Packing cubes heys or ebags?

DH wears an XL in shirts and I fit 10 in the largest of the eBag packing cubes in the 3 piece set. This was a combination of tees and polo shirts. The medium one held all his socks and underwear for an 11 night cruise and the small one held all my sox and undies. I now have another set of just the mediums so now I can use them for my tees and tops. I want a set of the assorted slim ones but they are always out of those!

SueBabe I use the packing cubes for my slacks and blouses and undies and bras, items like dresses or nice evening tops go in my suitcase in the upper garmet section. DH used his for sock T Shirts etc his shirts were on hangers again in his Garmet suitcase. I bought a set of Recardo luggage a few years ago and each suitcase down to the carryon, has an upper garmet section, the bottom of the suitcase holds the packing cubes and shoes.

I stand corrected on comparing the bundle method to that of the packing folder.

So when you finally pack it up (the folder) do you take the board with you or leave it at home?

I take the board it is the final layer of the packing folder - I need it for the re-packing of everything also. Jan

I LOVE my eBags cubes. DH uses the Eagle Creek folder, too. I think he can pack every shirt he owns plus the cat in that thing!

Someone asked about the slim cubes and I can tell you that they are probably my favorite. I use one for flat iron/curling iron, etc. One houses medicines, bank aids, playing cards, nail stuff, etc. The last one holds all the chargers required for phones, eReaders, iPads, etc. Obviously you can combine these items or whatever you need but I can tell you that the slim ones are wonderful.

I'm going to Cuba next month and staying for just over two weeks. We are restricted to 44 lbs each and will have to cart our own bags around at times; I've really got to figure that one out. Packing cubes to the rescue!

And what brings you to Cuba? Did you get the required permit, unlike JayZ and Beyonce.

SueBabe I use the packing cubes for my slacks and blouses and undies and bras, items like dresses or nice evening tops go in my suitcase in the upper garmet section. DH used his for sock T Shirts etc his shirts were on hangers again in his Garmet suitcase. I bought a set of Recardo luggage a few years ago and each suitcase down to the carryon, has an upper garmet section, the bottom of the suitcase holds the packing cubes and shoes.

Perfect, thanks for the detailed info!

I love the long skinny cubes. I pack on hangers and the skinny's fit on the edges packed with undies and other small items. Very quick unpacking - hang the clothes - put cubes in drawers or on shelves.

I've used eBags and Magellan's. I've also used the folders for shirts and the compression bags. The problem with the compression bags is they end up irregular, so may not fit as well. Folders are great for suitcases! I've had one of my packing folders from Eagle Creek for 15-20 years!

Also, measure the space between the rods in you suitcase, because if you can get the right size, you can utilize that space as well.

After having everything dumped out of my carry-ons in security, we always use packing cubes for those odds and ends. They can run the packing cube through the scanner.

Wow so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have never heard of either ebags or heys cubes. DD is going on a Semester at Sea in the Fall and really can't bring more than one or two pieces of luggage for the 3+ month semester. These may be a great idea for her. She usually uses her large duffle bag on wheels for our cruises. Would you all recommend them and how do they work? I would love more information about them if you are willing to share. Thanks in advance! :)

Lots of good info. Hubby and I are going on a 7 day cruise in June, now I just have to figure out which is best the folder or the cubes.

I'm having the same trouble.....I think I'm going with all cubes....but those packing folders are tempting. Hate to part with the money for them though.

I ordered some more ebag cubes and got 20% off through ebags...then they sent me a 30% code for friends and family. I called them as it had only been hours since I placed my order and they honored....so now that the code is good until April 14, I'm thinking about placing another cube order. The discount is not good on the folders however. Eagle Creek brand is never discounted that I know of.

EMFF413 This is the friend and family code in case anyone wants to use it. I'm assuming it is okay to share since it says friends. That will get you 30% off the ebags packing cubes. That is for the ebags website.

I'm having the same trouble.....I think I'm going with all cubes....but those packing folders are tempting. Hate to part with the money for them though.

I ordered some more ebag cubes and got 20% off through ebags...then they sent me a 30% code for friends and family. I called them as it had only been hours since I placed my order and they honored....so now that the code is good until April 14, I'm thinking about placing another cube order. The discount is not good on the folders however. Eagle Creek brand is never discounted that I know of.

EMFF413 This is the friend and family code in case anyone wants to use it. I'm assuming it is okay to share since it says friends. That will get you 30% off the ebags packing cubes. That is for the ebags website.

EMEBHF is another ebags 30% off coupon code that will stack on sale items as well. I'm dying to buy more I'm just not sure yet what other sizes I want.

Just curious, do these "cubes" help to fit more items in your luggage? We are doing b2b this summer and I am beginning to wonder about packing for longer trip. Thinking how in the heck we are going to get two weeks worth of clothing and shoes into a limited amount of suitcases. Thanks for any help in this area;

-----------> I get that they help it to be more organized and probably make unpacking a breeze...just wondering if it adds to usable space. :)

Just curious, do these "cubes" help to fit more items in your luggage? We are doing b2b this summer and I am beginning to wonder about packing for longer trip. Thinking how in the heck we are going to get two weeks worth of clothing and shoes into a limited amount of suitcases. Thanks for any help in this area;

-----------> I get that they help it to be more organized and probably make unpacking a breeze...just wondering if it adds to usable space. :)

Definitely! Usually I can only fit clothes for three days for myself and my two kids in one suitcase. This last trip we went for five days and we fit everything in one suitcase and still had room for extra stuff thrown in. This weekend my husband and I are going on a trip and we will use them again and see how they work for just the two of us. So far I've used them for a three day trip for our family of four, a five day trip for myself and my two little ones, and a two day trip just by myself. They are fabulous and definitely save a lot of space.

This thread has me obsessed with getting some packing cubes... Have searched all around and of course can't find them in stores... not really sure if I NEED them but feel the need to HAVE them ;)

How is ebags for shipping? Prompt? Leaving in 29 days and I'm in Canada so might be cutting it close :(. I do like the $$ on that ikea set... Who would have thought they would have them!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Definitely! Usually I can only fit clothes for three days for myself and my two kids in one suitcase. This last trip we went for five days and we fit everything in one suitcase and still had room for extra stuff thrown in. This weekend my husband and I are going on a trip and we will use them again and see how they work for just the two of us. So far I've used them for a three day trip for our family of four, a five day trip for myself and my two little ones, and a two day trip just by myself. They are fabulous and definitely save a lot of space.

I've only used them so far for socks/undies, etc. Just small stuff. I'm considering getting more for my tops & bottoms. What I'm concerned is if I can fit more in using the cubes....then will I have a problem fitting all the dirty clothes back in the luggage. Do you repack your dirty clothes back into the cubes?

This thread has me obsessed with getting some packing cubes... Have searched all around and of course can't find them in stores... not really sure if I NEED them but feel the need to HAVE them ;)

How is ebags for shipping? Prompt? Leaving in 29 days and I'm in Canada so might be cutting it close :(. I do like the $$ on that ikea set... Who would have thought they would have them!

I totally understand too. I'm obsessed with whether to buy more and what size. The large ones might be too large, so maybe I might want all mediums.

Yes, ebags has been very prompt. I placed my recent order on April 7 and they are due to arrive April 10. However, the ones I ordered were in stock. Now if I could just decide if I want another set before my coupon runs out.

My two shipments arrived quickly also.

The first two trips I repacked dirties in the same cubes and consolidated clean stuff we hadn't used into separate cubes. The trip with myself and the kids I had been putting our dirty clothes in a garbage bag so I just consolidated clean into cubes, put empty cubes in the little front suitcase pocket and shoved the garbage bag on top and squished until it all fit again. There was so much extra space from the trip down that the terrible packing on the way home didn't matter too much.

For myself I think the best size is the medium. Kids have smalls (they are four and six). My husband hasn't used them too much but he has a three piece set plus a set of slims that are all the same size.

Some people pack a full outfit or two in one cube. Next trip with my kids I will do that way. I think it will work better than doing a bag of bottoms, a bag of tops, and a bag of jammies, underwear, and socks.

I love these stupid cubes and I am definitely addicted to them!

The shopping channel carries the Heys packing Cubes

Me too! And now that some wonderful site members have shared their coupon codes I may not be able to resist!

:D

The shopping channel carries the Heys packing Cubes

And I am now the proud owner of a set of 3 Heys packing cubes for $25 shipping and tax in thanks to finding a $20 off gift card buried in my email from something I picked up on theshoppingchannel.com back @ christmas lol

Hopefully they'll make packing 16 days worth of clothes for Hawaii next month a bit more manageable!

Thanks for posting the 30% off coupon code! I just placed an order. I'm getting the eBags 3-piece small, medium, and large cubes, a set of 3 slim cubes, and the Pack-It-Flat toiletry bag all for $56.68. I also got free shipping with an estimated delivery date of April 16. Paired with the two Heys cubes I have already, I should be well prepared for my TA cruise next April. :)

Archived