Need proof for a "repeater" discount

I thought it was about time I sail again with RCCL after a pleasant experience on the Serenade of the Seas years ago. However, it looks like RCCL purges its records and I now need to prove that I sailed with them. Customer service wants me to send them a photo of myself with the logo of the ship in the background, otherwise they don't consider me as a past passenger. Gee, I have all of my programs and photos of me in Halifax, but, nothing with the ship logo. Hence, I doubt that I'll book RCCL and just choose another line. Your loss, RCCL.

Cornelia

I thought it was about time I sail again with RCCL after a pleasant experience on the Serenade of the Seas years ago. However, it looks like RCCL purges its records and I now need to prove that I sailed with them. Customer service wants me to send them a photo of myself with the logo of the ship in the background, otherwise they don't consider me as a past passenger. Gee, I have all of my programs and photos of me in Halifax, but, nothing with the ship logo. Hence, I doubt that I'll book RCCL and just choose another line. Your loss, RCCL.

Cornelia

If you really wanted to sail RCCL again you wouldn't let repeat guest discount of a few dollars - $60 ????? bother you I wouldn't have thought.

Each to their own though. Happy cruising :-)

It absolutely doesn't sound correct. Somewhere in here, in this mass of threads, is a member who posted the exact opposite - that RCI was very accomodating about their cruise long ago and they worked together to provide the necessary proof.

RCI doesn't want to alienate their customers. Sounds like you've already given up, though.

People here have gotten credit for cruises from the 70s without having to send in photos. Unfortunately, many RCI customer service people will give incorrect answers. Call back and speak to someone else. In this case, I would call the Crown and Anchor number at (866) 562-7625.

We had a situation redeeming a NextCruise certificate where the first person we spoke to said that we had to mail in the original certificate, and there was no way to fax or email it. We hung up and called back, and the second person just needed us to read off the certificate number and didn't need anything to be sent in.

Cornelia

You can call Crown & Anchor (loyalty program) at 800-526-9723 and they will help you. If you had joined the prgram, they will find your membership number. If you had not joined the program, they will look up the record of your sailing on Serenade and enroll you in the program. Your sailing on Serenade was in the last 10 years or so, and they have records much older than that.

Cornelia

The only discounts offered are the balcony discount which is available to their Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle C&A Members.

Or the the C&A Savings Certificate for Gold Members and above and these are not available on all sailings.

The C&A Savings Certificates for Gold Members are....

For Inside Stateroom

$25 for 3-5 nights

$65 for 6-9 nights

$100 for 10-14 nights

$100 for 15+ nights

For Outside Stateroom

$50 for 3-5 nights

$125 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-14 nights

$200 for 15+ nights

The C&A Savings Certificates for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members are....

For an Inside Cabin

$35 for 3-5 nights

$75 for 6-9 nights

$115 for 10-14 nights

$115 for 15+ nights

For Oustide Stateroom

$75 for 3-5 nights

$150 for 6-9 nights

$225 for 10-14 nights

$225 for 15+ nights

Here is a breakdown of the C&A Points System by C&A Level. You earn one point for each night you cruise and those points are doubled if you are booked in a JS cabin or above.

Crown & Anchor Points

3 ~~ Gold Level

30 ~~ Platinum Level

55 ~~ Emerald Level

80 ~~ Diamond Level

175 ~ Diamond Plus Level

700 ~ Pinnacle CLub Level

Are you talking about the Crown & Anchor Society? I recently emailed them to figure out my C&A # and they were able to bring up a cruise on the Monarch I took in 1996 (when I was 8!) and add additional family relationship points from cruises my parents took before I was 18.

There would be no "repeater" discounts unless you were at least platinum and could get a balcony discount, though.

The only discounts offered are the balcony discount which is available to their Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle C&A Members.

Or the the C&A Savings Certificate for Gold Members and above and these are not available on all sailings.

The C&A Savings Certificates for Gold Members are....

For Inside Stateroom

$25 for 3-5 nights

$65 for 6-9 nights

$100 for 10-14 nights

$100 for 15+ nights

For Outside Stateroom

$50 for 3-5 nights

$125 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-14 nights

$200 for 15+ nights

The C&A Savings Certificates for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members are....

For an Inside Cabin

$35 for 3-5 nights

$75 for 6-9 nights

$115 for 10-14 nights

$115 for 15+ nights

For Oustide Stateroom

$75 for 3-5 nights

$150 for 6-9 nights

$225 for 10-14 nights

$225 for 15+ nights

Here is a breakdown of the C&A Points System by C&A Level. You earn one point for each night you cruise and those points are doubled if you are booked in a JS cabin or above.

Crown & Anchor Points

3 ~~ Gold Level

30 ~~ Platinum Level

55 ~~ Emerald Level

80 ~~ Diamond Level

175 ~ Diamond Plus Level

700 ~ Pinnacle CLub Level

My last 3 cruises I've received past guest discounts :-)

Cornelia

A photo of you and the ship logo? I mean, I don't know what their policies are, but that doesn't sound legit. Anyone could do that in Photoshop! I would call back and ask to speak with someone else.

If all I need to do is have myself in front of a ship i'll be stalking all the Royal ships in all the ports from now on and having photoshoots with the the ship... fast forward 20 years... i'll send in all the photos and magically become Pinnacle ;)

Hmmm maybe I can just go online and find random pictures of people in front of ships from the 80's and 90's... they'd be blurry enough that they couldn't tell if they were the same person... send them in and ta da Diamond Lounge for my cruise next week!

Cornelia

You should phone again and talk to someone else. I just phoned the C&A number that Bob gave (thanks Bob) and she was able pull up my 1999 Majesty of the Seas cruise and then assigned me a C&A number, woo hoo I am now Gold :p

I had phoned them last month and they said I was not a C&A member, but could see I had sailed with RCCL, they didn't offer to sign me up or anything, maybe I had the wrong dept. or something and he wasn't too friendly. Sure glad I came across this thread.

A photo of you and the ship logo? I mean, I don't know what their policies are, but that doesn't sound legit. Anyone could do that in Photoshop! I would call back and ask to speak with someone else.

It's legit. They asked my son for the same proof when he questioned them on his C&A status. He tried to explain that he made Diamond while living at home with us after he was reduced to Platinum. He even cruised with his future wife as a Diamond but didn't have the total points to qualify on his own. Too funny though. The photos wouldn't have helped his cause. So yes, they do ask for photos.

Cornelia

If you give them your home address when you took the voyage and the name you used that may help them find your voyage in their records. I.E. did you change your last name (e.g. married or divorced) or move?

Unfortunately I think the OP began this thread with his mind already made up - even with the incorrect conclusion that RCI must purge their records - and just wanted to vent about RCI. As well pointed out by the many posts that followed, his situation is not necessarily unique and is one that can be corrected.

An acceptable resolution would certainly be sought by C & A had he continued to pursue his issue as RCI has in large part built its business on repeat customers and truly values that loyalty. Perhaps if he is still reading his thread he will give it another shot - he has all to gain by trying.

Unfortunately I think the OP began this thread with his mind already made up - even with the incorrect conclusion that RCI must purge their records - and just wanted to vent about RCI....

Agreed; we know they don't purge. Our first cruise in 1993 is recorded on file with them.

Cornelia

Or maybe it´s more like RCCL´s win.;) Don´t let the door hit you and bye bye.

Photos (or some memorabilia) are requested when, for some reason, the manifest does not show your name. These are usually old cruises. Crown and Anchor typically requests you send a picture in of you on the ship, or in front of the ship, etc and they will then credit you for the cruise.

Archived