Oceania On Line check-in?

alanbab

We shall be taking our first Oceania cruise on Riviera in August. I have completed the guest registration on line. Will we be required to complete on line check-in as for Celebrity etc. Also do they send out luggage tags? Many thanks.:confused:

Luggage tags will be found in the booklet they send out approx 4 weeks prior to your cruise. They give you four per person and I have yet to use all of them as we try to travel light. Each cruise I go on, I seem to pack less and less. The only problem is by the end of the cruise I am really sick of some of the clothes.:eek:

If we purchased an upsale and already have our booklet, will they send us a new booklet? We are a little less than a month out from our cruise.

You could always ask for the upgraded version if you are in a different Cabin Cat EG:

B to PH

If not just ask for new luggage tags

We always just put stickers over the cabin number and wrote the new number on them. Always got our luggage timely.

Never got a new booklet and see no reason for it. You should print out your final documents e-mail which will show your new cabin number, etc.

Check in is painless on board/at the dock as all they want is your picture and a credit card or deposit. Takes less than 5-10 minutes. Remember these are small ships, even the new ones, and everything goes much more quickly.

Luggage tags will be found in the booklet they send out approx 4 weeks prior to your cruise. They give you four per person and I have yet to use all of them as we try to travel light. Each cruise I go on, I seem to pack less and less. The only problem is by the end of the cruise I am really sick of some of the clothes.:eek:

I have a trick packing I have used for years..

I pack a lot of clothes from my closet that I was going to give away..after the cruise, I try to give them to someone on the ship or just leave them in my cabin (someone will take them) ..it lightens my suitcase and gives me room for my purchases and somone gets some nice clothes!!

Jancruz1

We always just put stickers over the cabin number and wrote the new number on them. Always got our luggage timely.

Never got a new booklet and see no reason for it. You should print out your final documents e-mail which will show your new cabin number, etc.

Check in is painless on board/at the dock as all they want is your picture and a credit card or deposit. Takes less than 5-10 minutes. Remember these are small ships, even the new ones, and everything goes much more quickly.

This is what I do or you can also get new luggage tags at the port..I feel a new booklet is an unnecessary cost..

Jancruz1

I pack a lot of clothes from my closet that I was going to give away..after the cruise, I try to give them to someone on the ship or just leave them in my cabin (someone will take them) ..it lightens my suitcase and gives me room for my purchases and someone gets some nice clothes!!

Jancruz1

Another trick we learned years ago.

If you do not want to take clothes to give away like Jan does, get a couple of supermarket plastic bags and stuff them full of crumpled up paper. Stuff them until they are about the size of a basketball. Tie them closed and force yourself to pack them in your suitcase. When you reach your destination, throw them away and you have room for your souvenirs!

Sounds silly but it works.

Also a suggestion. If you are buying souvenirs or things for the house, etc, make sure you know sizes or measurements. Nothing worse than finding the perfect tablecloth, etc and not knowing the size you need.

Another trick we learned years ago.

If you do not want to take clothes to give away like Jan does, get a couple of supermarket plastic bags and stuff them full of crumpled up paper. Stuff them until they are about the size of a basketball. Tie them closed and force yourself to pack them in your suitcase. When you reach your destination, throw them away and you have room for your souvenirs!

Sounds silly but it works.

Also a suggestion. If you are buying souvenirs or things for the house, etc, make sure you know sizes or measurements. Nothing worse than finding the perfect tablecloth, etc and not knowing the size you need.

I am happy to say that we have reach that point in our travels (and life) that we are way past any souvenirs (unless they are under 4 inches).

Window shopping is so much more enjoyable and less stressful if you know that you don't plan to buy anything :)

No need to save extra space (or spend extra money) for us - too many souvenirs already at home :D

I am happy to say that we have reach that point in our travels (and life) that we are way past any souvenirs (unless they are under 4 inches).

Window shopping is so much more enjoyable and less stressful if you know that you don't plan to buy anything :)

No need to save extra space (or spend extra money) for us - too many souvenirs already at home :D

+2

We only buy things we can eat to bring home

Fudge, cookies etc...:D

Lyn

I pack a lot of clothes from my closet that I was going to give away..after the cruise, I try to give them to someone on the ship or just leave them in my cabin (someone will take them) ..it lightens my suitcase and gives me room for my purchases and somone gets some nice clothes!!

Jancruz1

My trouble is the clothes I want to give away.... do not fit me anymore :D

Paul, you are right.

We have started finding an x-mass ornament from each country/cruise we visit and so once a year we can relive all our travels as we decorate the tree. They don't take up much space and are fun to look for.

HOWEVER, it seems that when it is time to pack to go home the clothes always take up more space that when we packed to come on the trip. Is it the dirt or are they, as I suspect, made of rabbit fur and they multiply in the closet:p.

Jancruz1

Not as pleasant sounding, but just as helpful is taking older underwear that we want to get rid of and packing it. At the end of a trip, or a cruise, we bag it up in a plastic bag, tie it and leave it in the trash. Of course, we have to make sure we don't get hit by a car or bus. Becuase as my other would say, "you wouldn't want to end up in the emergency room in that old pair of underwear!" :eek: Works for old sleepwear, too.

My packing tip is this.....I don't pack ANYTHING...then, when I open my suitcase I go>>>>>

OMG SOMEONE STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!!

Then I buy ALL new new ones in every location I stop at! Since I am in DIRE need, I simply must go shopping rather than sightsee! So Sad!! NOT.

:p

My packing tip is this.....I don't pack ANYTHING...then, when I open my suitcase I go>>>>>

OMG SOMEONE STOLE MY CLOTHES!!!!

Then I buy ALL new new ones in every location I stop at! Since I am in DIRE need, I simply must go shopping rather than sightsee! So Sad!! NOT.

:p

Doesn't quite work on a TA, does it? But on a port-intensive cruise, sure, no more of those pesky museums, cathedrals and ancient ruins! :o

Doesn't quite work on a TA, does it? But on a port-intensive cruise, sure, no more of those pesky museums, cathedrals and ancient ruins! :o

You forgot the art galleries:eek: My in laws want us to go traveling with them and they spend all their time in art galleries:eek: No way will I go traveling with them.

You forgot the art galleries:eek: My in laws want us to go traveling with them and they spend all their time in art galleries:eek: No way will I go traveling with them.

Right, art galleries! And castles! I actually love all these kinds of places, btw, I'm being facetious. Although I am quite capable of being "museumed out, and definitely "castled out". But then I'm more likely to find a nice neighbourhood with a patio and sit and people-watch with a glass of wine. Some window shopping and local market browsing, but the thought of having to buy clothing while travelling makes me want to slit my wrists!

(And the thought of taking my old clothes that I don't want any more? Might work on a land trip that involved hiking or camping, but not on a cruise--I admit I dress fairly simply, but I want to look and feel good in my clothes while cruising.)

Right, art galleries! And castles! I actually love all these kinds of places, btw, I'm being facetious. Although I am quite capable of being "museumed out, and definitely "castled out". But then I'm more likely to find a nice neighbourhood with a patio and sit and people-watch with a glass of wine. Some window shopping and local market browsing, but the thought of having to buy clothing while travelling makes me want to slit my wrists!

(And the thought of taking my old clothes that I don't want any more? Might work on a land trip that involved hiking or camping, but not on a cruise--I admit I dress fairly simply, but I want to look and feel good in my clothes while cruising.)

I was also being facetious!! :) I really don't like wasting time shopping either .... just trying to be funny!!! I couldn't imagine wearing my old clothes on a cruise.....I just got a whole new wardrobe for spring since my weight loss!!!!!! Will debut myself on the cruise ---- just sent all the bags of size BIG clothes to charity ... 8 bags of them!!!!!

Archived