Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

3 hours ago, gddeluca said:

We're booked into 6054 on the Quest, one of the handicapped cabins. I've viewed a YouTube video of the cabin (very helpful) but the bathroom vanity is fairly small. It's lower (for wheelchair access) but it's hard to tell the storage capacity. Do the mirrors open to reveal a 'medicine cabinet'?  Can anyone describe the storage available?

George

While I haven’t been in that room specifically, let me give you a feel for the other rooms. l’ve only been in the 2 ocean views, 4047 and 4049.  Neither has very much, if any storage space in the bathroom!  I don’t believe any had hidden shelves behind a mirror either. I’m not sure there could have been anything one could reach from a chair.  There have been other interesting quirks on the Quest and Journey.  For example, the bathroom mirror wasn’t high enough for an able bodied companion. I belief that was fixed.  And, there is no mirror over the desk in at least one of the rooms so drying your hair was problematic.  As I recall the hair dryer was 110v and the plug near the huge mirror near the bed was 220v —- not an easy fix as a voltage converter is necessary for the hair dryer.  It’s been a bit of time so hopefully, previous complaints have fixed what can be fixed.  Please note, that that huge mirror has enough space for a wheelchair in front of it, I don’t recall if there was enough light to shave there.  

in one bathroom there was a huge table under the sink, it took me most of the trip to figure out where it had probably been moved from, and it didn’t seem convenient for storing things.  As you consider over the door devices like shoe hangers, remember that the robe/towel hooks are fairly low.  

We had European plug adapters and thoroughly enjoyed having the plugs that had been added bedside.  Most of our electronics run on both voltages.  Hairdryers, water picks, and electric toothbrush seem to be our only exceptions.  As I recall there were also USB plugs in the bottom of both of the lamp.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

On 1/28/2024 at 7:15 AM, java spot said:

Great spreadsheet. How do we make additions? I'm on Onward 4051.  While the cabin is close to access mosaic, front desk, and elevators, it is quite noisy. The dragging of the deck chairs above on the promenade happens early a.m. when they are setting up in addition to throughout the day. (I have requested several times that chairs are rolled on their wheels rather than shoved, to no avail)   Also, the proximity to the front desk access door means a lot of door slamming as crew access it frequently.  You also need to assess if you want to encounter a potential line of people waiting at the front desk as you come and go from your cabin.  I would not choose it again but think weighing this issues is a personal decision.

Hi - not sure whether I can (or should) open up the spreadsheet for general editing access. Any thoughts? I suppose if you put a post in this thread and tag me, I'll get a notification to go looking. I'm still way WAY behind on catching up from older posts, so bear with me -- just back from a week snowboarding in Breckenridge!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoonBoarder said:

Hi - not sure whether I can (or should) open up the spreadsheet for general editing access. Any thoughts? I suppose if you put a post in this thread and tag me, I'll get a notification to go looking. I'm still way WAY behind on catching up from older posts, so bear with me -- just back from a week snowboarding in Breckenridge!

Obviously it’s your choice, but I wouldn’t open it up, too much potential for it to get messed up. What is useful is making sure people know what you need to know by reposting the list of questions they need to answer ( cabin number, ship, sailing month & date, would you choose the room again, noise, balcony, size, other comments).

Hope you had a good time in Breckenbridge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Obviously it’s your choice, but I wouldn’t open it up, too much potential for it to get messed up. What is useful is making sure people know what you need to know by reposting the list of questions they need to answer ( cabin number, ship, sailing month & date, would you choose the room again, noise, balcony, size, other comments).

Hope you had a good time in Breckenbridge.

Agree. Author editing only. 

Phil 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LoonBoarder said:

In general don’t do it!  It’s too easy to mess it up even unintentionally.  If you want it not to die if you are away perhaps one of the moderators might at least have access if needed? 

OK, based on the quick feedback - I will NOT open the spreadsheet for editing, so if you want me to add information, please use the format that's been the "standard":

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Would you choose this room again Y/N

Is noise an issue Y/N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

I'm still catching up from older posts, so please be patient! Here's the link to the spreadsheet:

Azamara Staterooms Spreadsheet 

Edited by LoonBoarder
add link to spreadsheet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LoonBoarder said:

OK, based on the quick feedback - I will NOT open the spreadsheet for editing, so if you want me to add information, please use the format that's been the "standard":

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Would you choose this room again Y/N

Is noise an issue Y/N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

I'm still catching up from older posts, so please be patient! Here's the link to the spreadsheet:

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with searching in this thread? I've been looking to match up reply numbers with the information posted in the older spreadsheets, but can't find a number of the posts with the comments or cabin/stateroom numbers. Just a little frustrating...

9 hours ago, LoonBoarder said:

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with searching in this thread? I've been looking to match up reply numbers with the information posted in the older spreadsheets, but can't find a number of the posts with the comments or cabin/stateroom numbers. Just a little frustrating...

Uktog was the originator of the spreadsheet so she may be able to help.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:15 AM, java spot said:

Great spreadsheet. How do we make additions? I'm on Onward 4051.  While the cabin is close to access mosaic, front desk, and elevators, it is quite noisy. The dragging of the deck chairs above on the promenade happens early a.m. when they are setting up in addition to throughout the day. (I have requested several times that chairs are rolled on their wheels rather than shoved, to no avail)   Also, the proximity to the front desk access door means a lot of door slamming as crew access it frequently.  You also need to assess if you want to encounter a potential line of people waiting at the front desk as you come and go from your cabin.  I would not choose it again but think weighing this issues is a personal decision.

If you'd like, you can put this information in the "standard" format and I'll add it to the spreadsheet. I'm pretty much all caught up!

Once again, here's the link:

- John

Edited by LoonBoarder
Add link to spreadsheet
  • Like 1

Cabin Number. 4046

Ship.  Onward

Month/Year sailed. Dec 2024

Would you choose this room again Y

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller. Ocean View Cabin

Any other comments. Good central location, nice room!

2 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Cabin Number. 4046

Ship.  Onward

Month/Year sailed. Dec 2024

Would you choose this room again Y

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller. Ocean View Cabin

Any other comments. Good central location, nice room!

Are you a time traveler? 😉 Assume you meant you sailed in December 2023...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin number: 9000, Spa suite

Ship: Pursuit

Month/Year sailed: February 2024

Would you choose this cabin again: Yes because we love the location, the size of the cabin but/and realize it’s very noisy

Is noise and issue: yes, both in the evening and in the morning. We solved it by using earplugs and a sound machine (app on iPhone)

Balcony size: for one of the big suites, not particularly big, probably the same size as CC suite

Any other comments: nice big room with a fantastic bathroom and shower. Love the closeness to the living room and the spa/running track. Lots of noise as stated before, from doors banging and furniture being moved on top.

• Like 1

Cabin number: 7076 (Verandah)

Month/Year sailed: February 2024

Would you choose this cabin again: Yes 

Is noise and issue: no, despite it being opposite the laundry (but laundry not fully open)

Balcony size: same as all verandah cabins

Any other comments: nice location, close to lifts

• Like 3

Cabin Number: 7105

Ship: Journey

Month/Year Sailed February 2024

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Standard

Any other comments: Nice location towards centre/aft of ship. Noticibly less movement than at front of ship.

• Like 1

Cabin Number: 7090

Ship: Quest

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Standard

Any other comments: Nice location towards center of ship and just a few cabins from the elevators 

• Like 1

Cabin Number: 7040

Would you choose this cabin again: No

Is noise an issue: Yes

Inside cabin

Any other comments: crew prep area right opposite cabin.  Noise from crew, with the door opening increasing noise levels.  Often luggage rack left right outside our door, making access challenging.

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anyone been in 8041 on Onward? Any comments?We have it booked for Bordeaux to Barcelona in September

It is under Patio, but should be OK. Noise in the morning when they set up the tables.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anyone been in 8041 on Onward? Any comments?We have it booked for Bordeaux to Barcelona in September

I was in 8043 on Quest last year.  It was under Patio - extremely noisy.  Check if it is under Patio.  I would avoid.

6 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Cabin Number: 7040

Would you choose this cabin again: No

Is noise an issue: Yes

Inside cabin

Any other comments: crew prep area right opposite cabin.  Noise from crew, with the door opening increasing noise levels.  Often luggage rack left right outside our door, making access challenging.

Yes!  I had this cabin on Oceania many years ago.  That crew door location is common to all R ships and makes this cabin very noisy.