Breakaway from Port Canaveral?

bob brown

NCL website has bookings available OCT NOV & DEC out of PC round trip on the Breakaway, nothing yet for Mar. which I had booked when it was available earlier this year, I would rather have sailed on her in Oct. but already have the Sun booked in Dec.

NCL website has bookings available OCT NOV & DEC out of PC round trip on the Breakaway, nothing yet for Mar. which I had booked when it was available earlier this year, I would rather have sailed on her in Oct. but already have the Sun booked in Dec.

If this is still available after my cruise in Jan, I may look into it. I'd do it just to cruise out of Port Canaveral and go to New York. (Don't care about the Bahamas)

An article yesterday was posted in Florida Today (local newspaper for Port Canaveral area) and it said the Breakaway will now be allowing foreign passengers only to embark in Port Canaveral, do the full 7 day cruise with stops in NYC and Bahamas and then disembark back in PC. Initiallyit will be a test to see how it goes. If all goes well they will then open it up to all passengers.

• 1 month later...

I called NCL today and insisted on an answer about how to board the Breakaway at PC as our final payment is due in Dec. and every time I have called they tell me they will be contacting me.

Today, because I insisted they "went up the ladder" and found out that we could not board at PC because of Jones laws (or something like that) and they canceled it while I was on the phone.

They claimed that I booked it on the International site - not true- I booked it on the website that I use to book all my cruises and my clients cruises, why would I be on an international site:confused:

Anyway, I guess they think I was lying when I told them how I booked it , they said they followed the history and that's how they know it was booked on the international site, whatever, not worth arguing about, I am sure someone on their end must have put it up by mistake and then maybe covered their tracks.

So, just thought I would let those of you that wanted me to keep you posted on how it ended up, it didn't:eek:

I booked the Dawn for March, too late to get double latitudes, asked if they would give them to me for that cruise but I guess because they think I pulled a fast one they said no.

I still love NCL, just a bump in the road I guess, next time someone posts that I can book Breakaway from PC I will pretend I didn't see it!!

I called NCL today and insisted on an answer about how to board the Breakaway at PC as our final payment is due in Dec. and every time I have called they tell me they will be contacting me.

Today, because I insisted they "went up the ladder" and found out that we could not board at PC because of Jones laws (or something like that) and they canceled it while I was on the phone.

They claimed that I booked it on the International site - not true- I booked it on the website that I use to book all my cruises and my clients cruises, why would I be on an international site:confused:

Anyway, I guess they think I was lying when I told them how I booked it , they said they followed the history and that's how they know it was booked on the international site, whatever, not worth arguing about, I am sure someone on their end must have put it up by mistake and then maybe covered their tracks.

So, just thought I would let those of you that wanted me to keep you posted on how it ended up, it didn't:eek:

I booked the Dawn for March, too late to get double latitudes, asked if they would give them to me for that cruise but I guess because they think I pulled a fast one they said no.

I still love NCL, just a bump in the road I guess, next time someone posts that I can book Breakaway from PC I will pretend I didn't see it!!

That really stinks and once again, NCL doesn't have correct info on what happened. I saw it posted on the regular site as did some of the others who posted when it first came out. It wasn't there long, but it was there.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked the Dawn out of Tampa because our Breakaway cruise boarding at Port Canaveral was canceled, because it was only for international guests. (originated in NY) Now I am reading that Brits, etc. are boarding in Cozumel which is causing all kinds of trouble with customs in Tampa, I don't think we would have caused much trouble boarding in PC, too bad only International guests are being allowed to hop on in ports other than originating ports, why can't they do it for everybody or for nobody, looks like it is causing more trouble than it is worth. (I know, some kind of laws are the reason why, then why was there an article mentioned that said if it works it will be offered to US citizens?)

We are traveling out of Tampa with friends, their first time on NCL, I hope it is not a nightmare cruise for their sake.:eek:

Sorry, Coscab. I really doubt you were the ONLY person who booked this cruise, but, it appears, the only Cruise Critic member. You have a wonderful attitude about not blaming Norwegian. :)

Just now seeing this, and I totally agree with mafig. :)

Just this week I commented that I wondered how the Breakaway debarkation experience would be due to the double-embarkation . . . considering what's been happening recently on Norwegian Dawn.

Have a great cruise Coscab, no matter what you choose.

You DESERVE a wonderful experience after all of this.

I boarded the Breakaway in Port Canaveral on December 3rd for a tour. I asked the question about boarding in PC and returning in PC and the answer was the one I gave above. They will allow international passengers now and will be making a decision on whether to let all passengers book the trip from PC. I also do agree with the poster Coscab. A few months ago on the NCL site for a brief time one was able to book this cruise leaving from PC. Hopefully they get it figured out and make it happen soon.

Port Canaveral is so convenient for us, we loved sailing on the Sun from there, now have to drive to Miami. I booked the Mar. 11 Breakaway from PC but there were very few cabins to choose from, ended up far forward, also, we prefer smaller ships but love NCL so we are happy to try this mega ship.

Port Canaveral is much closer for us also. However we decided to book Getaway out of Miami (3 hr. drive instead of 45 min.) We like that itinerary. Wanted to do Breakaway but not her itinerary so her sister ship will do just fine :D.

• 2 months later...

Just watching the Port Canaveral webcam, we would be leaving on the Breakaway right now if they hadn't canceled my reservation out of Port Canaveral, we sailed on the Dawn last week instead, was a great trip, probably would be sailing into a snow storm if they had honored our Breakaway resv.:D

That really stinks and once again, NCL doesn't have correct info on what happened. I saw it posted on the regular site as did some of the others who posted when it first came out. It wasn't there long, but it was there.

It was there for 2015 cruises on web site just 3 days ago almost booked till I saw this:eek: