Cruising Single

Shogun

Hi All

P&O are adding single cabins with balconys to their Grand Class ship

as sister line to Princess do you think Princess will do the same.

yours Shogun

Sure would be nice if they don't still charge a single supplement. Will i still be cruising when this ship is sailing?

thanks for the information.

renee

Do they also have single inside and outside cabins? The only ones I remember on Princess were on the original Crown/Regal Princess ships on the lowest level. I'm not sure if they were specifically designed as such but that is how they seemed to sell them.

Do they also have single inside and outside cabins? The only ones I remember on Princess were on the original Crown/Regal Princess ships on the lowest level. I'm not sure if they were specifically designed as such but that is how they seemed to sell them.
You are right. The original Crown/Regal had a whole corridor of single cabins on Fiesta deck near the Medical Center at one end and the CD's office at the other. For a single, they were fabulous. Very roomy with one fixed twin bed and a bunk bed. The cabin had two port holes instead of a window which were often sealed by a cover unless the seas were calm or the ship was in port. Re-embarkation after being in port was a breeze as the ship's entrance was literally right outside the corridor to these cabins. Even though they had a door closing off the corridor for security, they would let you go through the scanners and then the door. I have photos and will try to post them.

I would love to see single cabins on Princess ships as long as there's a single fare.

Hi All

yours Shogun

for those of us who travel solo it would be nice....however I have seen some of the single rooms...and they were awful (little more than a single bed and bathroom...not even a chair to sit in)

The Studio rooms on the Norwegian Epic were originally designed for double occupancy but now sell as Single occupancy rooms. But they are small at 100 square feet. Even as a solo traveler I appreciate a little more room than that, so if Princess Cruises did add them it would be nice that they weren't mini-Me versions of a standard stateroom and remained around 160-180 square feet. Getting to old to squeeze into a broom closet.

The Studio rooms on the Norwegian Epic were originally designed for double occupancy but now sell as Single occupancy rooms. But they are small at 100 square feet. Even as a solo traveler I appreciate a little more room than that, so if Princess Cruises did add them it would be nice that they weren't mini-Me versions of a standard stateroom and remained around 160-180 square feet. Getting to old to squeeze into a broom closet.

Ditto!

Transioning from HAL to Princess cabins was enough trauma.:p

if Princess Cruises did add them it would be nice that they weren't mini-Me versions of a standard stateroom and remained around 160-180 square feet. Getting to old to squeeze into a broom closet.

Since what Princess is selling is real estate, keeping the same size cabin and only charging half as much is not a good revenue model.

The one's they're experimenting with on PO are solo balcony staterooms. That's something I could warm-up to!

They're also experimenting with totally open dining (except the specialty restaurants). That's NOT something I would like to see happen as I think it would also equate to a lesser level of service (the main reason I don't do PC now, having experienced it a few times. With a set reservation in PC, it's fine, but random PC is not the same experience or service level).

• 2 months later...
You are right. The original Crown/Regal had a whole corridor of single cabins on Fiesta deck near the Medical Center at one end and the CD's office at the other. For a single, they were fabulous. Very roomy with one fixed twin bed and a bunk bed. The cabin had two port holes instead of a window which were often sealed by a cover unless the seas were calm or the ship was in port. Re-embarkation after being in port was a breeze as the ship's entrance was literally right outside the corridor to these cabins. Even though they had a door closing off the corridor for security, they would let you go through the scanners and then the door. I have photos and will try to post them.

I would love to see single cabins on Princess ships as long as there's a single fare.

My first couple of crusies were in these cabins, I loved them. I do remember stepping out my cabin door and I was at the head of the line to get off the ship LOL

On a different note I sure also loved the seperate movie theatre, pizzeria and outside eating area aft of the buffet.

My first couple of crusies were in these cabins, I loved them. I do remember stepping out my cabin door and I was at the head of the line to get off the ship LOL

On a different note I sure also loved the seperate movie theatre, pizzeria and outside eating area aft of the buffet.

Yup. These cabins were NOT tiny but were roomy and comfortable. Naturally, I have photos:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371074181.299507.jpg.a0279b6bf694da354c12e7305b2ccf64.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371074195.334268.jpg.a92ec49c3d0550f9c36155b6f464b353.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371074207.550114.jpg.3c83c08b45509438a55acd8ad434fdc0.jpg

Yup. These cabins were NOT tiny but were roomy and comfortable. Naturally, I have photos:

[ATTACH]275245[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275246[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275248[/ATTACH]

That's a cute little room...I'd go solo in one of those in a heart beat if it was still not attached to the single supplement cost, lol.

That's a cute little room...I'd go solo in one of those in a heart beat if it was still not attached to the single supplement cost, lol.
On the Regal/Crown, the single supplement was very minimal, if any. I seem to remember paying about $1,500 (including port fees) for a 15-day cruise to/from HI. Granted, that was several years ago but if anything, fares are less today than they were in today's $$$.

I always travel solo, and if they offered solo balcony cabins I would jump on it. I really have a hard time not being able to be outside or see light. In the past I have traveled in the old Carnival 1A porthole rooms where the single supplement was less, but even that was hard. I looked at the NCL studios, but again, no natural light or air. I would love any size balcony room; it could be a bed that I would have to walk over to get around the room, so long a I could get to a balcony for fresh air!

Hi All

yours Shogun

I think it's a "Grand" idea! I almost always travel solo so just having single cabins would be nice, but having single cabins over multiple cabin categories would be wonderful! Maybe I'll have to give P&O a try.

[ATTACH]275245[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275246[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]275248[/ATTACH]

Leave it to you. :-)

Thanks Pam. Sure brings back memories of my first cruise. I remember watching seagulls fly alongside the ship right outside my porthole checking the breaking bow wave for fish. Once one of them misjudged the breaking wave and got knocked right out of the sky LOL

Archived