What do you ask for in your cabin?

I've heard that people ask for ice, to clean out the fridge, etc...what else do you ask for? If I were to tip a 20.00 would I be able to get "extra" things such as a robe? Just curious about what has been asked for and what was actually given.

Yes--we ask for ice and for the steward to put away the large water bottles that sit out. I want him/her to do it so they know where they are and I am not charged. We ask for robes. We are platinum, so we should get these. [our friends cruised for the first time recently and asked for robes. At first the Steward said he did not have any, but brought them 2 later.]

They would not clear the fridge on our last cruise. We put a sticky note on it that we had not taken anything out of the fridge when we left.

I ask for an egg crate or cushion on my mattress, and for additional bath towels. If we've booked connecting rooms, we ask for the connecting door to be unlocked.

I never give money in advance, and always receive exemplary service with all requests fulfilled promptly.

You can ask for a robe when your Platinum status or above with C&A and I think they come in suites automatically, but someone can verify that.

I've heard that the cannot do the loungers on the balcony cabins anymore unless your in an aft or a suite, but again someone can tell you the truth on that.

Your stateroom attendant can get you ice and you can arrange to have the mini-bar removed.

Ice, robes, ash tray for balcony for DH; extra bath towels every now and then.

Last cruise, the room service menus were torn away from the stateroom guide, and we asked for replacements (this must happen a lot because we were given printed menu sheets).

We always find the cabin service excellent.

Teddie

I've heard that people ask for ice, to clean out the fridge, etc...what else do you ask for? If I were to tip a 20.00 would I be able to get "extra" things such as a robe? Just curious about what has been asked for and what was actually given.

Daily: Two off fresh wine glass, slices of lemon and lime, fresh ice approx 16.00 hours, daily news patter sheet.On the first day, larger seats and table for the balcony

No doubt others will add their selections

I ask for an egg crate mattress cover usually beforehand but sometimes once on the ship. I've only not gotten it once. We, also, ask for two of the daily Compass each evening so we can both have one with our "schedules" earmarked on them with a highlighter pen.

I pre-pay my tips to get MTD. In addition, every day I leave a couple of bucks (depending on service) with a snack size piece of candy and a note thanking the attendant for something (keeping the ice bucket full, bringing me a corkscrew, towel animal, and, most especially, servicing our cabin when we have the thingee stuck in the door indicating that we are out). I'll add any requests I have to the note. This has bought unsolicited shampoo, lotion, slippers, etc. which is usually given only to suites. I would "hide" them because I didn't want them to get into trouble if their supervisor inspected the cabin seeing things we shouldn't have. Ironically, they would bring us more the next day (lol). I donated excess when I got home to the shelter.

I think you can request a robe if it doesn't come automatically on the second day. I wouldn't tip extra upfront but ask for it in my daily note and thank them the next day in the note.

Actually, I'm not tipping any more than I did before prepaying grats for MTD came into play. We almost always added $15 or $20 to the recommended tips if our steward was good and they always were. Once I didn't leave any extra but he was the pits. Took us three days to get a bar of soap and, the final blow, he took up all our uneaten chocolates. Not only that, but we were in a concierge cabin and I had tipped him $20 up front with my requests. Never done that again!

One thing they appreciate almost as much as dead presidents on green paper is recognition by name on the exit survey and checking "excellent" on it. That gets them promotion and extra hours off.

Tucker in Texas

I ask for an egg crate or cushion on my mattress, and for additional bath towels. If we've booked connecting rooms, we ask for the connecting door to be unlocked.

I never give money in advance, and always receive exemplary service with all requests fulfilled promptly.

Do we have to ask to have the doors unlocked? Is it not like connecting hotel room doors? We will be in one, our kids in another. We'd like them open all day, and just be able to shut it at night for privacy ;)

We have asked for additonal hangers. They have always been provided with no problem.

If any one wants our robes they can have them. Carnival provides them in all of the cabins and we just left ours hanging in the closet. On our last cruise the stateroom attendant asked if we wanted robes and we declined.

We've never really had to ask for anything. Ice is always there...we've been lucky with great cabin stewards.

We do have the robes removed as we would never use them. I found makeup on the collar of one that was hanging in one of our cabins, a few years ago.:eek:

Now I have them removed in case they have been worn and not laundered.:( Yuk.

Do we have to ask to have the doors unlocked? Is it not like connecting hotel room doors? We will be in one, our kids in another. We'd like them open all day, and just be able to shut it at night for privacy ;)

You do have to ask that it be unlocked. Unlike hotels where they may have two back-to-back doors, the one between connecting cabins is a single door that is locked with a key. Once unlocked, you can open and close the door as you wish.

Yes--we ask for ice and for the steward to put away the large water bottles that sit out. I want him/her to do it so they know where they are and I am not charged. We ask for robes. We are platinum, so we should get these. [our friends cruised for the first time recently and asked for robes. At first the Steward said he did not have any, but brought them 2 later.]

They would not clear the fridge on our last cruise. We put a sticky note on it that we had not taken anything out of the fridge when we left.

The room attendant is NOT the mini bar person who comes around to see if you took something or used something. We just take the bottles and put them on top of the cabinets and we don't use anything in the refrig. The frig is barely cool inside so doesn't suffice for a true refrigerator. Therefore we bring a soft sided cooler and ask the attendant to keep it iced. We've been in the room when the minibar guys knocks and its never enough to tell him we didn't use anything, they need to see that for themselves in order to check it off their list.

Oh, in hotels now, if you ask them to empty the mini bar out of the refrig, they now charge about $25.

You do have to ask that it be unlocked. Unlike hotels where they may have two back-to-back doors, the one between connecting cabins is a single door that is locked with a key. Once unlocked, you can open and close the door as you wish.

Thanks!

Ice bucket for my sail away champagne...if I can even find my busy cabin attendant that early.

Otherwise, I just fill up the trash bucket with ice and put the bottle in there.

(hotel style ;) ).

Hey Pat -- how was Jewel? Freedom was great with pretty good weather the whole time. We diverted to Nassau and I saw the Allure -- first time we've seen an Oasis class ship. What a huge ship!!

Lots of ICE, ICE and more ice. We always have a cooler in our cabin and I want it full of ice. We also aways empty the fridge so we can use it for our stuff. Other than that, we are not very fussy. You earn the extra tip just by keeping my ice supply full.

Guest maddycat

I always ask for an extra pillow, extra hangers (on our last cruise on the Explorer there were 7 hangers in the closet for 2 people for an 11 night cruise), and extra drinking glasses (for the bathroom cabinet to hold toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.). I also ask that the cabin attendant arrange with the bar people for the refrig. to be emptied. On the our last cruise I asked that the comforter be replaced with a lightweight blanket. The comforter is just too hot and heavy for the Caribbean. I ask that the robes be removed. We prepay our tips but usually tip extra at the end of the cruise.

I've asked for the shampoo and conditioners that are available in the suites, even though I was staying in the balcony staterooms, which only has the dispensers in the showers. I've also requested particular animals to be made from the towels (monkey in particular since my girlfriend was born in the year of the monkey).

Archived