Add a poll for alcohol package

CPA92

Can someone add a poll here to see how many of us ( me!) would purchase an alcohol package?

I don't know how to include a poll in a forum message

Just a simple yes, no, maybe response to the poll question should be sufficient

I will cast the first vote. Mine is a "no".

I don't mind responsible drinkers, but when you provide an unlimited package, I see that as inviting people to drink as much as they can to get their money's worth and more. That was the one concept I didn't like about a Carnival Cruise. Everywhere you turned, there was a waiter/waitress asking if you wanted a drink.

Life experiences can be enhanced without a glass in the hand. I am not against alcohol. I will occasionally have a glass of wine or a mixed drink. I prefer natural highs.

To each his/her own.

Renee

Bought the package on Celebrity and loved it. Aside from the alcohol, we also got unlimited bottled water. We are on the CB in April. I called to ask about alcohol package and was told none existed currently. They also have nothing that includes bottled water.

I don't mind responsible drinkers, but when you provide an unlimited package, I see that as inviting people to drink as much as they can to get their money's worth and more. That was the one concept I didn't like about a Carnival Cruise. Everywhere you turned, there was a waiter/waitress asking if you wanted a drink.

Life experiences can be enhanced without a glass in the hand. I am not against alcohol. I will occasionally have a glass of wine or a mixed drink. I prefer natural highs.

To each his/her own.

Renee

Well said!

My vote is NO, as well

Princess and HAL are two of the few lines without one. Most others have jumped on the drink package bandwagon. At this point I'm on the fence. We have free drink packages on our Celebrity cruise in April, I'll reserve judgement until I've tried it. I do know I would not be interested in RCL's package as its house wine and doesn't include everything that celebrity's does. Looking forward to trying it out for free :)

Looking at Celebrity prices, it appears that the cheapest drink package is $44/person/night. Assuming there is a 15% gratuity, the cost for the two of us would be about $100/day. Ignoring the two bottles of wine we can bring on board without corkage and the 10 beers that we trade the alcoholic portion of the mini-bar set-up for, together we drink no more than two mixed drinks and a bottle of wine a day. I am fine with "free" hot/iced tea and water but add a coffee card for DW. For a seven day cruise, that total cost is less that $60/day and we don't need to buy any extra cost bottles of wine if we want some in our cabin. If we are on a 10 day cruise, the Silver wine package would decrease the per bottle cost by $8 and there would still be only one coffee card so our cost would be reduced to $50/day. Under either scenario, why would we want to by a drink package?

We bought 10 bottle wine package, but would not buy alcohol package. We did buy a couple bottles of vodka for our cabin, but one cocktail a day is our limit. As it was we ended up bringing home 2 bottles from the wine package, but that is because we brought on several bottles. Next time may just buy wine package because it's easier. They need to make it available on more itineraries.

To each his/her own.

Renee

Fully agree.

Archived