Crown and Anchor Points not Family Friendly?

wpt1

HAL has a slightly different system. You still get 1 point per night of the cruise. Double that if you book a suite. But you also get 1 point for each $300 of onboard spending. I'm a 2 star Mariner after one collectors cruise. :D

Same here, and if memory serves me right, I also received additional points for something else......booking specialty restaurants, I think. I am also 2 star after only one cruise.

Hiya,

I've book a cruise for my family this summer on Oasis, my wife & I and our 2 teenaged kids. We've booked 2 cabins and because of the ages of our kids I'm primary in one, my wife is primary in the other... The issue is, I will only get credit for one cabin, while my wife gets credit for the other... we cannot combine or merge or what ever... We have always used the account under my name and this cruise will give us 7 more points only, leaving me at 29, one short of the next level. Yet I paid for two cabins!?!?

my wife and I always cruise together, this is our 4th...

I asked RCL on their online chat and they said that is it...

GRRRRR it seems to not reward you fully... no incentive to bring an extended family...

Am I missing something?

Perhaps I should not be as loyal next time... maybe try princess lines???

I've sent an email to RCL asking about it...

Will post any follow up info...

I dunno, it just doesn't seem right, pay for 2 cabins but get credit for only one!?!?

laters....

Seems fair to me. How many points were you expecting?

• 4 years later...

first of all I asked this same question and I am only responding because of some of the other responses to the OP. first of all while I accept that this is the way it is from Royal Caribbean I also thought since I reserved 2 suites I should received the points from both rooms. many of you responded with the analogy of frequent flier miles. and I will respond with the analogy of loyalty points for hotels. if I book two rooms at the Marriott with my rewards number I get points for both rooms. again I understand that is not the way it works for royal caribbean but I do not think it was an unreasonable question

Hotel points are different to airline miles, you're right about that (I have collected Hilton points for an entire group of us who stayed somewhere for a week ;))

These systems have pros for some and cons for others. You're not getting to be diamond as quick but your kids will be diamond by the time they're taking their kids on cruises (assuming you have been picking up C&A points for them). You have to look at it that way.

Yup. My husband gets pissed about the same thing!! We book a cabin for us and one for them all with his credit and we get only the points for one room. Doesn't matter how many you book and pay for. If he and his dd are listed in one and me and my dd in another it wouldn't matter still only get points for one. My pet peeve is that my dd's first cruise she was 18 while his was 16. So his dd now has our status while mine is still only gold. But thats just how the cookie crumbles. Looking forward to cruising in August!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Does this status change apply to anyone who sails with you (i.e. my boyfriend) or is it only if we are legally married?

Only if you have the same address. If he does not live with you, he will not share your status and cannot enjoy the perks of your status. Although, he will check in with you and depart with you too, regardless of his status.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yup. My husband gets pissed about the same thing!! We book a cabin for us and one for them all with his credit and we get only the points for one room. Doesn't matter how many you book and pay for. If he and his dd are listed in one and me and my dd in another it wouldn't matter still only get points for one. My pet peeve is that my dd's first cruise she was 18 while his was 16. So his dd now has our status while mine is still only gold. But thats just how the cookie crumbles. Looking forward to cruising in August!!

There are four people, four sets of points. If your husband has a higher status than you, you should be able to get that too.

Does this status change apply to anyone who sails with you (i.e. my boyfriend) or is it only if we are legally married?

Marriage doesn't matter. You each get credit in your own account.

I'm not understanding you. You get credit for one cabin and he gets credit for the other. I've booked cabins that way many times. Each person in said cabin gets credit too. Even the 16 year old, which means nothing until she's 18. But then she too has status. If you didn't get credit an error was made and you can always request it.

first of all I asked this same question and I am only responding because of some of the other responses to the OP. first of all while I accept that this is the way it is from Royal Caribbean I also thought since I reserved 2 suites I should received the points from both rooms. many of you responded with the analogy of frequent flier miles. and I will respond with the analogy of loyalty points for hotels. if I book two rooms at the Marriott with my rewards number I get points for both rooms. again I understand that is not the way it works for royal Caribbean but I do not think it was an unreasonable question

I have booked and paid for additional CL suites, on top of my own. Both times my in-laws who were in the extra cabin got the double points, even though all they paid for was their on board accounts. If you are paying for another's cabin you need to accept the fact that you like those people enough that you don't get their points. I'd love to get them, but it is just they way it is.

On a side note, I love your user name. If you check my avatar pic (1970 Boss 429) you can guess that we have a garage full of Mustangs.

Hiya,

Am I missing something?

Perhaps I should not be as loyal next time... maybe try princess lines???

Yes

You can read the terms and conditions of each level on the site and that will cover all your questions

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas

Feel free to sail princess, you don't need our permission

As spouses, you both enjoy the status of whoever has the most points, so it really doesn't hurt you at all.

I am confused as to what you feel you are not getting? You get 7 points for the 7 nights. So does your wife and so do each of your teens. You would get the same 7 points each if you were all in the same room together or if your wife and you were in one cabin and the teens in another.

The points are for the nights YOU spend on a cruise ship, not for the rooms you pay for. Likewise, the "miles" earned as a frequent traveler are for the passenger who flies, not for whoever pays for the ticket.

Don't forget the kids get points also. They also, get the same status as their parents until I believe reaching 17. My kids became D even though they did not have sufficient nights/points on their own.

wow, thanks all... very informative... really I had no idea.... guess this is the reality check of how it is....

thanks!

wpt

The one thing that is different is that RCI does allow you to get C&A memberships for your kids so that they can start earning points now too with each cruise they take. I think NCL only allows 18 and older to join loyalty program. I am not sure about other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

first of all I asked this same question and I am only responding because of some of the other responses to the OP. first of all while I accept that this is the way it is from Royal Caribbean I also thought since I reserved 2 suites I should received the points from both rooms. many of you responded with the analogy of frequent flier miles. and I will respond with the analogy of loyalty points for hotels. if I book two rooms at the Marriott with my rewards number I get points for both rooms. again I understand that is not the way it works for royal caribbean but I do not think it was an unreasonable question

So you want quadruple nights as suites get double nights. Hey, I like you reasoning as I paid for 3 cabins for the family on Easter and I deserve triple nights. This is probably the only way I can approach Pinnacle. LOL

My parents paid for 6 cabins on an Enchantment 4-nighter and only got 4 points.

I paid the difference to upgrade to a JS, got 8 points.

And all those points my kids have earned that I paid for. And the one time I paid for my mother in law to join us. I definitely deserve those points for sharing a two bedroom suite with my mother in law. :halo: