123, price drops & final payment

urkidn

I booked a cruise in January under the original 123 promo, final payment is May 1. Today, I noticed my category has dropped by $200/person. I contacted my TA who said that X would honour the price drop but I would lose my original booking amenities as they are not being offered right now (including the TA ones?). I can understand this if it was a different price program (senior, etc) so I called Celebrity to find out.

Sure enough, my category was indeed a 5 Star (eligible) rate. She at first told me the same thing as my TA, that I would lose my amenities. I told her that did not sound right so she checked with her supervisor and they will honour the price drop and put a note on my reservation for when my TA calls back. Hopefully, I will get the price drop without any further complications.

What she said next bothers me though. She told me that after final payment, I will lose my amenities should I try to move up even if it is a 5 Star rate? I was under the impression that if prices dropped after final payment and it was still an eligible 123 rate, we could upgrade to a higher category cabin and pay the difference without losing any of our original booking perks.

Just wondering if anyone out there who booked under the original 123 program has been able to upgrade after final payment without losing their original amenities?

The problem is that everyone has a different experience, depending on who they talk to. There either isn't a firm policy on this, or the folks that answer the phone don't understand the policy so they do what they feel is right.

Best of luck...if you don't like the first answer you get from celebrity, call back. History says that if you do that often enough, you probably will get what you want, irrespective of what others have experienced.

Greetings

So you booked a rate that included the booze package, free gratuities, or OBC and now you want the same perks but you also want the rate someone would pay who doesn't get the perks? Celebrity is in business to earn profits. The perks weren't totally free, the price reflected the additional benefits that Celebrity was adding on to the cruise. To give away the cheaper fare and the perks would be terrible business.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

So you booked a rate that included the booze package, free gratuities, or OBC and now you want the same perks but you also want the rate someone would pay who doesn't get the perks? Celebrity is in business to earn profits. The perks weren't totally free, the price reflected the additional benefits that Celebrity was adding on to the cruise. To give away the cheaper fare and the perks would be terrible business.

Good Sailing

Tom

That would be true if Celebrity hadn't said that they were allowing price drops as long as it was a five star rate. It's totally understandable that they are not allowing the 123 offers to combine with senior rates, resident rates, guarantees, or any other special rates. But they should still be allowing regular price drops since they said they would honour them.

Thank you SusieV. That is exactly right, I do feel those of us who book under 123 are entitled to the price drops before final payment if they fall within the allowable rate codes. My TA has confirmed the refund.

What I don't understand is why we would lose our amenities after final payment if we upgrade to a higher category (paying more money) if it is still an allowable rate code.

I was told no to upgrades three times. The price kept dropping and finally on my fourth call I received an upgrade and kept the 123 promotion, no problems. The classification of the rate (5 star) never changed nor did the category I was trying to upgrade to. We upgraded from 2C balcony to aqua class guarantee!

I was told no to upgrades three times. The price kept dropping and finally on my fourth call I received an upgrade and kept the 123 promotion, no problems. The classification of the rate (5 star) never changed nor did the category I was trying to upgrade to. We upgraded from 2C balcony to aqua class guarantee!

A Guarantee is not a 5* rate as far as I know. I think you were lucky!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Greetings

The 123 offer is over as of 30 April. The price drops after that date will take into account that these cabins are not getting the added perks. It may be a 5 star rate, but it is one without the perks. Now if you change your reservation while the special is ongoing, then I think Celebrity should leave the perks in place (and I believe this to be the case). But if changes are made after the sale is over, then you should only get the current perks that go with the current price.

Good Sailing

Tom

This question is addressed in Question #4 in the Sticky at the top of the page.

Sticky: Celebrity 123 Go! Promotion Information.

icon1.gif123, Go! Offer updates

We've updated our FAQ to provide more answers for you and the promotion is extended through 2/18.

Will Guests be able to upgrade to the premium package after the promotion ends ?

Yes, they can upgrade when they arrive on board, or any time during the cruise.

Will Guests be able to upgrade to the premium package onboard the ship ?

yes

If Guests can upgrade to premium when onboard, will only 1 Guest be allowed to upgrade ? Must both Guests upgrade to premium if they do so onboard ?

Yes both must updgrade

If the price drops before final payment, will Guests be eligible for the reduction, while retaining their 123 GO selection ?

Guests can maintain the offer if they keep any Five star or Group x rates, however, if they convert to another price program such as a senior or resident rate they will lose the offer.

If*a Guest selects 123 Go with the beverage package, and the premium upgrade.... and then wishes to purchase a $14.00 beverage, would they be permitted to pay the difference ? If*a Guest*elects the standard beverage package, and wishes to purchase an alcoholic drink higher than $8.00, would they be allowed to pay the difference ?

Yes, we would allow the guest to pay the difference. As a matter of fact we are permitting this onboard now.

Last edited by Celebrity Cruises; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

This question is addressed in Question #4 in the Sticky at the top of the page.

Sticky: Celebrity 123 Go! Promotion Information.

icon1.gif123, Go! Offer updates

We've updated our FAQ to provide more answers for you and the promotion is extended through 2/18.

If Guests can upgrade to premium when onboard, will only 1 Guest be allowed to upgrade ? Must both Guests upgrade to premium if they do so onboard ?

Yes both must updgrade

Last edited by Celebrity Cruises; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

This is not true. Only 1 person can upgrade if desired. No need for both to upgrade if done on the ship.

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

I absolutely agree. We are sailing with friends who paid $200 pp more than we did for the same sailing. They got the drink package and I booked under the $500 gift card match offer. We are both in the same ocean view room but ours is a category higher. Had I canceled and re-booked under the 123 go offer it would have cost me $400 more which is just about the price of the drink package for 2

Do some ships have the go123 with guarantee categories? I was told some boats do. How do you know?

Also if the new invoice has the go123 on it will it stay as the promo and price?

What is 5star or group x rate?

Yes, guarantees are available with the 123 offer on some sailings because I got it on my fiord cruise this summer. Hard to tell which ones though (my guess would be just the seemingly hard to sell summer European sailings) so best to call X or your TA. Aside from obvious rates such as senior, military and residency, it's impossible to tell the rate unless you call but 5 star rates are usually the most expensive.

If you have the 123 rate, you should be able to have price cuts honoured before final payment as long as the new rate code is acceptable with your offer. If you change to a different rate code (ie) seniors, military, etc you will lose them.

You won't get price adjustments after final payment and the jury is out on whether or not you can upgrade to a higher priced cabin (you pay the difference) without losing the 123 amenities. Celebrity told me I couldn't but others seem to have done it.

I noticed my boat has only 5 rooms hoping available for outside cabOn. Dow that truly mean that's all that is left? Does that mean I may be bumped up too a verandah? Alwao is 2d the entire floor designated to gurantee a as I don't see any room options for this cat to choose from

Archived