Ipad & iPhone wifi?

Vicrea123

If you use two accounts, that would drive up the cost. Each account costs 30 to 75 cents per minute depending on the plan you choose

As an aside, the internet was lightning fast on the Emerald using a Samsung android small tablet

You don't need the Internet to do this. Found this info on a Mac forum. You use the "Camera Connection Kit":

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14975158&postcount=16

Excellent advice. I have been using Apple's Camera Connection Kit for the past 3 cruises, to upload pics from our digital cam to my iPad. I then use "Pages" on my iPad to upload pics and send out group cruise newsletters to family / friends.

Excellent advice. I have been using Apple's Camera Connection Kit for the past 3 cruises, to upload pics from our digital cam to my iPad. I then use "Pages" on my iPad to upload pics and send out group cruise newsletters to family / friends.

I have the Apple Camera Connection Kit and have used it to upload pictures from the camera to the iPad. I don't know what you mean by "Pages." Could you explain further? Is it an app on the iPad that I just haven't noticed or is it an app I could.download from the app store?

Can I use my iPad and iPhone using the ships Internet at the same time? I would like to download photos from my iPhone to my ipad.

Thanks

Can't you store the pictures from your iPhone in the iCloud and access them from your iPad? That works for me with Photo Stream...

While on the subject, and since no one has mentioned it, have the issues with being unable to disconnect from the wifi and internet with an iPad been resolved? I think it was a couple of IOS upgrades ago that made it impossible to manually adjust Setting so that disconnection was effective.

While on the subject, and since no one has mentioned it, have the issues with being unable to disconnect from the wifi and internet with an iPad been resolved? I think it was a couple of IOS upgrades ago that made it impossible to manually adjust Setting so that disconnection was effective.
My recent experiences using either an iPhone or iPad were pretty good. I found that I occasionally lost WiFi signal so I just went back and re-selected (didn't have to re-sign on) the WiFi signal and it was back. Annoying but not a big deal.

I have the Apple Camera Connection Kit and have used it to upload pictures from the camera to the iPad. I don't know what you mean by "Pages." Could you explain further? Is it an app on the iPad that I just haven't noticed or is it an app I could.download from the app store?

As another poster said, it is a WP program used for Apple products. It is an application you need to purchase, but can use it with your iPhone and iPad...on your Macbook or desktop Mac too. We used to lug around my 17" Macbook for Internet and sending group e-mails to family. After I loaded the Pages application, it made e-mailing family a snap. The software comes with several ready to use templates. You can select pictures from your iPad photo library and drag them to wherever you want on the project you're working on. We like to send 2 "newsletters" a week on a cruise, with various pics from our ports, and some information on the ship and ports. Everyone enjoys reading these, and they're more personal than an e-mail - super easy to work with too.

Google "Pages" or visit the Apple store to download. It really is a breeze - so much so, I started using Pages at work for our company's newsletter. I would upload a sample here, but the file is too large... If anyone would like to see a sample of a newsletter we do while on a cruise, feel free to e-mail me and I will send it to you as a pdf. My e-mail is: scorpgc@gmail.com

Thanks everyone for all the neat info on camera connection etc. I have a new Ipad mini that I am taking on the next cruise in a month. I have ordered the Apple camera connection for The mini and look forward to trannsfering pics from camera to I pad. I also have pages but did not think about using it for group info with pictures. thanks a bunch

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same question about wifi on cruises. So if you pay for wifi on one device, say an ipad, could you use an apple airport express (router), so you can get wifi on more than one device, in your stateroom? (Plugged inside your stateroom). My friend and i did that in las vegas. Purchased wifi for his laptop, plugged in an AE and we had wifi for our ipads.

Pages is an App that you buy and it is very useful. It's like have a blank page to put something on. If you going to email something you can create it on Pages first and then when you are signed on to the internet just past the copy from your pages documents. Pages is one app that is worth paying for.

You can download it from the App store.

Tom:)

Can't you store the pictures from your iPhone in the iCloud and access them from your iPad? That works for me with Photo Stream...

I agree; you don't need to do anything special. Take pictures with your iPhone and they go to the cloud and automatically appear on your iPad.

Archived