All Things Adventure of the Seas

Does aos have flat screen tvs in the interior rooms? How big are the tvs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but I believe flat screens are only in JS and up. There is a bog BUT, though, in that I think that's part of the drydock upgrade for all rooms. The TVs weren't that big even in the JS...24 or so, maybe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Sailing in a few weeks :) question is: Will I be able to book a shore excursion from my stateroom tv when rooms are ready or will I have to do this at the excursion desk when we board? I want to use OBC that's why I'm not doing it in advance.

Thanks.

Hi first time on AOS sailing out of Southampton for Norway on 23rd May 2014. We are keen dancers and have had some good times with RCI before, are there any good places with good music for Latin/Ballroom dancing. If there are please let us know and if you are on the cruise come and get a free dance lesson. can't miss us my wife Carol with the bubbly blond hair and me Derek with the devastating good looks and modesty.:D

Sailing in a few weeks :) question is: Will I be able to book a shore excursion from my stateroom tv when rooms are ready or will I have to do this at the excursion desk when we board? I want to use OBC that's why I'm not doing it in advance.

Thanks.

You can definitely book shore excursions from your stateroom TV - the only consideration is if it is full already and may no longer be available. In that case, you will have to go to the desk to be put on a waiting list.

Edited by ckrobyn
spell check

I could be wrong but I believe flat screens are only in JS and up. There is a bog BUT, though, in that I think that's part of the drydock upgrade for all rooms. The TVs weren't that big even in the JS...24 or so, maybe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

The ship is having work done on it in April, one of the items on the list is fitting flat screen TVs in all cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Embarking in two weeks, 3/2/14. For those who may know....

Cruise Docs state 1:30 to board. Have read where some have gotten on as early as 11:30. Line starts forming even earlier. Is it best to be a part of the cruise ambiance starting early or say wait till say 2 or 3pm where one might just walk on?

First time in SJ. Arriving late Friday night, so have Saturday to see

old SJ and forts. Perhaps doing some sight seeing/beach Sunday morning.

Thanks

Cruise Docs state 1:30 to board. Have read where some have gotten on as early as 11:30. Line starts forming even earlier. Is it best to be a part of the cruise ambiance starting early or say wait till say 2 or 3pm where one might just walk on?

Thanks

Did this same cruise last year, we got to the port about 11:15-11:30, not much for lines, got to an agent and checked in right away. Had to sit for 15 minutes and then boarded. The rooms weren't ready til 2 I believe. Gave us time for lunch and an impromptu meet and mingle with a bunch of the CC roll call. Have a great cruise, we sure did. Love SJ

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks

We were on a B2B on Adventure a couple of weeks ago. Boarding was delayed a bit on the first cruise, so we sat inside the terminal after check-in for about 30 minutes before they started boarding about noon. The second cruise started boarding about 11:30am. So if you waited until about 1pm, you should have minimal lines.

People have been reporting that they are being confiscated. Maybe you will get it through but you are taking your chances.

Thanks! I did not know this. I saw posts about hair dryers but not power strips. Glad I found out as I hate to have to go retrieve my luggage :(

Can anyone help with some questions about the gym?

We are no fitness fanatics, but should we decide to have a go on a tread mill (or in my case elliptical trainer) is it a case of turn up, and if one is unoccupied to climb on and use it?

I'm aware they do some classes, like yoga and pilates. Are these included in the fare, or part of the additional revenue generation program?

We are no fitness fanatics, but should we decide to have a go on a tread mill (or in my case elliptical trainer) is it a case of turn up, and if one is unoccupied to climb on and use it?

I'm aware they do some classes, like yoga and pilates. Are these included in the fare, or part of the additional revenue generation program?

The equipment is simply take whatever is open. There are no reservations if that is what you are asking. Most of the classes I believe have additional charges. I don't do classes.

You can use most all of the equipment in the gym without reservations, just hop on and start using it. I believe the only equipment that they restricted to classes were the bikes for spinning.

Many of the classes are extra cost. There is usually one free class early every morning, but I cannot remember the type of class.

People have been reporting that they are being confiscated. Maybe you will get it through but you are taking your chances.

we used surged protector and had no problems...put it in your carry on and not your checked luggage. when your luggage is scanned to come onboard security agents can't tell whether it is a regular strip or a surge protector. We were in the naughty area as hubby left cork screw utility thing in outer pocket and they won't touch it until you come show them what it is. people had strips they were showing and some were surge and some were just regular extension style. Security said surge protector protects not just the guest but the crew. when the ship powers down in ports and switches to port usage, guests were complaining phones and cameras being damaged from surges.

we used surged protector and had no problems...put it in your carry on and not your checked luggage. when your luggage is scanned to come onboard security agents can't tell whether it is a regular strip or a surge protector. We were in the naughty area as hubby left cork screw utility thing in outer pocket and they won't touch it until you come show them what it is. people had strips they were showing and some were surge and some were just regular extension style. Security said surge protector protects not just the guest but the crew. when the ship powers down in ports and switches to port usage, guests were complaining phones and cameras being damaged from surges.

I tend to be very skeptical when it comes to RCI's consistancy on such matters. I love the product and the ship but I'm a bit jaded when it comes to RCI and policy issues.:rolleyes:

I tend to be very skeptical when it comes to RCI's consistancy on such matters. I love the product and the ship but I'm a bit jaded when it comes to RCI and policy issues.:rolleyes:

You....jaded????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did you hear what suite I will be in on Sunday? ;)

Thanks

We're on this cruise as well. We probably will be at there by 11:30; possibly a bit earlier. We've been in SJ several times before so we've done the sightseeing.

Have you signed up fir the Meet and Mingle or been to our cruises string? Lots of good info there.

They confuse me, too. I had no problem getting my surge protector onboard. The first port day I returned with half a bottle of water and was ready to throw it away. The guy at the scan said, "You can keep it. We're not the TSA" and they all laughed. The next port day, they made me throw it away. You just never know what they're going to do.

We're on this cruise as well. We probably will be at there by 11:30; possibly a bit earlier. We've been in SJ several times before so we've done the sightseeing.

Have you signed up fir the Meet and Mingle or been to our cruises string? Lots of good info there.

Yes, I signed up on the roll call last year and have been following it. Also jump on the ones prior to and after just for gleaning more info, lol

Not sure we will do the Meet and Greet however.

We are with another couple who we cruise with, so perhaps will board later in day. We were on AOS sister, Mariner, so may wait to board later since we have done the early embarkation before.

Thanks