How many times have you done the same cruise?

Aussie FF

We cruise to enjoy the cruise. We don't care much about the destination, except that it must be hot. We love to swim and snorkel. We love the South Pacific Islands and the Great Barrier Reef.

We are still restricted to school holidays. And DMIL doesn't get off the ship, mobility issues.

We can't justify travelling across the world to exotic locations which would double the cost, while we're still paying for 5 pax. But we love the trans Pacifics and Singapore.

I have just made Diamond Plus, but RCI hasn't acknowledged it. Their points don't add up.:cool:

1985 Fairstar South Pacific

1999 Fair Princess South Pacific

2006 Pacific Sky B2B Singapore

2007 Rhapsody Singapore

2009 Rhapsody Hawaii Easter

2009 Rhapsody East Coast /QLD

2009 Pacific Dawn South Pacific Christmas

2010 Rhapsody East Coast/QLD

2010 Rhapsody South Pacific Christmas

2011 Rhapsody Hawaii

2011 Rhapsody East Coast/QLD

2012 Radiance South Pacific

2012 Rhapsody East Coast/QLD

2013 Rhapsody South Pacific

2013 Carnival Spirit Sydney to Melbourne

2013 April-Rhapsody South Pacific (Very last minute):)

Booked

Radiance Oct 2013 Top of Australia

Radiance Dec 2013 Christmas B2B South Pacific

Rhapsody Feb 2014 South Pacific

Rhapsody April 2014 South Pacific

Well if we are talking exactly the same cruise I´ve done the Baltics on the Jewel two times exactly one year apart. They even left on almost the exact same date (one day difference).

If we are talking same Region, but different ships, Variation in ports, different time of year, I´ve had quite a few Repetition, having been on several TA´s, a few New England Cruises, a few Alaska, a couple Panama full Transit, a couple Hawaii, a few Mediterranean...

While I don´t hesitate to repeat something a little mix up is nice.

Like Smashrox, living in Florida has its advantages for weekend crusing. I've done the 3 night Majesty (Friday - Monday) and the 4 night Liberty (Thurs-Mon) so many times. Dirt cheap I might add. For the Majesty, I leave my office around 2 on Friday and self depart on Monday to be at my desk by 8:00. awesome. I too love snorkling and coco cay, Bahamas is one of my favorite stops.

I leave my office around 2 on Friday and self depart on Monday to be at my desk by 8:00.

I am jealous. What a great weekend.

For the OP. We have done the Eastern Caribbean 8 times and have it booked for 2 more, and I am not bored of it. We are on a ship, so I am happy.

Andrew

As much as I enjoyed the destinations, I also enjoy the ship entertainments especially the shows.

I have avoided cruising to the same destinations and also on the same ship so I can experience different production shows onboard. Same reason I will probably never do b2b.

I've been on the Adventure OTS out of San Juan 8 times. 4 on the Southern West and 4 on the Southern East. Got to get away from the cold in February. After the Allure this coming February, we will swing to the Adventure (assuming staying in SJ) the following February.

The advantage of San Juan (SJ) if guaranteed warm weather which makes us happy.:):)

We haven't done the exact cruise twice. Some ports we have visited twice. I might consider an exact same cruise if it was a part of a B2B with a new ship we want to experience.

I might change my mind in a few years time though :)

I can hear the Oasis Class calling my name :D

Have been on the Explorer Bermuda/Caribbean cruise 3 times and going on it again 5/16. There are always new things to do and favorites to repeat. Since we mostly do Caribbean cruises(for the weather), we repeat ports several times a year.

We cruise to enjoy the cruise. We don't care much about the destination, except that it must be hot. We love to swim and snorkel. We love the South Pacific Islands and the Great Barrier Reef.

We are still restricted to school holidays. And DMIL doesn't get off the ship, mobility issues.

We can't justify travelling across the world to exotic locations which would double the cost, while we're still paying for 5 pax. But we love the trans Pacifics and Singapore.

With those locations in my "backyard," it would be hard to justify traveling elsewhere, too. We've traveled the same 4 nighter to the Bahamas several times, but the friends we take with us make it new every time.

We keep going to Bermuda because we like the convenience of not flying. We've done the Explorer (9 night) 3 times & are booked again next year. We've also done the NCL Boston to Bermuda twice & will be going again in a couple of weeks.

We will be doing the Freedom of the Seas (same western itinerary) for a 3rd time this summer. We need to change it up a little for our next summer's vacation although we're not jumping on the eastern itinerary (too beachy for us).

I'm in the process of looking for an alternative but really want a different ship AND itinerary and there are not too many options with RCCL. We did give Carnival a try last year, LOVED the ports but missed RCCL too much!!! I am looking at the Allure/Oasis (eastern itinerary) or the Breeze (southern itinerary), Carnival hasn't put out 2014 summer Breeze dates yet.

We (all 6 of us) are able to drive straight to Florida from NY which is how we are able to cruise. If we had to add on airfare, cruising would no longer be an option for us.

We will be doing the Freedom of the Seas (same western itinerary) for a 3rd time this summer. We need to change it up a little for our next summer's vacation although we're not jumping on the eastern itinerary (too beachy for us).

I'm in the process of looking for an alternative but really want a different ship AND itinerary and there are not too many options with RCCL. We did give Carnival a try last year, LOVED the ports but missed RCCL too much!!! I am looking at the Allure/Oasis (eastern itinerary) or the Breeze (southern itinerary), Carnival hasn't put out 2014 summer Breeze dates yet.

We (all 6 of us) are able to drive straight to Florida from NY which is how we are able to cruise. If we had to add on airfare, cruising would no longer be an option for us.

The 8 day Independence of the Seas cruises in Winter have nice itineraries.

Have a look .......................

:-)

We have our 5th 9 night Explorer of the Seas Cruise coming up....same itin every time....

We don't mind...some people go to the same beach house every summer....

We have done other cruises, but Bayonne is so convenient for us....

Some people have summer homes they visit every year...how is taking the same cruise over and over any different? It's just another way to vacation!:D Some people cruise to explore new places in a safe and predictable environment and some people cruise to go on vacation in a familiar place, like they would if they had a summer home or yearly rental. Both even happen with different people on the same cruise!;). When I go to the SPacific, it's an epic journey for the destination, you go to sit in the sun with an umbrella drink:p:D

We've cruised to Bermuda about 6 or 7 times, mostly different ships, different lines. We really enjoy that cruise (obviously) and it's very convenient from where we live. We did the Bahamas cruise last Oct., but missed 2 of the three ports because of Sandy. We're trying again at the end of this month (different ship/line).

Fran

Archived