All Things Adventure of the Seas

Digital Wayfinders

Pervasive WiFi

LCD TV's in all staterooms

PS3's in full suites replacing DVD players

New oceanview cabins on deck 3 replacing the private dining rooms

New carpeting in hallways on most decks (saw more of this in August than when we sailed in April)

PS3?? as in Play Station? We are booked on an Owners suite for NYE and my son will love this. :):)

She only got a 'mini' revitalization in 2014. She is due for a more major refit in 2016 I understand.

For this last update as Bob said there was the replacement of Portofino with Giovanni's Table.

Diamond Club replaced 19th Hole in Viking Crown.

Outdoor Movie screen

New pool deck flooring

Digital Wayfinders

Pervasive WiFi

LCD TV's in all staterooms

PS3's in full suites replacing DVD players

New oceanview cabins on deck 3 replacing the private dining rooms

New carpeting in hallways on most decks (saw more of this in August than when we sailed in April)

I'm confused.....Private Dining Rooms? Where are/were those, I've never read anything about that or even that dining rooms were replaced during the last dry dock? :confused:

I'm confused.....Private Dining Rooms? Where are/were those, I've never read anything about that or even that dining rooms were replaced during the last dry dock? :confused:

There were some small dining areas on deck 3 that connected to the MDR. You could also enter them on deck 3 by going to the right or left of the main MDR entrance. They would often have the Diamond Breakfast set up in one of those.

There were some small dining areas on deck 3 that connected to the MDR. You could also enter them on deck 3 by going to the right or left of the main MDR entrance. They would often have the Diamond Breakfast set up in one of those.

I had absolutley no idea about that and i ve been on her twice already haha

I know someone did post a list, but I don't have it handy. They did very little. From what I can remember, she got the pool big screen, Giovanni's Table, Diamond lounge, and pervasive wireless.

Those rooms were a very quiet and peaceful way to have breakfast, I'll miss them.

Thanks! I knew about Giovanni's and pool screen. What is "pervasive wireless"?

So no "warm " diamond breakfast now since there is a DL?

Edited by skiiergirl

Thanks! I knew about Giovanni's and pool screen. What is "pervasive wireless"?

So no "warm " diamond breakfast now since there is a DL?

Pervasive wireless means wireless access all over the ship, including staterooms, as opposed to a few hot spots they had before.

It's up to the ship if they will still have a Diamond Breakafast. Our experience is that most ships discontinue the Diamond Breakfast once they get a dedicated DL. However, a few keep up the practice.

Edited by clarea

Pervasive wireless means wireless access all over the ship, including staterooms, as opposed to a few hot spots they had before.

It's up to the ship if they will still have a Diamond Breakafast. Our experience is that most ships discontinue the Diamond Breakfast once they get a dedicated DL. However, a few keep up the practice.

Thanks!

PS3?? as in Play Station? We are booked on an Owners suite for NYE and my son will love this. :):)

Yes, we had one in our GS and they asked to come in and rewire the connection as it hadn't been done properly during dry dock. They did it for all suites, easy update and then it worked. They are supposed to be games available from the CL concierge, but I can't confirm that as we didn't play any.

Edited by peteukmcr

The new staterooms are 3620 - 3628 (port side) and 3720 - 3728 (starboard).

Wondering if anyone has a southern caribbean cruise compass? Traveling on Adventures of Seas in April 2015, and would like idea of what to expect with most days being docked! This will be our third Royal Caribbean cruise, Freedom first, Oasis second. :)

Thanks

Wondering if anyone has a southern caribbean cruise compass? Traveling on Adventures of Seas in April 2015, and would like idea of what to expect with most days being docked! This will be our third Royal Caribbean cruise, Freedom first, Oasis second. :)

Thanks

Although it shouldn't change much since last season, you'll probably have to wait until she re-pos this winter back to San Juan.

Thanks

Any particular activities you are interested in? It varies a little based on cruise director but basically JW and AD have similar activities. The evening activities will basically be the same as any other cruise (unless you are on the Aruba run...that stays late). You just won't have as many bingo games or as many pool games / line dance classes as you do the itineraries with more seadays. If you will let us know which itinerary you are on and will remind me in late November, I will try to bring them back and post them for you in December.

Hello,

There was a 'Diamond' section for breakfast in MDR with waiter service in May and I am expecting it still to be there next week.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet

Hello,

There was a 'Diamond' section for breakfast in MDR with waiter service in May and I am expecting it still to be there next week.

Regards,

Cublet

Thank-you for the update, that is encouraging news.:)

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Thank-you for the update, that is encouraging news.:)

Thanks for the info. Yes, that is good news. Please come back after your net week's cruise and let us knowif it is still there.

Can a nine year old eat in Giovanni's? I have read conflicting information. While the description on the website says "family", I thought I also read 12 and above as well. I tried to login and make a reservation but the website was down.

I ask because I received Royal email about buying a dining package for my upcoming cruise and they announced a new better priced kids option at $8 (children's menu.)

Can a nine year old eat in Giovanni's? I have read conflicting information. While the description on the website says "family", I thought I also read 12 and above as well. I tried to login and make a reservation but the website was down.

I ask because I received Royal email about buying a dining package for my upcoming cruise and they announced a new better priced kids option at $8 (children's menu.)

No age restrictions at Giovanni's.

Edited by clarea