Marina Executive Lounge

rogfam

There are 2 lounges on the O class ships. Concierge & executive.

They are almost identical and contain a sofa, card table, some chairs, a big screen TV, a couple of desks, a part time concierge and food and beverage station. There are a couple of newspapers and magazines. The food is changed during the day. There are muffins and bagels in the AM, cookies at times and finger sandwiches at other times. There is a coffee machine and coolers containing sodas and waters. It's generally just a place do drop in to or meet with the on duty concierge.

Do a search here and you'll find pictures!

The lounges are fabulous. I wish all their ships had them.

They are exactly as sitraveler describes. It is nice if you have been on a long day's tour, you can come back, run into the lounge and grab a quick snack, or get on the computer, or just see other friends who might have stopped by as well.

It is a wonderful feature of O.

The lounges are fabulous. I wish all their ships had them.

I agree...it was a great convenience...especially for a quick coffee.

Did not see the Exec Lounge, but I would presume it is similar to the Concierge Lounge... PH guests, correct if I am wrong.

8632875422_bac769f987_b.jpg

8632875314_c5d6e5facd_b.jpg

8631769183_82d41b671f_b.jpg

8632874996_15c44a2001_b.jpg

8631768727_1530c96599_b.jpg

I have to say I would quite happily do without the Executive Lounge.....in a PH or above I find that the Butler fulfills most of the functions that I would use the lounge/concierge for. I'm not worried about newspapers etc. as I want to get away from real life, and there are far more pleasant places for refreshments which have real light e.g. Baristas or room service. I've used the facility once out of 3 cruises on an "O" ship, and I could have booked my own Bon Appetit class myself, or let my Butler deal with it in a fraction of the 24 hours it took the Concierge. I won't bother again....

The Concierge Lounge I feel is a much better proposition and adds value for those that choose A grade cabins. This lounge also has a far lighter and airier ambiance, important for an interior public room.

If I was FDR I would scrap the Executive Lounge and add 2-3 inside staterooms (always the first to sell), and empower the Butlers to deal with any extra tasks.

"If I was FDR I would scrap the Executive Lounge and add 2-3 inside staterooms (always the first to sell), and empower the Butlers to deal with any extra tasks."

I hope FDR does not follow your suggestion. I recently used the lounge 7 or 8 days out of a 14 day cruise and each time there was at least half a dozen other passengers enjoying the facility. I walked past the lounge 3 or 4 times every day and it was always occupied. IMO it is a very convenient quiet location for a quick snack and scan of the papers.

I hope FDR does not follow your suggestion. I recently used the lounge 7 or 8 days out of a 14 day cruise and each time there was at least half a dozen other passengers enjoying the facility. I walked past the lounge 3 or 4 times every day and it was always occupied. IMO it is a very convenient quiet location for a quick snack and scan of the papers.

In my opinion, the problem with the Executive Lounge as it now exists, is that it is too much like the Neptune Lounges of Holland America, which were conceived to eliminate the need for Butlers in their Suites.

As all of the Suites on Oceania have Butlers, the Executive Lounge majorly provides a duplication of services, and for that reason I assume that our Butlers' ADORE them.

Hey! Who would vote for converting the Lounge into inside cabins, and using the increased revenue towards putting those "one time" Liquor Setups into ALL of the Suites?

I've rarely used the lounges except when my butler or room steward forgot to keep up my in-suite stash of Diet Coke. However, in our recent transAtlantic I spent a comfortable several hours in the Executive Lounge reading, watching the big screen TV and people watching. It turns out the lounge was in amost constant use, with all of the available seating in us in the late morning as folks came in to catch up on the newspapers, and a constant stream of folks stopping for a coffee or juice or a snack.

Based on that, I'd say the Executive Lounge is very popular and many guests would be unhappy if they were not available. By the

way, our penthouse was way down on Deck 7, and I still visited the lounge on Deck 11 -- aren't elevators grand? :)

We used the Executive Lounge twice on our first Marina cruise. (Haven't had our second yet but will next November.)

We arrived late on the day of departure because we chose to spend as much time as possible in Rome so we hadn't had lunch and the real venues were closed. Unfortunately, the lounge didn't have much to eat either!

The other occasion was consulting with the concierge to set up our official Meet & Greet.

Not sure how I would vote on losing it ... it was convenient even if we didn't really use it. Granted, we were a floor lower and I might have been more likely to use it often had our cabin been closer.

Those photos look exactly the same to me ...

Mura

Computerworks, makes me want to get onboard tomorrow. ;) I really miss--this has been a long dry spell of not cruising (at least since February and not going until August, but no lounge on Nautica). Great pictures. Thank you.

JimandStan--NO definitely don't do away with the lounges for inside staterooms, and definitely don't do away with the golf for those cabanas.

Marina & Riviera are perfectly designed. Love 'em. Something for everyone.

Just because some people do not use the service does not mean they should "do away" with it

I do not use the bar but I would never suggest they do away with them:(

I haven't done my Riviera trip yet, so I can't comment on this room until I do, but are there not nice lounges in other parts of the ship that everybody gets to use? Is there something akin to Regent's Coffee Corners, for instance? I frankly am not attracted to the elitist intention of the lounge, or the cabanas for that matter.

I haven't done my Riviera trip yet, so I can't comment on this room until I do, but are there not nice lounges in other parts of the ship that everybody gets to use? Is there something akin to Regent's Coffee Corners, for instance? I frankly am not attracted to the elitist intention of the lounge, or the cabanas for that matter.

Well you are in luck ..no cabanas on the Riveira

There is the Horizons Lounge, the Patio, The Sanctuary, there is a spot on deck 5 with a nice seating area & the Grand Bar (Hallway) but none have snacks, newspapers etc as far as I could tell

Once you are onboard you can judge for yourself if the other lounges are too elite ;)

Lyn

Archived