Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

On 5/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, tyler6597 said:

Ship: Azamara Journey

Cabin: 8012, Veranda Plus

Cruise Date: 5-6-23- 5-18-23. 12 Nights Mediterranean Intensive

Pros: Sleeps 3. You get a bottle of liquor of your choice. (Within Reason) Near the elevator.

Cons: Cabin 8012 is directly across from the so-called flower shop, but it was also where the cabin stewards kept their carts and kept cabin supplies there, so they were going in and out frequently in the morning and the evening and the door slams shut. 

Tyler

8012 on Quest was close to elevators. Didn't notice any service doors. Maybe we just weren't there very often.

Edited by oddjob16

Cabin: 8052

Ship: Quest

Date: August 2023

Type: Club Continent Suite

Choose again: Yes

Noise: Not much. Just below storage section on pool deck and some noise when they set up for White Night. Can live with that.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:39 AM, laurieb said:

I haven't noticed many reports on Onward Club Continents; I tried looking back but too many pages. Am I missing current spreadsheet pages?  

I posted this after our b2b November 2022.  Really liked the cc cabins (this one was opposite crew door so try to avoid this one).  Have booked a cc for the World Cruise in 2024. Hope this helps.

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 8054

Month/Year sailed - November 2022

Would you choose this room again? - Not my first choice

Is noise an issue - crew door opposite and it can be noisey 

Balcony Size - standard cc balcony ** Onward has terrible balcony chairs, hopefully they will be replaced.

Cabin was lovely.  Lots of storage, nice walk in shower.  Spent 2 cruises in this cabin

• Like 1

We are sailing on the Journey in November 2024.  Does anyone know if the bathroom in the Owners suite will have been updated by then?  It goes into dry dock in December of this year, but I can’t find any information on what will be done.

4 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

We are sailing on the Journey in November 2024.  Does anyone know if the bathroom in the Owners suite will have been updated by then?  It goes into dry dock in December of this year, but I can’t find any information on what will be done.

What’s wrong with the bathroom?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

What’s wrong with the bathroom?

The Journey and Quest have the same Owner's Suite bathroom:

"I was just on the Pursuit and Quest in an Owner's suite. The bathroom in the Pursuit (6088) was wonderful. It had a large shower, toilet and double sinks.   There was a mirrored cabinet above each sink with lots of storage space and two large cabinets beneath the sinks.  There were also recessed shelves near the door for additional handy storage.  There was a separate powder room (toilet and sink) off the entry to the suite.  (Two toilets total.)

The bathroom in the Quest (6091) had the large bathtub, large shower and one sink with almost no storage.  The only storage space was a narrow shelf above the sink and a shelf beneath the sink almost at floor level.  There was a sliding door to the toilet.  There was a little sink by the toilet with a similar lack of storage space.  There was a door to the entry to the suite.  (Just one toilet.)

The good news is that Ryszard, the hotel director, told me that the Quest will be in drydock in March or April 2024 and the Owner's suite bathrooms will be redone to be the same as on the Pursuit."

Edited by FengShui@Sea

2 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

The Journey and Quest have the same Owner's Suite bathroom:

"I was just on the Pursuit and Quest in an Owner's suite. The bathroom in the Pursuit (6088) was wonderful. It had a large shower, toilet and double sinks.   There was a mirrored cabinet above each sink with lots of storage space and two large cabinets beneath the sinks.  There were also recessed shelves near the door for additional handy storage.  There was a separate powder room (toilet and sink) off the entry to the suite.  (Two toilets total.)

The bathroom in the Quest (6091) had the large bathtub, large shower and one sink with almost no storage.  The only storage space was a narrow shelf above the sink and a shelf beneath the sink almost at floor level.  There was a sliding door to the toilet.  There was a little sink by the toilet with a similar lack of storage space.  There was a door to the entry to the suite.  (Just one toilet.)

The good news is that Ryszard, the hotel director, told me that the Quest will be in drydock in March or April 2024 and the Owner's suite bathrooms will be redone to be the same as on the Pursuit."

I wrote the review quoted above based on my October and November 2022 cruises on the Pursuit and Quest.   I was on the Pursuit first.  Although the Quest bathroom wasn't as wonderful as the one on the Pursuit, it was still very nice.  I loved the bathtub. The only negative was the lack of storage space on the Quest after the massive amount of storage in the Pursuit bathroom. I put my toiletries on trays and they fit nicely under the sinks on the Quest.

• Like 2

We have been in 2 CW suites on Azamara:  6088 on Quest and 7114 on Journey.  Both had a separate tub and shower, and between the two parts of the bathroom we had plenty of storage [each of us took one sink as 'mine'].  Since we never put any water in the tub, that served as extra storage.  And just outside the larger part of the bathroom is so much storage that we never filled all the drawers and shelves, so back-up toiletries could go there too.  [Not to mention all the storage in the living room, which we never used at all.]  It's really hard to imagine anyone short of Jennifer Aniston [with her $8,000 a month beauty routine] not having enough storage or space in the CW bathrooms. 

• Like 1

We much prefer to have the option of a second toilet, as well as double sinks in the main bathroom.  The Onward is doing a similar itinerary to the Journey in November 2024, so if the Journey bathroom is not going to be updated we will probably switch. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We have been in 2 CW suites on Azamara:  6088 on Quest and 7114 on Journey.  Both had a separate tub and shower, and between the two parts of the bathroom we had plenty of storage [each of us took one sink as 'mine'].  Since we never put any water in the tub, that served as extra storage.  And just outside the larger part of the bathroom is so much storage that we never filled all the drawers and shelves, so back-up toiletries could go there too.  [Not to mention all the storage in the living room, which we never used at all.]  It's really hard to imagine anyone short of Jennifer Aniston [with her $8,000 a month beauty routine] not having enough storage or space in the CW bathrooms. 

The bathrooms in the CW suites on Journey and Quest are really not comparable with those on Pursuit and the three with walk in showers on Onward. 

• Like 1

Cabin: 9000

Ship: Quest

Date: August 2023

Type: Spa Suite

Choose again: Yes

Nice really large room with tons of closet space. 
A couple of possible issues:

Smoking area is behind cabin on pool deck. If in port and wind is blowing the right direction you will get smell on you balcony and in room if balcony door is open. No problem at sea. Only had this happen once on 14 day cruise

Noise: could be a problem for light sleepers. If you go to bed early you can hear the music from th living room above you. If you sleep in, you with hear people opening and closing the door to the spa starting about 6:00. We used earplugs and had no problems. 

We will be on the Onward in 8026 Club Continent suite for our upcoming trip. It has the tub/shower combo and I’m a bit concerned about it considering that I am not the most agile individual 😳 Does anyone have any pics of that or any other Onward CC with that combo?

Thank you.

53 minutes ago, azjoy said:

We're looking at a trans-Pacific cruise on Onward in 8050.  Has anyone been in that suite?  I'm concerned about noise.  2ndsailing mentioned a crew door opposite 8054, were there any other problems?

Thanks in advance

We were adjacent to that suite on a different Azamara ship, and the occupants had problems with noise from that crew access point - primarily arising from the door slamming. The occupants complained to Guest Relations, and the door was sealed!

On 9/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, azjoy said:

We're looking at a trans-Pacific cruise on Onward in 8050.  Has anyone been in that suite?  I'm concerned about noise.  2ndsailing mentioned a crew door opposite 8054, were there any other problems?

Thanks in advance

I think you should be ok in 8050 on the Onward.  We have 8048 booked for next year.

Thanks blag, 2ndsailing and Jazzbeau for your comments.  

We're on Journey and we went to 8 and told the butler we were interested.  He told us 8060 was empty and showed it to us.  

With your comments,  we are now happily booked into 8050 for our next Azamara cruise!  

10 hours ago, azjoy said:

Thanks blag, 2ndsailing and Jazzbeau for your comments.  

We're on Journey and we went to 8 and told the butler we were interested.  He told us 8060 was empty and showed it to us.  

With your comments,  we are now happily booked into 8050 for our next Azamara cruise!  

Wonderful. When is your cruise? Maybe we'll be neighbours

Edited by 2ndsailing

13 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

Wonderful. When is your cruise? Maybe we'll be neighbours

January, 2025.  San Diego - Hawaii - French Polynesia.  

As of 2 days ago, there were still CC suites available, but they were 8056 and aft on the port side and under the Patio on the starboard side.  Not sure about forward.  

Check it out, would love to see you the cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Quest  Club Continental cabin 8070

does any body sailed in this cabin that can give us some information ? Our invoice says there is 

30% obstruction view we are not sure if this information is correct 

Your input is greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

We are sailing on the Quest  Club Continental cabin 8070

does any body sailed in this cabin that can give us some information ? Our invoice says there is 

30% obstruction view we are not sure if this information is correct 

Your input is greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance

Yes, there is ship's superstructure that covers a small upper corner of the veranda at the rear.  Search on Azamara Quest and look for an image that shows the ship from the side.  It's not a big deal.