What do you ask for in your cabin?

We usually ask for ice twice a day and extra towels. We used to ask to have the things removed from the mini-bar, but after being told several times that the steward can't do it, we just take it out ourselves and put it on the shelves in our cabin.

I like to bring a few bottles of water on the cruise and I have to admit, I don't know if we can do that now as we haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean since Oct 2011. I guess I will find out in January.

1. Removal of all mini bar items

2. Ice bucket for the whole trip

3. Extra glasses & wine glasses

3. Extra comforter (we're selfish and each prefer our own comforter)

4. Robes (platinum)

5. We warn attendant about automatic Sense 'n Spray gadget in the bathroom.

I asked for robes before I was platinum, but that was 6 years ago...not sure if that has changed

Did our first RC cruise in January and there was no problem in getting robes. Getting the fridge emptied for our own stuff was another story. Called twice and no one came after stating they would be there by the evening. Room Steward said he would take care of it. Ended up taking out all the bottles ourselves and lining them up on the desk counter where they stayed for the entire cruise.

Hey Pat -- how was Jewel? Freedom was great with pretty good weather the whole time. We diverted to Nassau and I saw the Allure -- first time we've seen an Oasis class ship. What a huge ship!!

Well hello sweetie! :)

Yes, the Jewel was her usual elegant self, and my sister really enjoyed the pampering for her birthday while she joined us. I must say, the CL is still the wonderful meeting place it proves to be!! Young Diego, the new concierge, has tons of engergy and is very helpful.

I just (finally!) booked a passage on one of the Oasis class ships...just to say "OK..been there...done that"...and intended on booking the Allure. However, for the same itinerary, the same cat D class cabin, the same deck, the same month....the Oasis was a total of 320.00 less than Allure. Soooo...we are booked in November! We may love it...we may dislike it...but either way....at least I will now say I will have an personal opinion of it. ;)

Usually only ask for the ice bucket to be filled in the afternoon, except for the Oasis where I asked for (and got) a short power strip cord so that I wouldn't have to get down on the floor to plug in/unplug the blow dryer. Still can't figure out what "genius" came up with that one!

Since they have gone to a different person to monitor the mini-fridge for usage, instead of the room steward, I put a note on it the first day asking the things be removed. It has been done. I think they appreciate it because they don't have to check it every day to restock and charge.

I have found if I put the ice bucket in the refrigerator, it does keep the ice a little longer.

Tucker in Texas

We, also, ask for two of the daily Compass each evening so we can both have one with our "schedules" earmarked on them with a highlighter pen.

Tucker in Texas

I have asked for that, as well. You would have thought I was asking for the world. In the past few cruises with Royal, my room steward would not honor my request for an extra Cruise Compass. :(

Mostly that we want ice every day.

Also, we let them know we won't be needing them to do our room more than once a day....we are one of those strange couples that actually spend a great deal of time in our suite.

:)

I have asked for that, as well. You would have thought I was asking for the world. In the past few cruises with Royal, my room steward would not honor my request for an extra Cruise Compass. :(

Do you realize there are piles of extras available all the time next to guest relations

desk? Usually on a rack on the wall. You don't even have to get in line to ask for one.

[quote name='Tucker in Texas']We just stick them under the bed, plenty of room. As I accumulate dirty clothes, I repack them so I don't have so much to do the last day.

Tucker in Texas[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what we do too!! :)

I never realized I was so low maintenance. :)

No wonder our cabin attendant is so pleasant to us. We keep the room “picked up” and rarely ask for anything special. We’ve never asked for anything, for which we were not already entitled.

We do ask for Ice (but do not consider this anything out of the ordinary) , and if the RCCL noted D+ or suite amenities are not there, we remind the attendant to provide them.

We pick up extra compasses from guest services, wine glasses from any bar and just empty the refrigerator ourselves. How hard is it to move the items from the refrigerator to an out of the way (but visible) shelf?

So, we ask for ice, and a box of tissues for the desk – That is about it.

M

[quote name='cruisegirl1']I never realized I was so low maintenance. :)

No wonder our cabin attendant is so pleasant to us. We keep the room “picked up” and rarely ask for anything special. We’ve never asked for anything, for which we were not already entitled.

We do ask for Ice (but do not consider this anything out of the ordinary) , and if the RCCL noted D+ or suite amenities are not there, we remind the attendant to provide them.

We pick up wine glasses from any bar and just empty the refrigerator ourselves. How hard is it to move the items from the refrigerator to an out of the way (but visible) shelf?

So, we ask for ice, and a box of tissues for the desk – That is about it.

M[/QUOTE]

Yup, us too. I was beginning to think we were the odd balls as we did not ask for anything
extra either, except ice. We never open the little fridge (does not keep anything cold anyway) and will either bring my own plastic wine/champagne glasses or carry our empty wine glasses from the lounge and wash them for reuse during the week.

I do ask for robes if they are missing, but most of the time they are already in the cabin.

We also keep our room tidy and clutter free. We even make the bed when we get up
in the morning.

And yes, as long as we receive good service, we always give our cabin attendant
a little something extra along with the prepaid tip. If we get the rare time when we
get bad service, we don't tip anything extra. That has only happened once.

[quote name='cruisegirl1']I never realized

We pick up extra compasses from guest services, wine glasses from any bar and just empty the refrigerator ourselves. How hard is it to move the items from the refrigerator to an out of the way (but visible) shelf?

M[/QUOTE]

We like the extra Compass the night before so we can plan our next day. They don't put them out at guest services until the morning.

We ask the refrigerator be emptied so there will be no question that we consumed anything from it which has happened in the past. While they were quick to take it off the statement, it required a trip to guest services and a wait in line.

Tucker in Texas

[quote name='Tucker in Texas']We like the extra Compass the night before so we can plan our next day. They don't put them out at guest services until the morning.

We ask the refrigerator be emptied so there will be no question that we consumed anything from it which has happened in the past. While they were quick to take it off the statement, it required a trip to guest services and a wait in line.

Tucker in Texas[/QUOTE]

[U]Agreed, no one likes unnecessary trips to guest services. [/U] Not to jinx myself but we’ve never had any erroneous refrigerator charges. If the staff removes the contents they are left in the cabin and clearly visible on a shelf, so if we remove them they are still visible should anyone come in the cabin to check.

enjoy
M

[quote name='cruisegirl1'][U]Agreed, no one likes unnecessary trips to guest services. [/U] Not to jinx myself but we’ve never had any erroneous refrigerator charges. If the staff removes the contents they are left in the cabin and clearly visible on a shelf, so if we remove them they are still visible should anyone come in the cabin to check.

enjoy
M[/QUOTE]

Every since they went to a F&B crew member checking the refrigerators daily or every other day, rather than the room steward, when we have asked them to remove the contents, they have taken them to wherever they are going and not left them in the cabin. The room steward would most of the time so we would take them out ourselves and tell him/her where we stashed them. I think the F&B crew doesn't mind because they don't have to check the cabin anymore.

One thing that has worried me (but not happened) is that on turnaround day, the cabin doors are left open and anyone (crew or departing passenger) could come in and help themselves to a drink/snack. People have come home and found charges on their statement posted after getting their final statement. They have had no problem having the charge removed with a phone call but, again, that is a hassle and probably not worth time wise chasing most of the time.

Tucker in Texas

[quote name='Tucker in Texas']Every since they went to a F&B crew member checking the refrigerators daily or every other day, rather than the room steward, when we have asked them to remove the contents, they have taken them to wherever they are going and not left them in the cabin. The room steward would most of the time so we would take them out ourselves and tell him/her where we stashed them. I think the F&B crew doesn't mind because they don't have to check the cabin anymore.

One thing that has worried me (but not happened) is that on turnaround day, the cabin doors are left open and anyone (crew or departing passenger) could come in and help themselves to a drink/snack. People have come home and found charges on their statement posted after getting their final statement. They have had no problem having the charge removed with a phone call but, again, that is a hassle and probably not worth time wise chasing most of the time.

Tucker in Texas[/QUOTE]

That has happened to us now twice. Charge was never on the final bill, and we had never even opened the little fridge during the entire cruise. I would get home and check my Visa account online after we have left and a small charge would be there. When I called C&A I was told a cola, and the other time a bottle of water. They quickly removed the charge, but I am with you. Those rooms are wide open on disembarkation day, and someone is going in to help themselves. Some people just don't bother to call and correct it, but it is an irritant to me. I think some hotels will lock the little fridge on request, I just wish RCI would do the same.

Archived