Signature Suites - Are they worth it?

Viking75

we love them! our first suite was on an Alaskan cruise, and it was well worth the up sell for us. If this is the one time you are going to do it, having a suite is well worth it, in our opinion. If you are traveling with others, having the extra space is welcome, as the balcony is deeper and you can entertain out there. we've even invited new friends to our balcony for a pre-dinner drink, as the balcony is so much more roomy, especially if you choose a mid-ship suite. The biggest perk being you also get double the points in a suite. Whatever you decide, i hope you have a lovely Alaskan cruise. Since the daylight is so much longer , the sun being out so very very late, you will really enjoy it. Have a good time. 

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:22 AM, tuolumne couple said:

we love them! our first suite was on an Alaskan cruise, and it was well worth the up sell for us. If this is the one time you are going to do it, having a suite is well worth it, in our opinion. If you are traveling with others, having the extra space is welcome, as the balcony is deeper and you can entertain out there. we've even invited new friends to our balcony for a pre-dinner drink, as the balcony is so much more roomy, especially if you choose a mid-ship suite. The biggest perk being you also get double the points in a suite. Whatever you decide, i hope you have a lovely Alaskan cruise. Since the daylight is so much longer , the sun being out so very very late, you will really enjoy it. Have a good time. 

We got an upsell to a Vista Suite on the Zaandam and thought we would get the double day benefit for Mariner status. We did not receive the double day credit and when I asked HA if it had been an oversight, they said you do not receive the double day credit if you get an upsell. It is only for people that book at published price.

11 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

We got an upsell to a Vista Suite on the Zaandam and thought we would get the double day benefit for Mariner status. We did not receive the double day credit and when I asked HA if it had been an oversight, they said you do not receive the double day credit if you get an upsell. It is only for people that book at published price.

Yes, upsell doesn’t count for double credit.  

11 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Yes, upsell doesn’t count for double credit.  

yes, i know.. but the up-sell was still worth it 🙂 as you never pay full price for the up-sell, so it is a trade off. you are not missing out on anything in the end. you get a reduced price for the suite and not cruise credit days. i guess you have to ask yourself which you are aiming for. Either way, a lovely cruise is the end result!! That is all i wish for anyone. A happy healthy lovely cruise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tuolumne couple said:

yes, i know.. but the up-sell was still worth it 🙂 as you never pay full price for the up-sell, so it is a trade off. you are not missing out on anything in the end. you get a reduced price for the suite and not cruise credit days. i guess you have to ask yourself which you are aiming for. Either way, a lovely cruise is the end result!! That is all i wish for anyone. A happy healthy lovely cruise. 

They are SO worth the upsell!   One year we decided to book a Signature suite not a Neptune for an Alaska cruise through our PCC.  We received a great offer to upsell to a Neptune but declined figuring we’d been in many Neptune’s let someone else have it.  Well, within a week we got another offer which was even cheaper and grabbed it.  I couldn’t believe it!  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

They are SO worth the upsell!   .. got another offer which was even cheaper and grabbed it.  I couldn’t believe it!  

that is what happens. once the offers are gone, they are gone... good for you! i haven't done a Neptune yet. one day. i am jealous...

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 10:40 PM, kevingastreich said:

You can just go ahead and stand in the priority boarding line, nobody checks until you are at the counter and by then it's too late. 

Funny, every time since we reached 4-star we have been asked to show our boarding pass when we entered the priority line.  Maybe we just don't look like we belong there.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:40 PM, kevingastreich said:

We always get Signature Suites and I never remember priority boarding being officially included.

... because it's not.

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

....  since we reached 4-star we have been asked to show our boarding pass when we entered the priority line. Maybe we just don't look like we belong there.

not necessarily... i think it is just to avoid confusion... a lot of people accidentally get in the wrong line... i have always been asked for my boarding pass several times, but honestly..embarkation day is such a happy day for me..i practically look for any excuse to pull it out and show it to someone. 🙂

Edited by tuolumne couple