Price drop happening now on balconies

califgary

Hey gang - FYI Ive been checking pricing on existing reservations and discovered a balcony price drop on our Christmas sailing - Just called and got a $500 price DROP for our cabin - AWESOME thank you Princess! Don't know how long this will be in effect but check it out!

I am jealous!!! I have a couple of solo cruises booked, and with the single cruise fare premium, have to book inside cabins. Princess does NOT off price drops for people in my situation. I keep looking and hoping, but it just does not happen.

Hey gang - FYI Ive been checking pricing on existing reservations and discovered a balcony price drop on our Christmas sailing - Just called and got a $500 price DROP for our cabin - AWESOME thank you Princess! Don't know how long this will be in effect but check it out!

Our Thanksgiving (California Coastal) balcony price dropped this week as well!

Sorry... first cruise so I'm new to all of this. What does the price drop mean?? Is that for just balconey rooms?? We are booked for oceanview, going to Alaska in June...

To see if it applies to your cabin category, go to the Princess web site and check the pricing for your sailing.

If it is before final payment date, chances are any price drop will apply and you should contact your TA (or Princess if you did not use a TA) to see if you can get the reduction if any exists.

If it is after final payment date, a lower price might only apply to new bookings only.

A couple of questions on price drops. When should you start looking for them? Our cruise is still 6 1/2 months out. Now? When they drop is it only for a day? A week? Or permanently? Is it on all cabins that prices will drop, ie inside, balcony, mini, suite or just certain ones? How often do you check? Every day?

Thanks for any information. I specifically haven't paid my balance in full because I want to possibly take advantage of this.

I've also considered transferring my reservation to a TA for a lower price, but it scares me to do that. But, that is a whole other subject. ;)

A couple of questions on price drops. When should you start looking for them? Our cruise is still 6 1/2 months out. Now? When they drop is it only for a day? A week? Or permanently? Is it on all cabins that prices will drop, ie inside, balcony, mini, suite or just certain ones? How often do you check? Every day?

Thanks for any information. I specifically haven't paid my balance in full because I want to possibly take advantage of this.

I've also considered transferring my reservation to a TA for a lower price, but it scares me to do that. But, that is a whole other subject. ;)

I checked ours quite often from the time we booked until final payment time......at least a couple times a week....doesn't take long, just go into the Princess website and go through the steps like you are going to book the exact cabin category for your cruise and check the price.

Noticed our balcony dropped $300 for our upcoming cruise.. but it's after final payment. Had our TA call Princess and was told it was a "flash sale" (????) and that it applied to new bookings only and we couldn't get any onboard credit or anything.. But there was no sale or fine print that said anything about that on the website.

Should I try again and hope another Princess rep gives a different answer?

Sure you could try calling again and speaking to another rep but I seriously doubt you will get the answer you want:(. Once final payment is made that is it!!

That, unfortunately, is not what the Princess rep told me when I booked.

I was so suprised that I actually made note of it in my own booking records.

Sure you could try calling again and speaking to another rep but I seriously doubt you will get the answer you want:(. Once final payment is made that is it!!

You are giving bad information. Even if your cruise is paid in full and sometimes after final payment, you can still get the price drop, either a refund to your credit card, an upgrade to a better cabin, or onboard credit.

You are giving bad information. Even if your cruise is paid in full and sometimes after final payment, you can still get the price drop, either a refund to your credit card, an upgrade to a better cabin, or onboard credit.

If you've had that happen to you recently you are very lucky. There is a difference between when the cruise is paid in full and the final payment date. Generally speaking, if you are after the cruise lines final payment date you are pretty much locked into that price. You may be able to upgrade your cabin to a better cabin for the money you've paid. It's very rare that they will refund or give you OBC to make up the difference. I used to see Princess be more generous in these circumstances, but recently they have been pretty tough with giving refunds or OBC after final payment. I never say never, but I think Princess is getting tougher on this and am not surprised with the experience related.

As for watching for price drops, I look frequently. Some are short lived and some last a long time. Some will be sales and are only for first time buyers. Sometimes the deals have cancellation penalties.

If you've had that happen to you recently you are very lucky. There is a difference between when the cruise is paid in full and the final payment date. Generally speaking, if you are after the cruise lines final payment date you are pretty much locked into that price. You may be able to upgrade your cabin to a better cabin for the money you've paid. It's very rare that they will refund or give you OBC to make up the difference. I used to see Princess be more generous in these circumstances, but recently they have been pretty tough with giving refunds or OBC after final payment. I never say never, but I think Princess is getting tougher on this and am not surprised with the experience related.

As for watching for price drops, I look frequently. Some are short lived and some last a long time. Some will be sales and are only for first time buyers. Sometimes the deals have cancellation penalties.

We got refunds to our credit card this year, well after final payment date for a Caribbean cruise. No fighting....our TA just asked after there was a price decrease.

You are giving bad information. Even if your cruise is paid in full and sometimes after final payment, you can still get the price drop, either a refund to your credit card, an upgrade to a better cabin, or onboard credit.[/quote

Very sorry if you feel that was bad information:(. I should have specified that in our experience after final payment, we have never been able to receive any of the compensations you mentioned. We have tried when booking directly thru Princess and also when using travel agents.

Saw a large price drop on our balcony cabin for our sailing next month. Called travel agent to complain..they called Princess and they called me back and said Princess would not give me anything because it was a 'Flash Sale Price'.

I then called Princess directly and was able to get them to upgrade us from a standard balcony to a mini suite.

Just got a $140.00 price drop per cabin on a Cat BC & DC on Royal Princess 11/17 sailing. It does have a non-refundable deposit but booked on a Princess 1 Week sale so deposit was $100.00 per person. I have insurance for trip so covered in case anything would pop up. This is 6 cabins I arranged we are in a minisuite cat MC and so far the price for it is still the best price since I booked.

Archived