Liberty of the Seas - any "secret" spots?

Not really a secret, but the helicopter pad is an interesting spot to visit for sailaway and to look at stars at night.

How do you get to the helipad? Is it restricted or invite only?

Hmm...a helipad visit and penguins. It doesn't get any better!! :D:D:D

How do you get to the helipad? Is it restricted or invite only?

Hmm...a helipad visit and penguins. It doesn't get any better!! :D:D:D

The helipad is open to all guests on Liberty.

Go outside on the deck 4 outside promenade. Walk forward until you reach stairs, go up the stairs, and continue forward.

The helipad is open to all guests on Liberty.

Go outside on the deck 4 outside promenade. Walk forward until you reach stairs, go up the stairs, and continue forward.

Thanks Clarea. I will definitely make a note about that. There are more stars at sea then anywhere else!! :)

Hi,

if you mean "secret" in terms of quiet, than:

-Sundeck behind the funnel, there are no noisy music and pool games.

Just the climbing wall and sometimes the FlowRider.

-Promenade deck!! You can even go up to the bow!

-Sundeck on Deck 12 I think, at the direction of the bow...

That's just the sort of info I was looking for. Sailing on Liberty next month and never been on this class of ship before. Thank you :D

• 1 month later...
The penguins are my favorite thing on Liberty.

Be sure not to miss them.

For the first three days of our Liberty cruise last month, I used my early morning walk to search for the penguins, but to no avail.

Then, as soon as I varied my exercise regime, there they were ;)

Yup, other posters are correct --- deck 4 (outer promenade) pretty much anywhere at any time. The aft area has some chairs to sit and watch the wake - I've not found anyone else there anytime I went; go forward and you will get to the helipad area (open unless crew are cleaning/working in that spot).

I can't wait to get on board again.:D:)

What is the deal with deck 7 aft corner? It is blank on the deck plans. But it seems odd it would be an open area.

This is from the Explorer, but the corner aft cabin on deck 7 of the Liberty should be very similar.

2013-12-17123239-1.jpg

2013-12-21164951-1.jpg

Like I said, should be very similar to this balcony. Nice with a side view through the porthole. The obstruction looking out the aft, did not even bother me in the least. Some people have even hung a hammock on the balcony.

Gwen :)

• 2 years later...
Not really a secret, but the helicopter pad is an interesting spot to visit for sailaway and to look at stars at night.

Agree! Watching the stars on the helipad is a must do for us and the kids, multiple times, on each cruise. Love the ability to see so many stars with the warm breeze flowing over the ship.

Just watch out for kids laying down on the helipad!!! We've seen this on numerous cruises and have to be careful not to step right on them. It's almost pitch black up there, so it's easy to miss them. :)

Dan