How many times have you done the same cruise?

Aussie FF

We generally manage a cruise every 2-3 years so prefer to see places we haven't been to. Other then 2014 where we will get 3 cruises and a repeat of Hawaii, that is not the norm for us. We also like to try differant ships although during our 2014 cruise we will enjoy sailing on the ROS again. We have sailed Princess twice and the last three with Royal. We have sailed on two Radiance Class and one Freedom Class and prefer the Radiance Class.

I've done the Mexican Riviera at least a times. It would have been more if RCI hadn't pulled their ships out of California. I tried Carnival, but it just wasn't the same.

The Caribbean is my second favorite destination. I've done the western route four times, the eastern route 3 times and the southern route twice with one more planned for September.

I'd love to do Europe more often, but the flights are more than the cruise.

We have been to Bermuda on 6 different cruise lines from NYC.

I know a number of people who take the same land vacation every year. They like the location and it is comfortable for them. It's probably no different with cruise vacations, unless the ship changes itineraries or gets reported.

Always! Twice on HAL Oosterdam to Alaska (7 day roundtrip Seattle - first in 2006, second in 2008), and twice on HAL Amsterdam to Alaska (14 day roundtrip Seattle - first in 2010 and second in 2011). Plus I have HAL Amsterdam 14 day roundtrip Seattle booked for the third time on May 18, 2014. Yeah....call me crazy (about Alaska:D), but I have no desire to cruise anywhere else.

I've done the Mexican Riviera at least a times. It would have been more if RCI hadn't pulled their ships out of California. I tried Carnival, but it just wasn't the same.

Done the 3 & 4 day SoCal itins at least 20 times on four different ships. It's funny, when we tried Royal (twice) we said the same thing.;):)

Always find something new in Ensenada to do or eat.

Have done the same ship twice and have visited several islands more than once, but never the exact same cruise twice.

Unlike the OP, the #1 criteria when choosing my cruise is itinerary. I can only afford to cruise in the Caribbean right now (yes, warm locations are a must for me too!), and I prefer the southern Caribbean. On a cruise, you spend only a day at each location, so visiting the same place multiple times isn't really something that will get boring. How much can you see in one day!! There's always new things to do, even if you've visited a port of call previously.

We have done essentially the same ship/itinerary 4 times now, and will do the same again this year. We live in the Seattle area, so cruising Alaska is easy for us. We don't get the weekend cruises like Florida, so we don't get to jump on often, but we go once each summer.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Until DH developed health issues, all our cruises were different. Flying long distances was out.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]And now that I have a mobility issue -- more restrictions.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We aren't cruising as much as we are tired of doing the same ports and almost the same itineraries.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Aussie FF']We cruise to enjoy the cruise. We don't care much about the destination, except that it must be hot. We love to swim and snorkel. We love the South Pacific Islands and the Great Barrier Reef.
We are still restricted to school holidays. And DMIL doesn't get off the ship, mobility issues.
We can't justify travelling across the world to exotic locations which would double the cost, while we're still paying for 5 pax. But we love the trans Pacifics and Singapore.

I have just made Diamond Plus, but RCI hasn't acknowledged it. Their points don't add up.:cool:

1985 Fairstar South Pacific
1999 Fair Princess South Pacific
2006 Pacific Sky B2B Singapore
2007 Rhapsody Singapore
2009 Rhapsody Hawaii Easter
2009 Rhapsody East Coast /QLD
2009 Pacific Dawn South Pacific Christmas
2010 Rhapsody East Coast/QLD
2010 Rhapsody South Pacific Christmas
2011 Rhapsody Hawaii
2011 Rhapsody East Coast/QLD
2012 Radiance South Pacific
2012 Rhapsody East Coast/QLD
2013 Rhapsody South Pacific
2013 Carnival Spirit Sydney to Melbourne
2013 April-Rhapsody South Pacific (Very last minute):)

Booked
Radiance Oct 2013 Top of Australia
Radiance Dec 2013 Christmas B2B South Pacific
Rhapsody Feb 2014 South Pacific
Rhapsody April 2014 South Pacific[/quote]

The only cruises we've repeated thus far were the Mexican Riviera and Alaska.

The Mexico cruise we planned on using it to introduce our kids to cruising (a bit cheaper since no flying involved). But our youngest couldn't get the same week off school as the others. So we did that one in Oct and Dec.

And we've been to Alaska twice, similar but not identical. One was a roundtrip Vancouver, and the other was a cruise tour with the cruise one way from Seward to Vancouver.

My choices are based entirely on destination, and I would never consider any cruise, just because it is closer, cheaper, on the same ship, with a particular line etc etc

I've been on 78 cruises with over 30 of those to Alaska. :) My significant advantage is, not paying for flights and having essentially unlimited time off from work. I seldom sail the Caribbean any longer, due to my snorkeling priority. I go to Hawaii every year for that fix. :)

I don't mind doing the same cruise because sometimes there are things you want to do but don't have the time in just one trip.

However, we have sailed twice to AK and are going on our 3rd next month. Since we live in the Seattle area, they are easy to do. We get the cheap deals so it is worth it. I love just getting away from the demands and routines of home. On the ship I don't have to cook and clean. AK is not our favorite destination, we find it rather boring, but we love to cruise. I would much rather go to the Caribbean or even a S. Pacific or Europe, but with 2 school age kids we are limited at the moment. We are planning another Caribbean for summer 2014.

I've done a TA crossing, each way, with Cunard twice.

However, the first was in 1964, as a child with my family.

The second was in 2009, as a parent with my family.

Two completely different experiences!

I've visited the same ports twice, on 'overlapping' cruises - we sailed out of Venice on an Eastern Med and Greek Islands two-weeker and into Venice on a one week Dalmatian Coast cruise, and several of the ports were the same. Different lines, different experiences, but the advantage of knowing those ports so we could try something a little different, on our own.

I've cruised to only the Caribbean and 4 times....some to the same ports! Cruising in my 20s, I didn't have tons of money to go to exotic and faraway locations, so it made sense to cruise out of Florida or Puerto Rico for the cheaper flights.... I will never get sick of the islands, you can do different excursions each time, or just relax on the beach...plus I just want to be on board a cruise ship!

We'll be doing our fourth autumn trans-Atlantic this October, two from Rome, two from England - sort of repeats. Only identical repeats were on Noordam from New York to Caribbean in January 2007 & 2008 -- we'd do it every year if HAL would only come back to NY.

We've done the same 18 night cruise from Southampton to Venice twice....and OH wanted to do it again this year! I don't think there's much to beat the sail in/out from Venice, but I can do without Corfu and Korcula as ports again and again!

Archived