What happens at top tier invitation only parties?

Had an invite on Majesty, but didn't go. What's it all about?

Here is bigger picture.

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u557/wotchermuggle/IMG_8330_zps8ef123c7.jpg

In my experience (perhaps it varies ship to ship?) it's been just another past guest cocktail party with fewer people where the senior officers are persent and will mingle with guests, some free drinks will be served, and someone will give a little speech at the end.

I enjoy them, particularly the ones I attended on Oasis on the bow of the ship.

In my experience (perhaps it varies ship to ship?) it's been just another past guest cocktail party with fewer people where the senior officers are persent and will mingle with guests, some free drinks will be served, and someone will give a little speech at the end.

I enjoy them, particularly the ones I attended on Oasis on the bow of the ship.

That pretty much sums it up. My most recent one on Jewel, the crew members really made us feel welcome, the Loyalty Ambassador gave us updates on rumors, you know the ones people here will debunk it 5 seconds. ;). The Captain in this case also gave us an update on "the docking situation" that day in Costa Maya and how he told the Disney captain to "grow a pair"

I think it really depends on how many C&A members there are onboard as to how "worth it" they can be. Our two "extremes".

On our Navigator Med cruise they held the party on the peek a boo bridge during on of the sailaways with lots of drinks and snacks. I think they ended up with maybe 40 people. The officers all showed up and chatted with each of us for a while. It was really nice.

On Allure this past June, however, the party was in the main theater with a special show. The officers got up on stage and did a little speech. We each got one drink as we walked in and a few snacks (if you could grab them). The theater was pretty full. Yes, the show was nice but it was maybe 10 minutes. Not sure I would go again if that's how the next one is.

Others have been somewhere in between the above.

We had 2 invites last week - returning cruisers and top tier, I believe... didn't bring the invites home. Free champage at both, but the captain showed up for just the returning cruisers, I believe. I think they had better "treats" at the Meet & Mingle... chocolate covered strawberries and such... but I could be mixing up my events... they all run together! Still exhausted!

I think it really depends on how many C&A members there are onboard as to how "worth it" they can be. Our two "extremes".

On our Navigator Med cruise they held the party on the peek a boo bridge during on of the sailaways with lots of drinks and snacks. I think they ended up with maybe 40 people. The officers all showed up and chatted with each of us for a while. It was really nice.

On Allure this past June, however, the party was in the main theater with a special show. The officers got up on stage and did a little speech. We each got one drink as we walked in and a few snacks (if you could grab them). The theater was pretty full. Yes, the show was nice but it was maybe 10 minutes. Not sure I would go again if that's how the next one is.

Others have been somewhere in between the above.

My experiences have been about the same.

Momnarch's were the best. They had lots of free drinks/snacks, live music and all past guests could come. You could stop by there, get a nice buzz and then venture out into Nassau. :D

Allure's was just as you've described. A nice little show from the show cast, but it was awkward being in the theater and it was hard to get drinks.

Most of the top tier events we have been to were the cocktail parties with champagne, wine and a rum punch served along with hors d'heurves. Many of the staff were present along with the cpatina for a while. The best one was on our 14 night Ultimate Alaska Cruise which was a luncheon in the main dining room with 3 entrees, mimosas or champagne and a full meal. Every table had an officer at the table with the passengers for the meal. It was really nice!

Mary Anne

Most of the top tier events we have been to were the cocktail parties with champagne, wine and a rum punch served along with hors d'heurves. Many of the staff were present along with the cpatina for a while. The best one was on our 14 night Ultimate Alaska Cruise which was a luncheon in the main dining room with 3 entrees, mimosas or champagne and a full meal. Every table had an officer at the table with the passengers for the meal. It was really nice!

Mary Anne

Sorry ... this struck me so funny! I hope the passengers were tasty.:eek::D;)

You talk like I do!

Mary Anne

That sounds fabulous! The last few cruises. I have sailed EOS and they had a special ice show in the afternoon. They served drinks as you entered the ice rink. Had a great time but yours sounds better.

Most of the top tier events we have been to were the cocktail parties with champagne, wine and a rum punch served along with hors d'heurves.... The best one was on our 14 night Ultimate Alaska Cruise which was a luncheon in the main dining room....

Yes, we have always had cocktail parties too but on our Brilliance Med cruise, they invited us to a buffet breakfast in the Colony Club. It was glorious, loved it! Mind you, I'd say there were only about 30 people there - must have been a somewhat smaller upper tier of passengers that voyage.

Is the top tier event on Allure still held on the heli pad during sail away from Nassau?

In January, the top tier on the Allure was held in the Amber Theater - and it was FULL! Perhaps there were too many Diamond (and above) to have it on the helipad....

As someone upthread said, we were given a free drink when we arrived, but it was weird...couldn't really socialize with each other, as we were in the theater - with row seating. The singers/dancers performed, and then Ken Rush and the Captain spoke briefly...as well as the Loyalty Ambassador.

In January, the top tier on the Allure was held in the Amber Theater - and it was FULL! Perhaps there were too many Diamond (and above) to have it on the helipad....

As someone upthread said, we were given a free drink when we arrived, but it was weird...couldn't really socialize with each other, as we were in the theater - with row seating. The singers/dancers performed, and then Ken Rush and the Captain spoke briefly...as well as the Loyalty Ambassador.

On NAV in February we had the top tier event in the theater. I didn't like it at all. It limits mingling and is a lot less social event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been to the top tier that starts with Platinum but is there another one for Diamond and above?

No fleetwide formal Diamond and above event. Individual ships have latitude in how they honor guests, so you may see something like that from time to time.

Has anyone ever parked at Premier Parking at Bayonne NJ? Premier Parking also has garage in Port Everglades.

Thanks Sue

:confused: East Coast Departures Board will be the place to find/ask for this info.

My last Allure cruise also had this event in the theater. There also was a short show by the cast of Chicago and then the captain, hotel manager, and CD spoke. Free beverages and light snacks were provided.

Archived