Pinnacle restaurants

Eboracum_d

I saw in a topic about the Maasdam that someone said eating in the Pinnacle was free for those in suites. Does anyone know whether this s the case on the Ryndam.

I gather that suite passengers, or at least those in what are now to be called Neptune suites can breakfast there, although I am not sure what the advantage is.

David

Breakfast in Pinnacle is no additional charge for those in category "S" and 'PS" on Ryndam. Only deluxe veranda (Neptune) and penthouse (Pinnacle) suites have this amenity. Everyone pays for dinner except there are discounts for three and four star mariners and free for five star. Same for Lunch..... only free for certain category Mariner status.

Breakfast in Pinnacle is no additional charge for those in category "S" and 'PS" on Ryndam. Only deluxe veranda (Neptune) and penthouse (Pinnacle) suites have this amenity. Everyone pays for dinner except there are discounts for three and four star mariners and free for five star. Same for Lunch..... only free for certain category Mariner status.

Actually it was you, Sail, that said on the Noob Maasdam thread that ALL meals in Pinnacle were included in the basic fare of S and PS pax and there was no extra charge. I read it twice knowing you knew it was only free for breakfast and figured you had just made a mistake.

Breakfast is free for Suite pax. It is quiet and far less crowded. This is a fleetwide policy.

Lunch and Dinner aren't free.

and very enjoyable:D beautiful views, good service and quiet:)

The last time that I breakfasted in the Pinnacle, on a Ryndam cruise last fall the service was quite slow. There were not enough waitstaff for the full restaurant. Since the food is the same in the dining room and the Pinnacle.for me personally there is no advantage. I enjoy watching the activity in the main dining room.

However, I think that the fruit served in the Neptune Lounge is great, usually better than can be found in any venue.

People who stay in the Penthouse and S, SA, SB and SC Deluxe Verandahs (soon to be renamed Pinnacle Suite and Neptune Suites) can enjoy eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. It is a free perk to those passengers. The breakfast menu is the same in both the main dining room and the Pinnacle. We just like the idea that the Pinnacle for breakfast is a little quieter than the main dining room.

As for lunch dinner in the Pinnacle -- everyone has to pay -- not free to anyone unless they have been invited to dine there with the captain, hotel manager, or officers, etc.

Actually it was you, Sail, that said on the Noob Maasdam thread that ALL meals in Pinnacle were included in the basic fare of S and PS pax and there was no extra charge. I read it twice knowing you knew it was only free for breakfast and figured you had just made a mistake.

Kindly bring that post forward if you can find it.

IF I wrote that, I was wrong but cannot imagine I ever would have said that as I know better. We all make mistakes and I'd like to read what foolishness I may have written.

Breakfast is no added charge for "S" and "PS" suite and only they are permitted to breakfast in Pinnacle. We get a few free dinners in Pinnacle as Five Star Mariners and discount of 50% off the rest if we go over the number that are free. for four star mariners. Three star mariners get 25% discount off lunch and dinner.

If I made that mistake, I am sorry for any confusion but would really like to read how badly I butchered that information.

What??

5 star Mariners only get 2 free Pinnacle dinners per cruise. And we do not get any free lunches.

Where did you get your information?

Sail- this is copied from the other thread.....

Whoever told you crew/staff on any ship do not like cruisers uder 30 is either pulling your leg or woefully mistaken. That's ridiculous and nothing for you to worry about.

We love Maasdam and have sailed that ship more than 30 cruises and you will never feel as though crew were less than friendly because of your age. It won't happen.

As to "no extra cost', items, there is nothing free on a cruise ship. There are things we pay for included in our fare and those we pay for at time of consumption. Included in our fare are all meals in Lido, MDR, room service and Pinnacle if in an "S" Suite or 'PS". All coffee, tea, cocoa, iced tea in Lido are included as well as in MDR. Some ships are now charging for espresso and cappaccino in MDR but some are not. Any soft drinks/soda have an additional charge as do coffee/tea beverages at Explorations Cafe.

Unless invited specifically to a party, all liquor is additional charge.

On Maasdam, if you dine in Pinnacle for lunch or dinner, there is an additional charge and same for dinner in Canaletto. Other than that, no charge for food.

Maasdam is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. Hope you enjoy her as much as we always do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by sail7seas; Yesterday at 07:58 PM.

See above Sail, perhaps you meant Neptune rather than Pinnacle

You're welcome...we all can "mis-speak"; in person we can easily correct ourselves....not so easy here...

You always give such great information. So thank you

No,

What I should have added was Breakfast no extra charge in Pinnacle if in a deluxe veranda (Neptune) or Penthouse (Pinnacle) Suite.

Kathy,

Thanks for your help.... and for your nice words. :)

We love breakfast at Pinnacle is my favorite suite perk, such I nice way to start the day

DH agrees with you. I like it but also enjoy room service. I like to mix it up a bit and sometimes 'stay in' for our breakfast. :)

But, the table setting, the atmosphere, the service for breakfast in Pinnacle is usually a wonderful way to start the day.

Breakfast only in the PG is free. The standard up charge will apply to all other meals.

You know my repeated rant........ :)

NOTHING on a cruise ship is free. It is either paid for included in the fare or at the time of consumption.

In the case of no extra charge for Suite guests to breakfast in Pinnacle, that is an amenity included in the fare. :) Paid for and definitely not free... :)

You know my repeated rant........ :)

NOTHING on a cruise ship is free. It is either paid for included in the fare or at the time of consumption.

In the case of no extra charge for Suite guests to breakfast in Pinnacle, that is an amenity included in the fare. :) Paid for and definitely not free... :)

Your absolutely right Sails, you pay for everything one way or another.

Your absolutely right Sails, you pay for everything one way or another.

Maybe the better term is "no surcharge" instead of "free". I have to laugh when I think of how we ran up our cruise credits on a cruise last year so we could qualify to get 4 star "free laundry" on our next one.

Don't even ask me to do the math comparing a lifetime use of the $20 stuff bag laundry, compared to the costs of the double cruise credit suite we bought on that cruise to get our "free laundry" for our next one. :eek:

On the Oosterdam, last October we dined in the Pinnacle Grill for my birthday. We enjoyed a White Zinfandel that was actually pink.

I did not think to make a note of its label and hope someone can help.

We sail on Solstice in three weeks and I am hoping they might offer the same one.

Last year we turned down a $9,999 upsell (no misprint) to a large suite. Our TA, who was pretty sure of our reaction to that "generous upsell offer" did tease by saying that we would get "free" breakfasts in the Pinnacle. My response was that it was nice of HA to pay us $9,999 not to eat "free" breakfast in the Pinnacle :)

Hank

Archived