Asking Steward to Empty Refrigerator

rayandshirl

Our last cruise was on the mystery ship during hurricane Sandy and we will board the Island Princess next month. On every cruise we've taken, we always find the refrigerator difficult to use because of the stuff in it that we don't want.

When we take everything out of it, there's the problem of where to put it.

The stewards have so many rooms to take care of on Princess.

Do you think we'd be rude to ask the steward to empty out the refrigerator when we board?

Thank you.:confused:

I'd just place whatever is in there on top of the shelf above the fridge. The steward will take those things later in the day - when (s)he has the opportunity. It's no biggie.

The refrigerator is really the responsibility of Room Service. Just take the large water bottle and four cans of soda out and put behind the TV just like room service did when the put in our mini-bar. That way no one goes out if their way and the items can be properly tracked :) Your Steward has 18-20 rooms to take care of :(

You didn't specify but if it is the mini bar you are referring to, call room service and they will send someone to remove it.

The refrigerator is really the responsibility of Room Service. Just take the large water bottle and four cans of soda out and put behind the TV just like room service did when the put in our mini-bar. That way no one goes out if their way and the items can be properly tracked :) Your Steward has 18-20 rooms to take care of :(
Exactly. The steward will just have to call room service or take the time to remove it and put it somewhere that room service can pick it up. As these two have said, call room service.

On our last cruise , the room steward just put the contents of the fridge behind the TV.

During our Alaska cruise May 2012, I asked our room steward and he did nothing, so I unloaded it and stashed it behind the TV.

I have always asked the steward to remove it, and I've never had any problems. I don't want the mini-bar items left in the cabin, because I don't want to be responsible for them.

Of course, that won't be a problem once I've sailed enough to be Elite.;) But not yet.

On our last cruise , the room steward just put the contents of the fridge behind the TV.

We just move these items in the same place, so that we have room for our beverages (and also so that the girl doesn't open of the cans instead of the soda bottles we bring). If the steward wants to remove them,fine.

On our last 2 cruises on the Crown the room steward would not take them away - he just said to put them behind the TV - so that is where they stayed! He also would not get us wine glasses - said we had to call room service to get them, so I did and they got the extra tip - not him! ;)

I prefer to empty my own refrig and keep the items that came out of it somewhere in the cabin. By doing this, I can produce these items should there be any confusion that we've used them and then responsible for paying for them.

2 more cruises (coming up) til I'm elite! Finally!!! :)

Maybe it's just me but I can't believe the number of people who are unable(tell me that isn't a tactful word) to remove and relocate the handful of items in the frig on their own. Really? You have to have someone else(who fortunately isn't busy doing something important for passengers) come to your room to do that which would have taken you about 30 seconds to do? Don't mean to sound rude but come on..........

Maybe it's just me but I can't believe the number of people who are unable(tell me that isn't a tactful word) to remove and relocate the handful of items in the frig on their own. Really? You have to have someone else(who fortunately isn't busy doing something important for passengers) come to your room to do that which would have taken you about 30 seconds to do? Don't mean to sound rude but come on..........

In my experience, they always remove product from the ROOM, not just the fridge. My most recent cruise was the first time I saw the steward hide the stuff in the room.

Perhaps I'm not alone here?

It's not just you as I wondered as well.

Mike;)

I asked my steward about the items. He suggested that room service will come and pick them up, and they did.

Once that is done these items are no longer on your "inventory" of potential billable items, as you are responsible for securing them.

It just makes sense for room service to come and pick them up, sign off on them and you are then clear.

It''s not a matter of being able to move them or hide them or whatever, it is a matter of getting them off your "inventory.

Archived