Upgrade Fairy!!

It was complimentary. We were booked in a JS. They didn't call, I just noticed it online :D. We are Diamond.

Just out of curiosity, are you charged suite suite gratuities when you are upgraded? We will give extra anyways, just curious if it will be taken automatically :)!

I was upgraded from a JS to a GS on Monarch and had prepaid tips. When they called to offer free upgrade they said the only cost to us would be the extra gratuities. We paid by CC on the phone and it was done. Things have changed a little bit, but you should be charged the extra amount (it isn't that much:)) and WELL worth the upgrade:D

It was complimentary. We were booked in a JS. They didn't call, I just noticed it online :D. We are Diamond.

Just out of curiosity, are you charged suite suite gratuities when you are upgraded? We will give extra anyways, just curious if it will be taken automatically :)!

Congrats!

We were upgraded 3 days prior to sailing from a JS to a GS in 2011. I called RCI to ask about the additional gratuities, and the rep said that they had adjusted the total amount we had already paid so that our cruise fare was lowered by the amount of the additional gratuities (we had MTD, so had prepaid). We also confirmed with our stateroom attendant that she was receiving the correct amount.

I don't think that's the norm, though, and if one hasn't prepaid, the automatic gratuity now charged onboard would be the full amount.

If you already paid, they likely added on a balance to your confirmation. You should ask them to email you an updated confirmation and look at it. This happened to us and there definitely was a small balance owed so I called and paid it off.

Gina

Thanks everybody... And thanks Royal Caribbean!

I still can't believe it. It hasn't sunk in yet. Woohoo :D

Congratulations!! you are going to love your OS!! have a great cruise! :):)

We were just upgraded from a JS to a GS on this weekends Enchantment cruise. We are D+ and this is only the second time we've been upgraded. They didn't call us. I just looked at the reservation, and to my surprise it said GS. Thank you RCI.

We were just upgraded from a JS to a GS on this weekends Enchantment cruise. We are D+ and this is only the second time we've been upgraded. They didn't call us. I just looked at the reservation, and to my surprise it said GS. Thank you RCI.

First - congrats OP

Second - only the second tiem you have been upgraded:eek: We are about to become D+ needing 7 more points - last 3 sailings were in GS - never received an upgrade. Maybe I should start booking JS - but love my GS

Congratulations.....We are hoping for a upgrade on our Enchantment cruise leaving on 5/10. We are 0 for 30 so ........ There are still 3 OS 2 GS 1RFS and 2 JS left. We are traveling with another couple who are also D+ (never been upgraded) and trying to see if our TA can get us the RFS. She said they won't give upgrades until after the Tuesday sale.

Your TA is wrong.

Have you been checking your reservation? Any luck?

Archived