All Things Adventure of the Seas

As for Adventure, according to diamond concierge, once she leaves Southampton later this year for San Juan, she won't be back in the near future as Explorer will take her place and Anthem will be based in Southampton.

Did they give you the impression that Adventure was going to be in San Juan year round?

Since we disembarked in May after the eastbound TA, I can say a lot more refurbishment appears to have taken place. Many more of the hallways have had new carpeting, it looks very much like to me that many of the seats in the theatre have been reupholstered as have the sofa and desk chair in our cabin. Ours friends cabin has definitely had new carpets.

On our May cruise, the aft section of the outdoor promenade was mostly blocked with rolls of carpet. We had to put up with stink of carpet glue at random spots in the ship throughout the cruise as they replaced carpet.

We had so much fun as a family doing the "glow" night activities and such on the Allure. Do they have these fun nights on Adventure of the Seas? So we can plan ahead of time and get the kids enthused. What kind of special events can we plan on?

Thanks, Bob for your reply. I guess I'll request, and see what happens.

As far as the loaded drinks on your sea pass card, is that 3 drinks a night or for the whole week?

Three drinks per night. The vouchers expire each night, so unused vouchers cannot be accumulated.

I'm sailing on Adventure from Southampton in October for the half term holidays. I've found most of the answers to my questions by reading on CC but I just have a small question about ordinary decaf tea bags! Do I need to bring my own or will they be on the ship? I presume that decaf coffee is freely available ? Thank you :)

I'm sailing on Adventure from Southampton in October for the half term holidays. I've found most of the answers to my questions by reading on CC but I just have a small question about ordinary decaf tea bags! Do I need to bring my own or will they be on the ship? I presume that decaf coffee is freely available ? Thank you :)

Decaf is usually available, but sometimes not. Supply of any particular variety is not dependable. I bring my own tea.

We had so much fun as a family doing the "glow" night activities and such on the Allure. Do they have these fun nights on Adventure of the Seas? So we can plan ahead of time and get the kids enthused. What kind of special events can we plan on?

Certainly when we were on board in April the Glow parties were held. They have dancing under the stars up on the pool deck once a week and the parade on the Promenade deck.

Usually a great assortment of teas including decaf in the promenade cafe, and available on request in the MDR.

I've been enjoying this thread, and the old, most of today...when I should be working. Thought it was time to stop lurking and to introduce myself.

My fiance and I will be sailing on AOS May 23 2015 for our honeymoon. We're complete newbs; first cruise, first *big* vacation alone. We're very excited, me a little too much as I can't seem to stop trying to find out more and more about AOS.

Can't wait for our two weeks in February on board this great ship!!!!

I usually bring my own favorite tea bags as well as it doesn't take up much space in the bags!

this will be my hubby's big 60 and surprising him with some family members coming along!

Can't believe we're going to miss you guys this year by a week.

I've been enjoying this thread, and the old, most of today...when I should be working. Thought it was time to stop lurking and to introduce myself.

My fiance and I will be sailing on AOS May 23 2015 for our honeymoon. We're complete newbs; first cruise, first *big* vacation alone. We're very excited, me a little too much as I can't seem to stop trying to find out more and more about AOS.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. We have been on Adventure several times and are sailing her again the end of March 2015 out of San Juan. We were just on AOS this past April. You will love the ship!

Can't wait for our two weeks in February on board this great ship!!!!

I usually bring my own favorite tea bags as well as it doesn't take up much space in the bags!

this will be my hubby's big 60 and surprising him with some family members coming along!

Adventure and its southern itineraries are sort of addicting!

Adventure and its southern itineraries are sort of addicting!

That is so true. We have been on the Adventure a couple of times now. We are looking forward to our Next Adventure in 2016 more than our Jewel cruise in 2015. That is sad. Any cruise is a good cruise.

Cathy

That is so true. We have been on the Adventure a couple of times now. We are looking forward to our Next Adventure in 2016 more than our Jewel cruise in 2015. That is sad. Any cruise is a good cruise.

Cathy

Well as for me, I enjoy the Radiance class ships but I would take a Voyager class ship over Radiance any day. So I understand where you are coming from!

Well as for me, I enjoy the Radiance class ships but I would take a Voyager class ship over Radiance any day. So I understand where you are coming from!

Hi,

I love hearing positive things about the Adventure (vs all those negative posts lately)....can you name, let's say three things you love about the AOS?

Hi,

I love hearing positive things about the Adventure (vs all those negative posts lately)....can you name, let's say three things you love about the AOS?

Outstanding level of service, ship design, itinerary.

Edited by clarea

Hi,

Outstanding level of service, ship design, itinerary.

That covers it quite nicely. The last time we were sailed Adventure we had just boarded and gone up to the Windjammer. As we were about to sit down I here someone say my name. I turn around and it was the waiter who had taken care of us the year before.

I love doing the rock wall. One of the guys on the staff was so cool. Everytime I'd show up at the wall he'd come over to me, knew my name, ask me what route I'd like to do. Let me do mutiple climbs.

So many little things, and some not so little, just make this ship special. And the Puerto Ricans who bring the flavor of their culture along with them add to what makes Adventure an amazing ship to sail on.