Art classes on Marina no more?

2kiwis

Lyn, we know it wasnt management..LOL

Jancruz1

Given these comments and your hotline to "the boss" I rather not say as I certainly don't want to get any Oceania employee in trouble.

I am being clear also ..I spoke to Frank Delrio and he gave me the information yesterday ..if he is incorrect, that would amaze me since he sets policy..

Jancruz1

Well that settles it then . . . . we can all be happy that the classes are continuing.

By the way what I was trying to "be clear about" was that art auctions have not yet started on Marina. - well not for the last 28 days anyway.

The art classes to continue,

I hate the art auctions....the question is just how many original Rembrant, Picasso, Max, and Van Gough are there?... (as there seems a neverending supply "original works" )

The Louvre must have several bare rooms by now

LOL

I have to agree with you - I hate the art auctions and was so pleased when they stopped. Can't believe they are back . . . . !!

Hi All: Thinking about the April 2014 Islands & Incas. Would be our first time on Marina or Oceania. One reason we wanted to try Marina was because of the Art classes. When someone absolutely knows whether the Art will be given next April 2014, please let us know. Also, any feedback about this cruise woud be appreciated, thanks

Hi All: Thinking about the April 2014 Islands & Incas. Would be our first time on Marina or Oceania. One reason we wanted to try Marina was because of the Art classes. When someone absolutely knows whether the Art will be given next April 2014, please let us know. Also, any feedback about this cruise woud be appreciated, thanks

It has already been confirmed that the rumor of the Art Class cancellations was a false alarm.

6a0120a92e343a970b01676499b9d0970b-800wi

The CEO of Oceania has reassured us that they definitely ARE continuing (see Posts 5, 17 and 22 in this thread).

Happily, it looks like you'll have plenty of Sea Days to enjoy them!

map-lg-MNA140419.jpg Have a great Cruise!

Just got off Marina. Although hubby was looking forward to Artist LOFT he never did attend since the classes appeared to be more like craft projects than art classes. Perhaps he missed out due to the descriptions in the current.

Sorry to hear art auctions are back, I understand with the high food cost that need to look for all opportunities to generate revenue, but ..........

Just got off Marina. Although hubby was looking forward to Artist LOFT he never did attend since the classes appeared to be more like craft projects than art classes. Perhaps he missed out due to the descriptions in the current.

Sorry to hear art auctions are back, I understand with the high food cost that need to look for all opportunities to generate revenue, but ..........

So sorry to hear about the so-called art classes. My husband is a painter and would have loved painting with others.

Also am disappointed that the auctions are back.:(

On our one Marina cruise to date we didn't partake of the "art" offerings (nor the cooking classes) because we only had one sea day and lots of tours.

But I wouldn't assume that all painting classes are gone. That may depend on who has been hired for a cruise, just as with the lecturers.

Probably we cannot predict what will be available on any individual cruise.

I always wait until we board to see what is available. The two upcoming cruises we have booked are both transatlantics on Marina so I would assume there will be more offerings for us.

(And I would prefer the craft-y kind of things anyway. But that's me.)

Mura

On our one Marina cruise to date we didn't partake of the "art" offerings (nor the cooking classes) because we only had one sea day and lots of tours.

But I wouldn't assume that all painting classes are gone. That may depend on who has been hired for a cruise, just as with the lecturers.

Probably we cannot predict what will be available on any individual cruise.

I always wait until we board to see what is available. The two upcoming cruises we have booked are both transatlantics on Marina so I would assume there will be more offerings for us.

(And I would prefer the craft-y kind of things anyway. But that's me.)

Mura

We will await with interest to hear what kind of art classes they are offering

Art classes were being held on the Marina still when I got off March 13th. Artist was leaving the ship, but said someone else was coming on board for the next cruise. Thankful there was no art auction as I loathe them. There was one picture on the 5th floor that was commented by several passengers. There was a large ship anchored in a sling shot as if it was ready to be shot into the city. No one could quite make sense of the picture but it did make for lots of conversation.

Art classes were being held on the Marina still when I got off March 13th. Artist was leaving the ship, but said someone else was coming on board for the next cruise. Thankful there was no art auction as I loathe them. There was one picture on the 5th floor that was commented by several passengers. There was a large ship anchored in a sling shot as if it was ready to be shot into the city. No one could quite make sense of the picture but it did make for lots of conversation.

Great to know that the art classes are still going .

So pleased to hear there are no art auctions on board - as yet!!!

Archived