Where's my muster station gonna be?

Not 100 percent sure but maybe 99 percent as I have sailed both Oasis and Allure and have an upcoming cruise on Harmony.

A1-4: Vitality At Sea Fitness Center

B1-4: Amber Theater

C1: Jazz on 4

C2: Blaze Nightclub

C3: Comedy Live

C4: On Air Karaoke Club

D1-4: Studio B Ice Rink

E1: Royal Promenade

E2: Promenade Cafe

E3: Champagne Bar

E4: Guest Services

F1-4: Main Dining Room

G1-4: AquaTheater

I know this is an old thread but I hope this answers any remaining questions! No need to worry about muster on this ship, as all but one area is in a comfortable, air-conditioned venue. I don't mind it one bit! (After all, it is for your safety!)

Allure is a wonderful ship, as is the Oasis class of ships in general.

I'm new to RC, so please don't hate me.

I believe the listing above are categories? How do you know which category your cabin is? Or, where can I find this info for my particular cabin?

Thanks!

I believe the listing above are categories? How do you know which category your cabin is? Or, where can I find this info for my particular cabin?

Thanks!

Those look like categories, but in this case, I don't believe they are.

For one, there are no "E" categories on Oasis class. For another, we were in a D6 and were assigned to the theater. I also see no JS, GS,CL and other categories.

My guess is that they are fire zones or some other stateroom grouping.

To answer the next question, I don't know of a way to determine what fire zone (or other grouping) a stateroom belongs to.

Edited by clarea

My only 2 other cruises were on Carnival ships and both times we had to meet out on the pool deck near the lifeboats, wearing out life vest, in the heat. I hope in September I get a nice indoor muster on my first Royal cruise lol.

The good news is you no longer have to carry or wear your life preserver to muster.:D

Those look like categories, but in this case, I don't believe they are.

For one, there are no "E" categories on Oasis class. For another, we were in a D6 and were assigned to the theater. I also see no JS, GS,CL and other categories.

My guess is that they are fire zones or some other stateroom grouping.

To answer the next question, I don't know of a way to determine what fire zone (or other grouping) a stateroom belongs to.

Bob, would I be wrong in guessing they are the actual muster station numbers?

Will be interesting to see where we "mustard" on Oasis coming up. Though I keep

forgetting to bring my ketchup!! :eek: :p

The good news is you no longer have to carry or wear your life preserver to muster.:D

From what I understand, that was eliminated years ago due to too many

pax tripping down the stairs on the life vest belts dragging behind.

Agree, very happy to not have to wear them now either. We looked like

a bunch of orange turtles. :D

Thanks!

No worries! That's my fault, I should have been more clear. Each muster station onboard comes with a letter and a number. I put that out there to answer questions for those on here who were wondering where the locations were. So in this case, those are muster station codes. My apologies for the confusion and welcome to RC!

Curious as to whether or not there is a list muster stations floating around somewhere (Allure). Was wanting to get an idea of where ours will be?

Depends on cabin location. But if you book a Suite, in case of a problem at sea,all suite guests are loaded on the lifeboats first.

Bob, would I be wrong in guessing they are the actual muster station numbers?

Will be interesting to see where we "mustard" on Oasis coming up. Though I keep

forgetting to bring my ketchup!! :eek: :p

You are correct! I've sailed on both Oasis and Allure so I've memorized the ships pretty well!

If you know the location of your cabin, I might be able to give you an idea of where it might be. Just remember to bring the ketchup! (For some reason it won't let me insert an emoji here. lol)

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Thanks! So, if I found someone who had my cabin on my ship, they could tell me my code and then I'd know where my muster station is?

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

I'll just wait and see! That's about the only way to make a muster drill just a little exciting [emoji23]

Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be booked!

Depends on cabin location. But if you book a Suite, in case of a problem at sea,all suite guests are loaded on the lifeboats first.

Is this true? What I understand is they have more than enough lifeboats for everybody onboard. However I do not know their order of priority.

If only I could afford a suite...

Thanks! So, if I found someone who had my cabin on my ship, they could tell me my code and then I'd know where my muster station is?

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

I'll just wait and see! That's about the only way to make a muster drill just a little exciting [emoji23]

Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be booked!

Muster stations are not decided based on cabin category or by deck, but on location within the ship. For example, if you are in a D2 category cabin forward on deck 10, you will report to a different location than D2 cabins in the aft section of deck 10. But if you know where your cabin is on the deck plan, i.e. forward, midship, aft, I might be able to pinpoint as I may have stayed near it on one of my previous cruises. Enjoy your cruise! Which ship are you on?

Is there any food served at muster? Surely they can't expect us all to hang around starving?

Unfortunately, no. As a matter of fact, all guest services are suspended 15-30 minutes in advance. However, the drill never takes more than 20-30 minutes and once it's over, for me it's back to the room to send my last texts and posts for the week (as my family and I don't bother with the expensive wi-fi), and then straight to the deck for sailaway with a refreshing virgin cocktail in my hand followed by a tasty dinner to start the cruise!

Is this true? What I understand is they have more than enough lifeboats for everybody onboard. However I do not know their order of priority.

Not sure why you think regular people should be boarded at the same time as or ahead of suite guests? They're paying suite fares so they deserve a better chance of survival

Unfortunately, no. As a matter of fact, all guest services are suspended 15-30 minutes in advance. However, the drill never takes more than 20-30 minutes and once it's over, for me it's back to the room to send my last texts and posts for the week (as my family and I don't bother with the expensive wi-fi), and then straight to the deck for sailaway with a refreshing virgin cocktail in my hand followed by a tasty dinner to start the cruise!

So we'll need to go to the buffet first and stock up on some snacks? Do you know if the WJ supply takeaway boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true at all, he and his sidekick think they are funny. Much easier to just ignore them.

So we'll need to go to the buffet first and stock up on some snacks? Do you know if the WJ supply takeaway boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the MDR does, but not sure about WJ. However, if you bring a box of your own, I do not believe there are any rule about taking food out!

As for bringing snacks, they announce ahead of time that smoking, eating, drinking and using cell phones/ electronics during the drill is not allowed. However, I'm sure some assembly station leaders are more lenient than others! (Once again, insert emoticon here). I do believe most are strict on the matter though, as my brother tried to bring his Coke freestyle cup to muster on the Allure and he was not allowed to bring it into the dining room, which was our station. If I recall correctly, I think he left it with a crew member outside the entrance to the MDR and he was able to reclaim it once muster was dismissed. Not 100% sure that's how it unfolded, but I do remember he was not allowed to bring it in.

I know the MDR does, but not sure about WJ. However, if you bring a box of your own, I do not believe there are any rule about taking food out!

As for bringing snacks, they announce ahead of time that smoking, eating, drinking and using cell phones/ electronics during the drill is not allowed. However, I'm sure some assembly station leaders are more lenient than others

Thanks for the info. I'll probably just stuff some cake in my pockets and stand near the back

Edited by Penciltwister

You are correct! I've sailed on both Oasis and Allure so I've memorized the ships pretty well!

If you know the location of your cabin, I might be able to give you an idea of where it might be. Just remember to bring the ketchup! (For some reason it won't let me insert an emoji here. lol)

LOL!! Thanks, ketchup packets in hand if needed!

We are JS cabin #11236. Nice not having to stand like sardines out there

on the promenade deck. :)

Edited by island lady

Two of them posting here are on my ignore list for a reason.

They think they are funny, but they are just obnoxious and like to

torment. :(

Can't wait for elementary school to be back in session after summer break. ;)

You may want to put them on ignore also, like many others are doing.

Edited by island lady