Take a Chance with Suite Guarantee?

Pompein

Here's the deal.

Booked 3 AQ1 on Summit for Bermuda, adjoining cabins.

Thinking about "upgrading" us all for Suite guarantee, Only $100/cabin,

but the suites are scattered. We want to be on the same deck at least.

Would Celebrity consider this when assigning? or would it just be luck of the draw?

Or should we just keep what we have, guaranteed to be next to each other and we can have open balconies?

Anyone ever encounter this?

Thanks!

best part about being in different areas if one suite has the better side for sunsets you go to that side, or for breakfast too, or if the ride gets rough and one cabin has a better ride you can be there too. So scattered is better all around, plus for 100.00 more than worth it unless you always go for the suite life :)

Here's the deal.

Booked 3 AQ1 on Summit for Bermuda, adjoining cabins.

Thinking about "upgrading" us all for Suite guarantee, Only $100/cabin,

but the suites are scattered. We want to be on the same deck at least.

Would Celebrity consider this when assigning? or would it just be luck of the draw?

Or should we just keep what we have, guaranteed to be next to each other and we can have open balconies?

Anyone ever encounter this?

Thanks!

For $100, I'd opt for the suite guarantee! And yes I think it would be luck of the draw. If you go with a guarantee you're taking a chance anyway, and I think if you asked Celebrity to make sure you all stay on the same deck, you'll probably ruin any chance for anything but the lowest level suites, which as you said, aren't next to ear other anyway. Besides, if you aren't right next to each other to have open balconies, what difference does it make if you are 2 cabins away or 2 decks away? Go with the guarantee and hope that one of you gets assigned a suite big enough to fit all of you on the balcony! And either way, enjoy being in a suite for just $100 more, regardless of what type suite you end up with. :)

Go for the guaranty! We love Suites and would always choose one if money permits. Usually they are at least $1,000 more. Can't beat the extra space in the cabin and on the balcony. Love having the butler to coordinate everything.

I'd book a Suite guarantee on any Celebrity ship except Century, which has that wierd NS category they deem a suite, when it's really just a standard size cabin (and bathroom) with butler service.

As others have said, unless cabins next to one another is an absolute must, I'd spend the extra $100 and upgrade in a heart beat. Good luck ;)

Thank you for all your posts. As I feared, I couldn't take the Suite guarantee because it would eliminate the 123 go beverage package. It was a special rate.

Decided to stay put in our adjoing AQ1 suites on Summit.

But, I thought the balconies did open between cabins on deck 11 where the new cabins were installed.

Can anyone that has been on M class AQ1 Deck 11 verify?

Thanks!

Archived