sweet 16 balcony or upgrade to concierge?

gail8

We just booked on the Summit at a great price on a 2C and got one of the sweet 16 balconies. Our friends booked concierge class and I was considering upgrading to be near them but now am unsure whether I should. The difference is $200 each. Any opinions? :confused:

Thanks Gail

We just booked on the Summit at a great price on a 2C and got one of the sweet 16 balconies. Our friends booked concierge class and I was considering upgrading to be near them but now am unsure whether I should. The difference is $200 each. Any opinions? :confused:

Thanks Gail

If it were me, I would keep the smaller 2C for the wonderful balcony unless you can get one of the CC's with a larger balcony.

Anne

Being Elite, I don't find the CC cabin perks to be worth the extra $$ -- the only way we'd book one would be superior location (like the aft). We had one of the fabulous corner Sweet Sixteen's on Millie, and I absolutely loved it!. However, we did make a couple of jokes about the balcony being almost as big as the room! :p ;)

In general I do not think $200 pp for a CC is worth it, although on M class you get a bigger room. Recently sailed in a Sweet 16 on Summit. The balcony was very nice, but of course the room is the same. Pros and cons about being so far forward. They are close to the front elevators so that is convenient (can easily pop down to the T-pool, one of my very favorite places and if you are Elite, it is close to the lounge where they have the cocktail hour - regardless of which location in which it is held).

We had good seas. If you do not have good seas, it can get pretty rocky that far front. Just sailed on Equinox in a similar location and while the seas were generally good, even when they were mild the up and down motion was starting to get to me one day. I always thought being far forward could not be worse, motion-wise, than being far aft. I was wrong in some respects. In the back of the ship, you get some side-to-side rocking along with normal rocking which can also get to me but when I lay down I usually feel fine. Upfront, you don't get the side-to-side but I really noticed the up and down motion alot more, even when I was laying down. If you are not subject to motion sickness, no problem. If you are, you may want to consider that risk

Thanks for the quick replies. We don't mind the small cabin and like the big balcony idea. Motion is questionable. Last cruise we had a oceanview at the front over the bridge (felt like I was the captain) and it was fine but we had good seas. Hmmm :confused:

Gail

We had one of the fabulous corner Sweet Sixteen's on Millie, and I absolutely loved it!. However, we did make a couple of jokes about the balcony being almost as big as the room! :p ;)

The Sweet 16 cabins are toward the front of the ship. Are you talking about the Family Verandas on the back corners? Different animal.

Depends on your perspective and if you are already Elite Captain's Club tier IMHO. I would think if you are already Elite, the extra point is somewhat moot, although at some point there will be a higher tier.

I would like to try a hump cabin for the larger balcony. :)

Not sure how this answers the OPs question about advantage of upgrading to a CC from a Sweet 16?? I think we'd all like to book SS and above if we could afford it:D

Aren't the CC rooms on Millennium class larger than standard balconies? I know it is only 20 something square ft--but it seems to make a difference in the room.

Otherwise--I think the CC benefits are pretty useless.

Archived