Art classes on Marina no more?

2kiwis

Rumor has it that Oceania are ceasing the art classes on Marina when the ship gets to Sydney next month, and that art auctions are returning.

If this is the case I am really disappointed as the art classes were a real highlight on days at sea.

I was so pleased when the art auctions were stopped and am really surprised to hear that they are coming back

.:confused:

The art auctions have been back for a couple of months from recent reports

maybe they will but the art auction in the Loft area ;)

I am surprised if they do stop the classes in the Loft as I heard they were quite popular

Oh, I hope they will continue the art loft classes. It would be a real shame if they put the "art auction" in that space. From what I've read on CC most share my opinion that the art auctions are just a waste of space.

The art classes are such a great way to meet new people and get the opportunity to share ideas and fun.

Mr. Del Rio, are you out there listening? We'd like to know what is coming in this venue.

The art classes are one of the top reasons I book Oceaina and take longer cruises.

If they cut them out thats a deal breaker to me.:mad:.

. We like to take long 30+day cruises and find the art loft to be our favorite activity...its what sets Oceaina apart from the others,more than any other...

Okay, can someone tell me what kind of typical content these art classes have? Are they single classes or series?

It mostly depends on the skill-set of the Instructor(s) who are engaged for the cruise that you are sailing, but we have seen classes given in Watercolor and Oil painting, weaving of various sorts (think macramé) , Tee Shirt making, including and excluding tie die, photography (traditional and computer generated), and drawing in every imaginable medium.

Okay, can someone tell me what kind of typical content these art classes have? Are they single classes or series?

Our Marina cruise in 2011 had t-shirt painting, photography & craft making

Not sure what else they offer

I think it may vary depending on the person doing the classes

You can stop worrying..art classes will continue..

Jancruz1

Well let's hope this is correct but having just got off Marina were were told on board that art classes were finishing in Sydney and the art auction was returning.

We were also told that the art classes were continuing on the Riveria at the moment, so guess time will tell.

The art auctions have been back for a couple of months from recent reports

maybe they will but the art auction in the Loft area ;)

I am surprised if they do stop the classes in the Loft as I heard they were quite popular

The art auctions are not on Marina at the moment - we have just completed 28 days on board and were told the art auctions were starting after Sydney next month ????

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing ...

Since we have two Marina TAs upcoming (Nov 2013 and May 2014) I'd really like to know the answer!

But I can wait ...

Mura

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing ...

Since we have two Marina TAs upcoming (Nov 2013 and May 2014) I'd really like to know the answer!

But I can wait ...

Mura

Well Marina is in Sydney in a couple of weeks so all will be revealed then I guess :)

Well let's hope this is correct but having just got off Marina were were told on board that art classes were finishing in Sydney and the art auction was returning.

We were also told that the art classes were continuing on the Riveria at the moment, so guess time will tell.

Was any indication given why the artist loft was not continuing to have classes?

So I guess all the ships do not have the art auctions at present by the sound of it

Reports from others said the new art auctions are more low key than the previous ones...as long as they do not have those annoying announcements and you are not tripping over the easels

It will not bother me

Lyn

I am quoting what the "boss"told me today art classes are not being discontinued..he also said there are art auctions on board and they are going to be continuing..

Jancruz1

I am quoting what the "boss"told me today art classes are not being discontinued..he also said there are art auctions on board and they are going to be continuing..

Jancruz1

Just to be clear - over the last 28 days while we were on board there were no art auctions on Marina.

The advice we were given (while on board) was that auctions would be starting when Marina reached Sydney in March, and at that time the art classes would cease.???

So we can only hope that maybe this is not the case and the art classes are going to be continued.

The art classes to continue,

I hate the art auctions....the question is just how many original Rembrant, Picasso, Max, and Van Gough are there?... (as there seems a neverending supply "original works" )

The Louvre must have several bare rooms by now

Just to be clear - over the last 28 days while we were on board there were no art auctions on Marina.

The advice we were given (while on board) was that auctions would be starting when Marina reached Sydney in March, and at that time the art classes would cease.???

So we can only hope that maybe this is not the case and the art classes are going to be continued.

I am being clear also ..I spoke to Frank Delrio and he gave me the information yesterday ..if he is incorrect, that would amaze me since he sets policy..

Jancruz1

ON board Riviera, where they have resumed the art auction, they were held in Horizon's. Although the loft could be used for storage, it is far too small to function as the venue for the sale.

Are they still holding the art classes?

We were told that they were???

Archived