbean next week on EOS. So excited!!

This will be our first visit to Labadee and we booked the Sandbar Island Getaway. Has anyone ever been on this excursion? It sounds like a nice afternoon... a catamaran ride out to the location and the views of the Island are supposed to be stunning (which is good for me since I'm into outdoor photography).

We're leaving for the Eastern Caribbean next week on EOS. So excited!!

This will be our first visit to Labadee and we booked the Sandbar Island Getaway. Has anyone ever been on this excursion? It sounds like a nice afternoon... a catamaran ride out to the location and the views of the Island are supposed to be stunning (which is good for me since I'm into outdoor photography).

We have not done this ourselves, but here's a youtube video of what to expect from "Sandbar Island":

Eric

We have not done this ourselves, but here's a youtube video of what to expect from "Sandbar Island":

Eric

Thanks for the video. :)

It looks beautiful & seems like its going to be a fun afternoon. No dancing for me (I've got 2 left feet) but the beach looks gorgeous and it looks like I'll come away with some great pictures.

Has anyone done the Castaway at Malfini excursion?! Any feedback?!

Yes. But it was July 2010. Doubt a lot has changed.

Short boat ride. Pretty nice beach. Secluded. In a cove.

There is a restroom, but you have to climb some stairs.

You get a punch type drink on arrival.

Some fish to see under water, but not a lot. Water was clear but not ultra clean (seeweed, etc.). Lounge chairs included. Water mats also included. The locals sell some souvenirs at a table near the beach, but no one ever pushes this on you. Very quiet time since our trip was mainly couples.

The excursion gets you back in time for the ship provided lunch. Lets you off at the dock, which is real close to where they serve the food.

After lunch, there's plenty of time to do some of the other activities, but not all. Could do the dragon coaster, which we did. Did not do the zip line due to cost.

Are there clamshells you can rent to make sure you have some shade?

Clamshells are free at Labadee. They are first come, first serve. Just ask for one from the attendants setting up chairs. FYI, they do expect to be tipped for setting them up.

Clamshells are free at Labadee. They are first come, first serve. Just ask for one from the attendants setting up chairs. FYI, they do expect to be tipped for setting them up.

There is a lot of natural shade at Labadee.

Good to know. Thanks.

Labadee is actually a great place to SAVE money! It is such a beautiful place to just relax on the beach. No need for excursions or anything if your plan is to relax...shade and loungers are plentiful! Several lovely places to lounge, swim, etc.

Wish that they would do an itinerary with two days at Labadee!!!

Two tips for Labadee...

- Don't leave your stuff laying in your chair while you swim/explore. Consider getting one of those water boxes (around your neck) for your money/seapass/camera/cell phone and keep it on you!

-If you plan to shop, bring lots of singles. Some locals have a time tough time making change and may not have the correct amount.

Archived