Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

7 hours ago, jcruizer said:

I thought it said that they would not recommend this cabin. Something about a vent that made the balcony unusable..

Best I look again...:)

You’re right, I didn’t scroll right far enough. Difficult to know whether that would apply on the other ships!

On 4/15/2024 at 7:35 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Cabin Number 8006

Ship Journey 

Month/Year sailed March 2024

Book again?  Yes 

Bulkhead one side so balcony private to the right. 

Phil 

Hi Phil,

Did you feel a lot of motion of the ship being forward? I'm considering 8004 or 8002 on the Onward. Also it looks like the bathrooms on deck 9 are right above these cabins. Any noise issues? 

Thanks!!

Monica

2 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

How did you like 8029 as far as any noise issues?

Thanks,

Monica

It's a future cruise, so I am unable give you any insight.

3 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Hi Phil,

Did you feel a lot of motion of the ship being forward? I'm considering 8004 or 8002 on the Onward. Also it looks like the bathrooms on deck 9 are right above these cabins. Any noise issues? 

Thanks!!

Monica

I've been advised (I think by Phil among others) that the last N1 (under the aft bathrooms) and first N2 port side cabins (under the Windows entrance) are the quietest – safe from pool chair or waiter cart noises.  [I hope that's right because I have 8056 on Journey (equivalent to 8048 on Onward) booked for next year!]  It should also apply to those under the forward bathrooms.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Hi Phil,

Thanks!!

Monica

If it's "bouncy" you'll notice it a lot more than midship, but I'm ok with the movement. Didn't hear anything from above. 

Phil 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If it's "bouncy" you'll notice it a lot more than midship, but I'm ok with the movement. Didn't hear anything from above. 

Phil 

Thanks for the information Phil. I ended up booking 8029 in the middle. Hopefully it won't be too noisy from the deck chairs above, at least at night time. 

Monica

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Thanks for the information Phil. I ended up booking 8029 in the middle. Hopefully it won't be too noisy from the deck chairs above, at least at night time. 

Monica

You'll be fine there and you have the added advantage of the solid bulkhead to one side so will have more balcony privacy with the verandah cabin next door and more soundproofing that side too. 

Phil 

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You'll be fine there and you have the added advantage of the solid bulkhead to one side so will have more balcony privacy with the verandah cabin next door and more soundproofing that side too. 

Phil 

Good to know about the soundproofing of one side, thanks!

Monica

Cabin Number 8060

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed April 2024

Would you choose this room again N

Is noise an issue Y

This a noisy part of the ship. There is exhaust or some kind of mechanical plant causing vibration and continuous low rumbling noise across the corridor from this suite. The aircon was turned up to create additional masking white noise.

2 hours ago, blag said:

Cabin Number 8060

Ship Journey

Is noise an issue Y

This a noisy part of the ship. There is exhaust or some kind of mechanical plant causing vibration and continuous low rumbling noise across the corridor from this suite. The aircon was turned up to create additional masking white noise.

We stay in 8056-8066 on every Azamara cruise.  I hear that noise in the hallway but have never heard it in the suite.  Best location for a CC suite, in my opinion:  walk-in shower, low traffic, carpeting overhead, minimal motion, easy access to dining venues, Mosaic and guest relations.

Will be in one of these suites for 55 days by the end of the year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blag said:

Cabin Number 8060

Ship Journey

Is noise an issue Y

I'm guessing the big white area across the hall is the funnel.

19 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm guessing the big white area across the hall is the funnel.

I think so too, hence my reference to exhaust. The noise is not excessively intrusive, but is clearly audible in the shower room. I would prefer a suite either two or three further forward or aft of 8060, so as to moderate the constant drone. 

7 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

We stay in 8056-8066 on every Azamara cruise.  I hear that noise in the hallway but have never heard it in the suite.  Best location for a CC suite, in my opinion:  walk-in shower, low traffic, carpeting overhead, minimal motion, easy access to dining venues, Mosaic and guest relations.

Will be in one of these suites for 55 days by the end of the year.

Agreed, the location is good. We've had both 8056 and 8066 in the past and not been bothered by the low rumble.

1 hour ago, blag said:

Agreed, the location is good. We've had both 8056 and 8066 in the past and not been bothered by the low rumble.

Interesting that it apparently affects that particular suite.  We always want a bow-facing bed, so maybe we've never done 8060 or its Onward equivalent.

8060 is one of my favourite suites. We were 17 days next door to it recently and never had any noise issues. Maybe it’s down to individual hearing and the frequencies that each person is affected by 

4 hours ago, uktog said:

8060 is one of my favourite suites. We were 17 days next door to it recently and never had any noise issues. Maybe it’s down to individual hearing and the frequencies that each person is affected by 

I am extremely sensitive to noise. And, of course, the evaluation of acceptability of noise is subjective.

8 minutes ago, blag said:

I am extremely sensitive to noise. And, of course, the evaluation of acceptability of noise is subjective.

I suspect given the flexibility built into ships structures to withstand vibration caused by more unpredictable wind and wave patterns unusual noise is something that’s potentially going to haunt you on ships regardless of their age 

And things can change overnight.  Recently on a cruise that had previously experienced quite rough seas the captain highlighted that he had sounds that appeared  through the night in his quarters which he had never heard in all the years he had slept there. 

Journey has recently had a few beatings at sea so I hope you’ve packed your earplugs - that’s what we do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I suspect given the flexibility built into ships structures to withstand vibration caused by more unpredictable wind and wave patterns unusual noise is something that’s potentially going to haunt you on ships regardless of their age 

This is the first occasion that noise has been sufficient for me to register a comment, irrespective of flexibility, wind or wave.

On 4/20/2024 at 2:39 AM, blag said:

Cabin Number 8060

Ship Journey

Is noise an issue Y

I agree with @uktog, this is one of my favorite suites and would stay here again.  Location is great, and no chair dragging above us.  

I completely understand the comment about some kind of humming noise outside of the suite.  I also wondered what this was, but noise did NOT bother me once we were inside our suite.  I was in Pursuit, though.

• Like 1

Anyone know anything about Onward 4028 I see on the Azamara website on all other ships this is an accessible room but not on this ship yet it still looks to be large as the booking says 228sqft. 

Any photos or details of the layout plus if it has a sofa or not. 

Thanks 

On 4/22/2024 at 1:48 AM, Dynacruiser said:

noise did NOT bother me once we were inside our suite.  I was in Pursuit, though.

Maybe the noise in this suite on Pursuit differs from that on Journey.