What will the Musical be?

I am curious as to what you think the musical will be onboard. The Allure has Chicage, the Oasis has Hairspray and the new Breakaway will have Rock of Ages. I am thinking Wicked...but I am not sure. What do you think?

Edited by pcl_cruiser

I am curious as to what you think the musical will be onboard. The Allure has Chicage, the Oasis has Hairspray and the new Breakaway will have Rock of Ages. I am thinking Wicked...but I am not sure. What do you think?

Wicked has been talked about (not confirmed though) and Pushing Daisy's is also talked about. Both could star Kristen Chenoweth (also not confirmed).

You sure appear to be an expert cruiser! We have been on 3 and i am not the expert but am an obsessive planner! We are looking at our next cruise June 2014 as a celebration of our daughter graduating from nursing school. We want this to be special but not completely break the bank. We will have 2 other families travelling with us too.

Our fingers are crossed for Wicked!!

We've also considered NCL's new Getaway.

I would be open to any advice you may have on selecting Quantum vs Getaway and then room options on Quantum or really....anything you have to share! :)

You sure appear to be an expert cruiser! We have been on 3 and i am not the expert but am an obsessive planner! We are looking at our next cruise June 2014 as a celebration of our daughter graduating from nursing school. We want this to be special but not completely break the bank. We will have 2 other families travelling with us too.

I would be open to any advice you may have on selecting Quantum vs Getaway and then room options on Quantum or really....anything you have to share! :)

I agree, I would love to see Wicked! They all have their perks! I will be going on Breakaway next summer and can't wait to get on either Quantum or Anthem. The things to consider are the ports of call, time of year, price, etc. As far as cabins, I like to go in what is unique to that ship for example, I can't wait to try the interior rooms on Quantum/Anthem because of the virtual balconies. ANything you want to ask, just let me know!

Maybe they won't even have a Broadway show on Quantum and Anthem. I hope they do, but maybe they will decide to offer some other kind of show. I really liked Saturday Night Fever on Liberty, but maybe such shows are too expensive and take too many cast members and musicians.

Edited by Gangway Style

Quantum won't be sailing until November, 2014... that could help your planning a bit.

Maybe they won't even have a Broadway show on Quantum and Anthem. I hope they do, but maybe they will decide to offer some other kind of show. I really liked Saturday Night Fever on Liberty, but maybe such shows are too expensive and take too many cast members and musicians.

The brochure for Quantum mentions a broadway show, so there definitely will be one!

Wicked makes sense for Quantum, I'm hoping for Mamma Mia for Anthem then. :D

Another great show. Jersey Boys would be very appropriate sailing from Bayonne.

Maybe they could have a Godfather for the Anthem..Frankie Valli. :)

Edited by celebrity

I would love to see Wicked as I have not yet been able to see it on land but love the music and the book. But I wonder if the rights wouldn't be hard to get. Both hairspray and Chicago had previously been made into movies which makes me think its easier to get the rights to reproduce these (I know nothing about this stuff, just thinking out loud). Jersey Boys would be great as well (my mom would just die) but I'd imagine to be difficult for the same reasons. Both shows still pull in top dollar for tickets on broadway. Wish I could be more helpful in speculating haha. My vote is definitely for Wicked if they can get it!

I would also love to see Wicked. Saw it on Broadway and it is a great show. However I doubt we will see Kristin Chenoweth in any show on a ship. I read last week that she has a very bad case of Meniere Disease caused by something falling and hitting her on the head. But what do I know.

I hope it's better than Chicago. I have to say that it was a bit of a disappointment and fell short of Broadway or Off Broadway standards. Maybe something lighter is the way to go. Wicked might be too involved. Jersey Boys would work, but an all male cast might not work so well when they will have lead female singers aboard.

I hope it's better than Chicago. I have to say that it was a bit of a disappointment and fell short of Broadway or Off Broadway standards. Maybe something lighter is the way to go. Wicked might be too involved. Jersey Boys would work, but an all male cast might not work so well when they will have lead female singers aboard.

I agree, I did not like Chicago at all. I love everything about the Allure more than Oasis except for the shows. Wicked would be great!

Chicago was virtually identical to the version I saw on Broadway, including the staging and quality of performance.

Jersey Boys would work well but the language between songs is apparently very course, and would put off some.

I think Mamma Mia has a pretty good shot at being the show. It's light and fun and is long in the tooth in terms of Broadway. It's not packing them in the way it used to, or the way Jersey Boys and Wicked still are. I dearly hope they don't go retro and choose Phantom. It's a horrible show, in my opinion (and clearly not in the opinion of the ba-gillion people who love it, I know.)