Any Questions? Off the Enchantment yesterday

I was on the 5/10 sailing...stayed in cabin 8600 (Panoramic Oceanview), and there wasn't an Ipad in there. This is actually the first time that I heard of them in the suites. Wonder where I've been :confused: ???

We will be staying in one of the panoramic oceanviews (8104). Was the room nice? I can't find much information out about it. Do you have any pictures? Thanks!

Edited to add: Sorry, just saw your other post about the cabin.

Edited by mom3kids

I was on the 5/10 sailing...stayed in cabin 8600 (Panoramic Oceanview), and there wasn't an Ipad in there. This is actually the first time that I heard of them in the suites. Wonder where I've been :confused: ???

I wasn't expecting one. I remember reading that some ships were supposed to have them, but never thought twice about it until I saw it on the coffee table.

We loved having it, especially since the Enchantment doesn't have interactive TV.

We will be staying in one of the panoramic oceanviews (8104). Was the room nice? I can't find much information out about it. Do you have any pictures? Thanks!

Edited to add: Sorry, just saw your other post about the cabin.

mom3kids-

I kid you not, this cabin was one of the best I've ever stayed in; at least in terms of space and view. I would say that anybody who isn't interested in a balcony, yet still wants the ultimate window view....go for the Panoramic Oceanview room. We hadn't previously heard of them until we received a surprise "upgrade" back in March from an Inside cabin.

Yes, I do have photos that i haven't posted. In fact, I've not had time since arriving back home to upload them all. Promise to do at least a partial review over this weekend!:)

Can you tell me/us about the menus in the MDR? We are going to book in June (3 day) and were wondering if they were using the same menus as Oasis (we are booking a smaller cruise just ourselves (no kiddies this time as we are depressed we out no longer on Oasis!!! =)

Can you tell me/us about the menus in the MDR? We are going to book in June (3 day) and were wondering if they were using the same menus as Oasis (we are booking a smaller cruise just ourselves (no kiddies this time as we are depressed we out no longer on Oasis!!! =)

Yes, Enchantment has the same menus as Oasis. However, they may not use the same daily schedule as Oasis.

mom3kids-

I kid you not, this cabin was one of the best I've ever stayed in; at least in terms of space and view. I would say that anybody who isn't interested in a balcony, yet still wants the ultimate window view....go for the Panoramic Oceanview room. We hadn't previously heard of them until we received a surprise "upgrade" back in March from an Inside cabin.

Yes, I do have photos that i haven't posted. In fact, I've not had time since arriving back home to upload them all. Promise to do at least a partial review over this weekend!:)

Thanks for the info! I would love to see the pictures when you get a chance.

This was my first Enchantment trip, so please identify what would make it updated and I can tell you.

If updated means:

Pillowtop or some fancy bed. No. These were plain beds.

New style sheets. No. These were the plain white sheets, white thin comforter, aqua runner thing across the end of the bed during the day.

Taller beds with storage underneath. No. While mostly comfortable, these beds were the ultra-low style I've seen in the older ships. There wasn't a lot of space under them, just a few inches. Not enough for a suitcase, unless it was really thin.

If you mean something else, I'll try to answer.

Hmm... Now that you ask me this question, IDK! lol.

I guess that might be newer than these:

shp_en_int-state_img_305.jpg

If so, we'll consider that an improvement!

any large scale productions(singing and dancing)on the 3 nite cruise?What nite is that? Doing anytime dining and wonder what are chances that you actually can GET a table for 2 at 7pm,as requested?

Heard Windjammer packed for lunch, is MDR open on embarkation?

What time must you leave cabin on debarkation,latest?:confused:

any large scale productions(singing and dancing)on the 3 nite cruise?What nite is that? Doing anytime dining and wonder what are chances that you actually can GET a table for 2 at 7pm,as requested?

Heard Windjammer packed for lunch, is MDR open on embarkation?

What time must you leave cabin on debarkation,latest?:confused:

MDR is not open for lunch on Embarkation. Usually one production show on a 3 day cruise. They usually want you out of your stateroom by 8am or so.

Just back from the 3 nighter on May 17th. I will be posting a review and pix in a day or so and will put up the compasses also, after I get them scanned.

I will say this...all in all a great staff, crew, ship, and cruise!!! :)

Oh, I know you dined at a few different places, but do you recall lobster on the menus any of the nights in the mdr? Thanks. :)

No lobster on the 4 nights. You can order lobster from Chops in the MDR for a surcharge.

Just back from the 3 nighter on May 17th. I will be posting a review and pix in a day or so and will put up the compasses also, after I get them scanned.

Great! Can't wait to read your review and see the compasses! :)

Awesome! Thanks- looking forward to seeing 3 night compass.. Also, would you remember any of the theme names from the menu in the dining room?

Awesome! Thanks- looking forward to seeing 3 night compass.. Also, would you remember any of the theme names from the menu in the dining room?

I remember Friday and Saturday for sure... Friday was Pimiento and Saturday was Saffron. Sunday we ate in Chops Grille.

Friday: I had the Lasagna and Carol had the Any-day Chicken Breast. lasagna was Awesome!! Carol had the Chicken on Liberty before and said Liberty was better, but this was OK.

Saturday: Was formal night, and yes we do get dressed, but I left the Tux at home. Suit for me and Cocktail dress for Carol.

I had the filet of Beef Tenderloin. I was really good, but not what I expected. I was more like London Broil, but really good. Carol had the Artichoke Crepes, and again just an OK. She did eat it all though :)

I'm not even going to guess at Sunday, as again, we did Chops. Worth every penny, even Carol liked it. The service and ambiance was great.

I'll save the rest for my review...

Peeked at the compass, thanks so much for posting that, my first cruise is coming up July 5 and I just want to know what to expect a little. I've been reading this board all day and night I can't even focus on the compass right now will save it for tomorrow!! Can't wait to read more reviews. Unfortunately I'm only in an ocean view room and I'm sure that's where I'll be staying. Maybe one of these days ill get a fancy room!

Unfortunately I'm only in an ocean view room and I'm sure that's where I'll be staying. Maybe one of these days ill get a fancy room!

Don't knock the ocean view, I've done many a cruise in inside cabins and loved every minute of them! :) When I have an OV or balcony, I love looking out the window at night to see the moon and ocean before I go to bed. I once saw a beautiful thunderstorm on the way to Bermuda. It lit up the ocean like daylight! :D Welcome to cruising!

Unfortunately I'm only in an ocean view room and I'm sure that's where I'll be staying. Maybe one of these days ill get a fancy room!

The OV rooms on Enchantment are great! Ours had a huge window and a ledge you could use as a window seat so I didn't miss having a balcony at all.

Would love to see the compasses soon. I group leader for a small group leaving on the June 7th 3 day and I know they all would like to see them. Thanks for saving them and the plan to post them.