Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

On 10/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, cancruiseforever said:

We are in room# 8001 on the Onward, any comments would be appreciated . We know it's beneath the gym.

We were in this cabin for 2022 the cruise before Christmas. Liked it very much. Yes. Below the gym so we sometimes heard a dull Steady thumping as people ran and when someone dropped weights.    It never bothered us. The gym hours were 7am to 10 pm ( and still are as of Jan 2024)

You see the bridge officers going back and forth  and the captain since its right near their area.    Close to the forward stairs which was nice.   I don’t remember at the moment if it had a shower or bath tub. 

• Like 1

Hi we have cruised with Az a number of times.  I've booked a surprise cruise for my wife in September on Journey for her 60th.  Has anyone any experience of 6060 (cabin I specifically chose)?  I note on the spreadsheet that someone had an issue with the smell from a 'vent' in 6061 although it was a long while ago.  We usually sail on deck 7 or 8 so aren't entirely sure what the issue may be. 

3 hours ago, 150edmiston said:

Hi we have cruised with Az a number of times.  I've booked a surprise cruise for my wife in September on Journey for her 60th.  Has anyone any experience of 6060 (cabin I specifically chose)?  I note on the spreadsheet that someone had an issue with the smell from a 'vent' in 6061 although it was a long while ago.  We usually sail on deck 7 or 8 so aren't entirely sure what the issue may be. 

Hi, David. #6060 seems perfect. Btw there are no #6061 on Journey because of the positions of the accessible cabins.

Dawn 60???? Never!!!🫣😄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Hi, David. #6060 seems perfect. Btw there are no #6061 on Journey because of the positions of the accessible cabins.

Dawn 60???? Never!!!🫣😄

Hi Odd,  thanks for the reply and good to hear from you.  Time does fly!!  We are both retiring this year in March.

It was indeed the Quest that was mentioned in the cabin list but I was intrigued as to what the vent was and whether it was an issue near 6060 on Journey.  Hopefully not. 

Hope you and Synnøve are well and hopefully see you both sometime in the near future.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 150edmiston said:

Hi Odd,  thanks for the reply and good to hear from you.  Time does fly!!  We are both retiring this year in March.

It was indeed the Quest that was mentioned in the cabin list but I was intrigued as to what the vent was and whether it was an issue near 6060 on Journey.  Hopefully not. 

Hope you and Synnøve are well and hopefully see you both sometime in the near future.

Thanks. We can absolutely recommend retirement. 😁 We will do Quest in april and May and usually stay at home during summer months. Maybe we will cross paths 

• Like 1

Cabin Number: 6029

Ship: Onward

Month/Year sailed: December 2023

Would you choose this room again: Yes

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: No noise issues, closely located to the forward stairs. 

Hi all,

I took it upon myself to try to recreate the spreadsheet in Google Sheets, similar to the one for Celebrity. Using the documents pinned in reply #1, I have everything from there with the addition of references to the reply numbers where the information was posted - well, up to #500, so I have a way to go to complete that effort. Would there be any interest in having this shared for public access?

- John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

35 minutes ago, LoonBoarder said:

Hi all,

I took it upon myself to try to recreate the spreadsheet in Google Sheets, similar to the one for Celebrity. Using the documents pinned in reply #1, I have everything from there with the addition of references to the reply numbers where the information was posted - well, up to #500, so I have a way to go to complete that effort. Would there be any interest in having this shared for public access?

- John

Absolutely, well done!

Thank you @LoonBoarder!  I have updated post #1 with the link to this new spreadsheet.  

Note that it also has @uktog's instructions on how to post new cabin info.  This is a joint effort:  the spreadsheet can only be updated if people post their cabin info.  Thanks all! 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LoonBoarder said:

By request - here's a link to my take on the spreadsheet. Please let me know if you can't get to it!

It's still a work in progress; I have about 700 responses to this thread to go through...

Azamara Staterooms Spreadsheet

Beautifully formatted, and so easy to use. Thanks for updating it for us all!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Great spreadsheet. How do we make additions? I'm on Onward 4051.  While the cabin is close to access mosaic, front desk, and elevators, it is quite noisy. The dragging of the deck chairs above on the promenade happens early a.m. when they are setting up in addition to throughout the day. (I have requested several times that chairs are rolled on their wheels rather than shoved, to no avail)   Also, the proximity to the front desk access door means a lot of door slamming as crew access it frequently.  You also need to assess if you want to encounter a potential line of people waiting at the front desk as you come and go from your cabin.  I would not choose it again but think weighing this issues is a personal decision.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, java spot said:

Great spreadsheet. How do we make additions? I'm on Onward 4051.  While the cabin is close to access mosaic, front desk, and elevators, it is quite noisy. The dragging of the deck chairs above on the promenade happens early a.m. when they are setting up in addition to throughout the day. (I have requested several times that chairs are rolled on their wheels rather than shoved, to no avail)   Also, the proximity to the front desk access door means a lot of door slamming as crew access it frequently.  You also need to assess if you want to encounter a potential line of people waiting at the front desk as you come and go from your cabin.  I would not choose it again but think weighing this issues is a personal decision.

I've stayed in that spot a few times and haven't had an issue. Wonder if it's the loungers that are slightly different on Onward?  I noticed they set up a World Cruise dinner on the starboard side of the promenade deck. This can't have helped. They need to adjust the self close mechanism on the Guest Relations door. Ask them!

Phil 

• Like 2

Phil / I’ve stayed in this spot in other ships as well and specifically requested it. In the past these promenade chairs were heavy duty teak (ish) chairs that possibly were not moved around with such frequency. That’s the only explanation I can think of. You are right - the world cruise dinner did not help. And the tender action is also pretty noisy but that it predictable and not to be helped. Good idea on the door - for that matter all of the cabin doors should have better self closing hinges !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, java spot said:

Phil / I’ve stayed in this spot in other ships as well and specifically requested it. In the past these promenade chairs were heavy duty teak (ish) chairs that possibly were not moved around with such frequency. That’s the only explanation I can think of. You are right - the world cruise dinner did not help. And the tender action is also pretty noisy but that it predictable and not to be helped. Good idea on the door - for that matter all of the cabin doors should have better self closing hinges !

The only reason I say about the GR door is I've been in 4049 on the other ships and had exactly the sane thing and I asked them to look at the door closer. It worked. Hope you don't get disturbed too much. 

Phil 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 7:05 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

The only reason I say about the GR door is I've been in 4049 on the other ships and had exactly the sane thing and I asked them to look at the door closer. It worked. Hope you don't get disturbed too much. 

Phil 

#4050 or similar is a better choice, then. No doors in the corridor until the medical facilities.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

#4050 or similar is a better choice, then. No doors in the corridor until the medical facilities.

We’ve had several cabins around 4050 and love them. Very quiet yet easy access to guest relations and only 1 floor to Mosaic, Discoveries & The Den.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Have been offered 4047 and 4049 in the past, late on available accessible cabins, but yes, other side is good. 4054 a few times. 

Phil 

• Thanks 1

We're booked into 6054 on the Quest, one of the handicapped cabins. I've viewed a YouTube video of the cabin (very helpful) but the bathroom vanity is fairly small. It's lower (for wheelchair access) but it's hard to tell the storage capacity. Do the mirrors open to reveal a 'medicine cabinet'?  Can anyone describe the storage available?

George