Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

We've just been upgraded from an ocean view to 6093, Sunset View Deluxe! I'll post comments about this cabin soon - we're sailing on the Journey 8/18/13, Black Sea itinerary. This is a welcome upgrade, needless to say.

We are just 3 months from our cruise on the Quest in cabin 8093 and anxious to hear your comments about your recent Journey in cabin 6093 when you have time and photos to share. Thanks in advance! :)

Does anyone have comments about cabin 8049 on the Quest? The deck plan shows the pool grill on deck nine, above the cabin. I do not like noise on the ceiling. However, it was the only cabin available with a veranda on that side of the ship.

If I change to the other side, will the overhang from above be enough to shade the veranda in the morning during a westbound trans-Atlantic crossing in November?

We've just returned from the Black Sea cruise on the Journey. We had been upgraded to aft 6093, to our great surprise. The aft cabin was great for the most part. However, we experienced soot on the balcony on occasion. My husband got a silk shirt soiled one day before the cabin had been cleaned. We had room service breakfast several times, but always wiped off the table and chairs before using them.

The balcony was about twice the size of those along the sides of the ship. There was plenty of room for lounge chairs, or footstools, but they were not provided. It would have been pleasant to be able to sit and put ones feet up. The dividers between cabins went clear up to the back railing, so you had to be right up against the railing to get a fuller view.

After leaving port late one night I noticed vibration from the engines in the wee hours. I mentioned it to my husband the next morning, but he hadn't noticed.

All in all, we were very happy with the cabin. Would we book it again? I'm on the fence. Perhaps, if the price were right.

Beverly

Thanks for your prompt reply Beverly. We too were pleased with an upgrade to VX 8093 on Quest in December. We have read other comments about soot and will be sure to take note. Glad to hear you enjoyed the size of the balcony. We enjoy breakfast al fresco whenever possible and are looking forward to the new, larger balcony furniture. This is our first on an aft veranda cabin and starting to get excited. Will plan to leave our comments following our cruise too as this is a very useful thread -- thanks uktog for setting it up!

Jan

Cabin Number: 7091 and 7093

Ship: Quest

Date: Aug 2011

Would you Choose cabin again: No

Is Noise an Issue?: Yes

Balcony Size: Normal

The noise was a hum sound. I'm not really sure where it was coming from. The closer to the center of the ship the noise went away. Next time when or if we cruise with Azamara we will be more center than center aft. We took the 1st 2 aft staterooms where the railing is not so solid. Richard

Cabin Number: 6051

Date: Aug 2013

Would you Choose cabin again: Yes

Is Noise an Issue?: No

No issues at all and found this to be extremely quiet, without even any noise from the toilet, showers or sliding drawers from next door. For the way we use the ship, the location was ideal for us.

Cabin Number: 8050

Date: Aug 2013

Fantastic location! A few quick steps and you are at the aft stairs which give you convenient

access to deck 9 buffet, pool etc. Very minimal noise from above.

Cabin Number: 7007

Date: April 2011

This is an Oceanview cabin but is the same size as a Balcony cabin including the balcony, one of only four cabins like this.

This means it is bigger than normal Oceanview cabins and we loved the extra space so much so that we have booked it again for next year!

Wasn't too thrilled due to cigarette smoke, seeping aft from somewhere (crew quarters? No clue...). Clearly we were far forward on the ship & had no issues at all with rocking & rolling, but the smoke was irksome. Reported it & received sympathy, but no explanation or change in conditions. DH noticed plumbing sounds from women's restroom directly above - ear plugs took care of this for me :) We're booked for deck 7 for our next Az cruise; would not take this "upgrade" again.

Only just returned from Journey and before I forget to report. 8006 was absolutely fine - no smoke issues! and no noise from above.

Cabin Number-----------------------------------6088

Ship ---------------------------------------------Quest

Month/Year sailed-------------------------------Jul/Aug 2013

Would you choose this room again Y/N---------N (if another is available)

Is noise an issue Y/N----------------------------Y (prop noise)

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller------------Large

Bed is GREAT, other furniture/drapes/carpet need replacing badly.

Awesome closet space.

Only just returned from Journey and before I forget to report. 8006 was absolutely fine - no smoke issues! and no noise from above.

We also just returned from a lovely cruise on Journey.

Cabin 8001.

No noise issues at all.

No smell of smoke ( and we are ex smokers so are super sensitive!!)

The last cabin before Crew quarters and so minimal passing traffic.

We would be more than happy to book that cabin again.

I can only answer the question regarding the side of the ship for an eastbound transatlantic. The starboard side of the ship should have the most sun. I was on a westboaund Rome to Ft. Lauderdale in November and the port side received the most sun in that direction.

2Fltravelers, did the sun's angle allow it to hit the glass and warm the cabin? Or was the balcony overhang deep enough to shade the glass? If the glass was warmed, was the A/C strong enough to keep the cabin cool? I'm on the Quest TA this November, port side with a balcony, and like to enjoy the view, especially during breakfast. However, I do not want the sun in my eyes or the cabin to get overly warm. (Starboard side was not available.)

I know this is an obstructed view cabin - but cannot see mention of this particular one anywhere.

I have read that these cabins are smaller than others on board (didnt think to check this out as booked on impulse).

I am sure we will have a lovely cruise but am worried about the cabin now after reading some negatives about these type of cabins.

Any views ?

I know this is an obstructed view cabin - but cannot see mention of this particular one anywhere.

I have read that these cabins are smaller than others on board (didnt think to check this out as booked on impulse).

I am sure we will have a lovely cruise but am worried about the cabin now after reading some negatives about these type of cabins.

Any views ?

Oh dear!! Likewise with Mrs Miggins we have been assigned 6038 & looking at the deck plan & also posters have mentioned that the cabins on Quest are smaller than other cruise lines, our cabin does look the smallest on the Quest.:mad:

Cabin Number:7107

Ship: Journey

Date: August 2013

Would you choose again? Yes

Is noise an issue? No

Balcony size: small but adequate

Comment: Rear of ship. Very quiet and convenient position, we had a couple of rough seas but cabin location at rear was fine

Cabin Number: 7060

Date: January 2013

Would you choose again? Yes

Is noise an issue? No

Balcony size: small but adequate

Comment: Mid ship. Very quiet and convenient position. We found it a good location in rough seas we experienced in Drakes Passage

OOps sorry - you just cannot get the staff these days,

Azamara have all the good ones, I have the rejects!

Updated with the correct info, sorry

Just saw your spreadsheet....great idea and good job!

Here's info for Cabin 8059, Journey:

Date: Feb 13

Choose again: NO

Balcony: Std suite

Noise: Morning noise from moving furniture in grill area above

Other comments: Air cond did not work well, but was improved with maintenance. Window washers often soaked the balcony.

Suggest you ask Andy to make this a Sticky post, similar to the M class and S class threads for Celebrity. "librarylady19" maintains the S class spreadsheet and she has a link to it in her signature element. She is now booked and posting on the Az site.

We are in 8018 did you get any replies about 8019

No I did not get any replies but we have just got back.

Cabin Number 8019

Date September, 2013.

Choose again . YES

Balcony. YES

Is noise an issue. NO.

Comment. Even though we thought that we may have heard noise from above, because it just below the pool, we never heard a thing, even when they were washing the decks the night before disembarkation.

Cabin very close to stairs etc and just on deck up to pool and spa very convenient.

Balcony a little small with the large table but adequate.

Over all a very good cabin.