Laundry

catsym

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help, never sailed with celebrity before and are going on the silhouette in July. Have just realized there are no self service laundry on board and am wondering if there are irons available either in the stateroom or on request, can't imagine not being able to give clothes a freshen up when they come out of my suitcase. Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me.

Celebrity has no irons available for passenger use, and you are not allowed to bring irons or clothes steamers on board with you.

Passengers have many methods for dealing with wrinkles.

Some hang their clothes in the bathroom while they shower and let the steam do its job

Some send theirs own for pressing

Some use products like Downy Wrinkle Release spray or make their own home-made version out of liquid fabric softener, diluted.

Some pack using tissue paper or dry cleaner bags between layers of clothes

Some choose wrinkle-resistant clothes

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help, never sailed with celebrity before and are going on the silhouette in July. Have just realized there are no self service laundry on board and am wondering if there are irons available either in the stateroom or on request, can't imagine not being able to give clothes a freshen up when they come out of my suitcase. Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me.

Nope, no irons....

Laundry service is available, but it's not cheap.

Laundry Services

Item Price

Jacket $5.95

Pants $4.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Sweater $4.95

Shorts $3.95

Dress $7.95

Skirt $4.95

Pajamas $3.95

Handkerchief $1.95

T-shirt $2.95

Undergarments $1.95

Swimsuit $2.95

Socks, pair $1.95

Dry-Cleaning

Item Price

Suit

$12.95

Jacket $7.95

Pants $5.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Sweater $6.95

Shorts $4.95

Dress $12.95

Skirt $5.95

Necktie/Tie $3.95

Pressing Only

Item Price

Suit $5.95

Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Skirt $3.95

Certainly revenue, but also the avoidance of fights between passengers over washers and dryers (yes, these do happen), not having to deal with people not reading directions of how much detergent to use and causing flooded hallways, misuse by people who try to dye clothing in the ship's machines and ending up ruining other passenger's clothing. All of the above happened on one single cruise on a line which has passenger self-serve machines.

Certainly revenue, but also the avoidance of fights between passengers over washers and dryers (yes, these do happen), not having to deal with people not reading directions of how much detergent to use and causing flooded hallways, misuse by people who try to dye clothing in the ship's machines and ending up ruining other passenger's clothing. All of the above happened on one single cruise on a line which has passenger self-serve machines.

Not to mention the people that dry their oil soaked bathing suits in the dryers leaving an oily film and then then the next person tries to dry their whites and they get all messed from the oils.

Irons are a safety hazard but I have heard that some people use the flat hair irons for their clothes....me...I just wear the wrinkles! I am on vacation and we all come out of suitcases!

Archived