Did I make the right choice, switching my GS on Jewel?

A couple of weeks ago I lucked out and was able to upgrade my JS to a GS for only $100. The room was one of the GS that is in the forward section of the ship. I prefer midship but its really not that big of a deal.

So today I noticed that cabin 1052, which is located next door to the concierge club. I called immediately and moved my room thinking its mid-ship, and close to the lounge. But now I read where people were not happy with this cabin because of lack of privacy on the balcony. Can people in the concierge lounge look out the windows and right onto that balcony since the lounge is on the hump?

Should I have left everything alone and just been happy with my great upgrade?

A couple of weeks ago I lucked out and was able to upgrade my JS to a GS for only $100. The room was one of the GS that is in the forward section of the ship. I prefer midship but its really not that big of a deal.

So today I noticed that cabin 1052, which is located next door to the concierge club. I called immediately and moved my room thinking its mid-ship, and close to the lounge. But now I read where people were not happy with this cabin because of lack of privacy on the balcony. Can people in the concierge lounge look out the windows and right onto that balcony since the lounge is on the hump?

Should I have left everything alone and just been happy with my great upgrade?

I like the location of 1052. It's convenient to pop into the CL for a cup of cappuccino or tea. It's usually pretty empty, aside from cocktail hour.

Jane

We have stayed in 1052 many times and really enjoyed it. It is not that easy to see onto the balcony from the CL, you really must want to be nosy to do so. Plus, you will be in the CL probably the same time the others would be peeking around to see what you might be doing on your balcony;). Love the location, imho.

Shew it seems to be split down the middle. I really hate to call them again, but I would if it was a real problem.

It's only a problem if you mind people looking at you.:). I don't really want to see what anybody is doing on their balcony, but it would bug me a bit.

It's only a problem if you mind people looking at you.:). I don't really want to see what anybody is doing on their balcony, but it would bug me a bit.

Agree..as you never know since access is 24 hrs and many can be in-out of there at any given time...Just the feeling (real or not) of a lack of privacy...Heck I won't even book a connecting cabin...JMHO.

Shew it seems to be split down the middle. I really hate to call them again, but I would if it was a real problem.

Psh on "bothering them." That's what they are there for. :D

Change your cabin as many times as you like. I do it all the time.

:p

Yep, take it back.

1052 is haunted. :D

LOL! I just showed the deck plans to my husband. His words, " Leave it alone and quit calling its not that big of deal." He was no help. I think if my old room is still there, even tho I have read reviews of people complaining about the window washing stuff in the front of that balcony, I may change back.

LOL! I just showed the deck plans to my husband. His words, " Leave it alone and quit calling its not that big of deal." He was no help. I think if my old room is still there, even tho I have read reviews of people complaining about the window washing stuff in the front of that balcony, I may change back.

Rule #1: The wife is always right.

Rule #2: If in some circumstances, it seems that the husband is right, consult Rule #1.

:D

Archived