Any Speculation on Vision 2014?

I was on the Vision last month. I was talking to the Loyalty Ambassador when we were booking our next cruise. Next year, the Legend will be replacing the Vision for 10/11nt sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale.

The Loyalty Ambassador did tell me where Vision was going next yr, but I cannot remember what she said. It might have been Cartagena/Panama, but I really didn't pay that much attention.

If Majesty's final sailing is April, Vision is a good choice as a replacement. RC site shows her repositioning to Miami in April 2014 so . . . . who knows?

Could be. She is repositioning from Colon, Panama to Miami on the 12th of April and she is not going to Europe so no Transatlantic for her.Looks like she indeed will replace the Majesty..

There is another possible clue.

Vision arrives to Miami following her transatlantic on the 10th of November and does not sail for Panama until the 13th of November, following a 2 night Bahamas cruise on the 11th of November. The port of Miami website does not show an overnight in Miami, indicating a possible one night cruise to nowhere on November 10th.

She is revitalized just prior to the crossing and this might be some sort of event to introduce the ship for a Miami event or maybe is something being done for the Miami office or agents.

The website that usually even shows ship charters (that can not be mentioned here) does not show what is happening for this one night the 10th of November yet.

I'm sure all us crystal ball gazers are figuring on the Majesty to be the next one spun out of the fleet since she is only a year newer than the Monarch. Besides the age issue, I read somewhere that one of the reasons the reasons the Monarch is leaving is because it is either difficult/expensive/impossible (one or more of those) to keep the ship compliant with the new emission standards in place for US coastal waters. This will not be a concern for the Monarch's new itinerary which will be Southern Caribbean and South America. I guess it is logical to assume that the Majesty will face similar issues and something from the Vision class look likely candidates for her replacement.

It would seem odd that they would add so many specialty restaurants to a ship that would do 3 or 4 night sailings, but then again that might be a factor in generating repeat sailings as there is always something to try the next time. They would not have sea days to generate even more revenue from these restaurants if they continue always closing them in port.

They only enhanced Enchantment with Park Café and R Bar.

It would seem odd that they would add so many specialty restaurants to a ship that would do 3 or 4 night sailings, but then again that might be a factor in generating repeat sailings as there is always something to try the next time. They would not have sea days to generate even more revenue from these restaurants if they continue always closing them in port.

They only enhanced Enchantment with Park Café and R Bar.

The Enchantment also has Chops Grille.

May to December would be rainy season for Panama. Even this years cruises in November are at risk for very heavy rain in Panama.

It is true that most of the other ports on the Southern Caribbean cruises just see quick moving storms October to January

The Enchantment also has Chops Grille.

Exactly, they did not add Giovani's Table, Izumi Aisian Cuisine nor Chef's Table as they are currently planning for Vision. They choose the word 'enhanced' for Enchantment, while choosing to call the Vision's revitalization, 'renovated'

Do not know if that means anything.

If she was going to be based in Colombia, why would they reposition her from Panama to Miami?

Perhaps the Vision will be operating the same way the Grandeur is on the same route this year. You can either embark in Colon or Cartagena.

• 2 weeks later...
Bring her back to LA where she belongs....we will love her again just like we did before she left for the Mariner to come to the West Coast!

Mike

There have been rumors that it will return to LA. The RCCL calendar pages now show 'Mexico' and 'Pacific Northwest' color bars (top of the page). They were not there a month ago.

Still not getting my hopes up just yet, but I already have my cabin list ready to go. :)

Archived