Safe Question

Haven't been on Freedom, but have been on several of the Voyager class. I think the safes are the same. Wife and I were able to put our iPads in the safes, but it is a tight fit and, if I am remembering correctly, they would not lay flat.

Pete

Haven't been on Freedom, but have been on several of the Voyager class. I think the safes are the same. Wife and I were able to put our iPads in the safes, but it is a tight fit and, if I am remembering correctly, they would not lay flat.

Pete

Sounds like you stored more than one? That's good to know. I'm pretty sure my wife will want to bring her tablet along as well.

Thanks!

For the folks that want more security:

http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&activity_id=80

I have the PacSafe 100 which I use in Hawaii to store our cash\cards\id\phones in the rental car when we go to the beach.

The gist is that the various bags are tamper\slash proof and then you secure them around some type of "permanent fixture" using a steel cable.

I can't remember how the safes operate on RCCL - are they code based or do you use your Sea Pass? (I will be on Liberty of the Seas)

The last two I was on (Navigator of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas) were both code based.

For the folks that want more security:

http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&activity_id=80

I have the PacSafe 100 which I use in Hawaii to store our cash\cards\id\phones in the rental car when we go to the beach.

The gist is that the various bags are tamper\slash proof and then you secure them around some type of "permanent fixture" using a steel cable.

I'm wondering what in a stateroom would we be able to secure the pacsafe to that wouldn't be able to move around. Sorry, I'm not coming up with anything.

I can't remember how the safes operate on RCCL - are they code based or do you use your Sea Pass? (I will be on Liberty of the Seas)

Code based on Liberty, but some of the older ships still have card swipe safes.

I'm wondering what in a stateroom would we be able to secure the pacsafe to that wouldn't be able to move around. Sorry, I'm not coming up with anything.

The places PACSAFE suggest in general: plumbing pipes, closet rods, cabinet\drawer handles.

Basically anything that is inconvenient or improbable for a thief to break in a hotel or stateroom. Let's face it, a really determined thief can get around nearly anything, it's more about the inconvenience factor.

Well without thinking too hard about it and using the easiest, the metal Frame of the bed would come to my mind.

The places PACSAFE suggest in general: plumbing pipes, closet rods, cabinet\drawer handles.

Basically anything that is inconvenient or improbable for a thief to break in a hotel or stateroom. Let's face it, a really determined thief can get around nearly anything, it's more about the inconvenience factor.

Well without thinking too hard about it and using the easiest, the metal Frame of the bed would come to my mind.

How about the ship's anchor?

The TV stands that pull out have a little closed handle on them

and the white, wire shelves in the closet are attached to the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived