Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

On 9/14/2023 at 8:54 PM, SEA DOGY said:

We are sailing on the Quest  Club Continental cabin 8070

does any body sailed in this cabin that can give us some information ? Our invoice says there is 

30% obstruction view we are not sure if this information is correct 

Your input is greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry to be a doom merchant, but I was in 8070 on Quest and requested a move after the first day. The cabin is directly below the bussing station in Windows Cafe and has a tiled floor.  It was the subject of noise at all times of the day. If you can change then I would. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b645780e5fa600d207808c7ff469f0b.jpeg

Phil 

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm sorry to be a doom merchant, but I was in 8070 on Quest and requested a move after the first day. The cabin is directly below the bussing station in Windows Cafe and has a tiled floor.  It was the subject of noise at all times of the day. If you can change then I would. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b645780e5fa600d207808c7ff469f0b.jpeg

Phil 

2 hours ago, blag said:

We've been offered 8048 on Onward

I'd appreciate any comments or feedback. 

We’ve booked this cabin for our cruise starting next week, it’s the same location as 8056 on the other ships and is our preferred location. Quick access to the stairs & lifts and most importantly quiet, that said it’s under the beverage station in Windows and there’s been occasional noise when someone has dropped a tray but that’s pretty rare. Importantly for us it’s also has the walk in shower, being on a bulkhead the balcony also has a solid partition on one side which helps if you value privacy.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:36 AM, Vivasea said:

Have sailed many times with Azamara Always try to book Continental Suite NI.  We prefer suite with shower but have been in both and no complaints.  For us personally we like to be 8049 area.  Of course its what is available at booking.  Always look at deck plan to see what you are underneath.  You will be happy with Continental Suite.

Was your cabin 8049 on the Onward or one of the other ship? I understand the Onward deck plan is different from the others.

Thanks,

Monica

15 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Was your cabin 8049 on the Onward or one of the other ship? I understand the Onward deck plan is different from the others.

Thanks,

Monica

We were on Quest in 8043 for 6 weeks in April/May  .  This cabin in under Patio - I would not book cabin under Patio - very noisy

6 hours ago, Vivasea said:

We were on Quest in 8043 for 6 weeks in April/May  .  This cabin in under Patio - I would not book cabin under Patio - very noisy

Thanks. I don't have a lot of choices. I ended up booking 8033. It's under the pool lounge chairs, so I expect some noise, but hopefully not as noisy as under the Patio.

Monica

• 4 weeks later...

Cabin Number:  7089

Ship:  Pursuit

Month/Year:  October 2023, Croatia

Choose Again:  yes

Noise:  No issue

Balcony Size:  standard veranda

Comments:  Close to stairs/elevator. One wall of veranda is a solid wall, not a divider.

Cabin: 8021 (Club Continental Suite)

Ship:   Onward, October 2023

Noise: Near silence, other than occasional noise from loungers moving above during the day.  I'm a light sleeper and was not woken by noise.

Unlike 8055 on Journey earlier in the year, I was not disturbed by the aircon.

Balcony: Happy with the good sized balcony; the discomfort from the notorious chair backs can be somewhat overcome with a beach towel out of the wardrobe
Other things: Bed was very comfortable.  Location great.  Shower in a CC cabin easily big enough.  The bathroom layout with the basin & mirror on the corridor wall and the WC in the far corner was probably better than the layout on Journey.  More than enough storage.  Comfortable seat and desk chair. 

Book again?: Without question, yes!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, cancruiseforever said:

Since this is a cabin thread, i will ask if anyone is familiar with Club Continent Suite 8001 on the Onward. we know it's just below the exercise area. We were hoping that since most of us old farts don't do that kind of thing any advise would be appreciated

It’s a great suite, we had it last year. Quiet and right beside stairs and elevators. 

We also had Elro as our butler and he is the best.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:41 AM, Nanna5 said:

looking for information on Cabin 8031 Anyone know if noise is an issue?  We are sailing the Antartica Feb. 18

In case you don't get a response, I'll give you my OPINION about the area:  No concerns.

I have not stayed in that room, but have stayed in the area, and I don't have anything negative to say about it.   Many of the rooms on Deck 8 will experience some noise during the day as people move their pool loungers, but nothing significant unless you were expecting a room with zero noise (maybe deck 7 will give you quieter rooms, although a few of the walls separating some rooms allow more noise than others in deck 7).  

The rooms below the Patio tend to be noisier because people drag the chairs and tables quite a bit, but I have stayed in those rooms, and the noise just forced me not to stay in my room during seadays.  After 10 or 11 pm, even those rooms are mostly quiet.

Enjoy your cruise, and please come back and share your opinion about the room.

17 hours ago, Dynacruiser said:

In case you don't get a response, I'll give you my OPINION about the area:  No concerns.

I have not stayed in that room, but have stayed in the area, and I don't have anything negative to say about it.   Many of the rooms on Deck 8 will experience some noise during the day as people move their pool loungers, but nothing significant unless you were expecting a room with zero noise (maybe deck 7 will give you quieter rooms, although a few of the walls separating some rooms allow more noise than others in deck 7).  

The rooms below the Patio tend to be noisier because people drag the chairs and tables quite a bit, but I have stayed in those rooms, and the noise just forced me not to stay in my room during seadays.  After 10 or 11 pm, even those rooms are mostly quiet.

Enjoy your cruise, and please come back and share your opinion about the room.

Thanks for your response! We went ahead and booked 8031. The only available balconies on 7 were closer to the front of the ship.  In case we have a rough sailing around Antartica, I'd rather be a little closer to midship.

I will post about the room when we return!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 1:42 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

8050 on Onward is equivalent to 8058 on the other Azamara ships, and is considered one of the best CC locations (shower, less noise from overhead than most).  

Would 8060 be similar (less noise from above) being next to 8058?

Thanks,

Monica